On 2/20/2017 at 6:14 PM, JetJockey said:

Bumped up the topic since we are getting a Priss Motoslave Figma. I hope this will be the best version.

They have to make the Highway Star. Even if it doesn't transform. Here is the image that I assume was posted above that's gone now.

58ab864337c9a_HighwayStar.jpg.85a9700c74d5eaf1cd8c2d228bce9b90.jpg

The Highway Star needs to be made like theres no tomorrow!! Same size as the Beagle Ride Armors, no smaller IMO! B))

With matching Priss figure of course!! 

2 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Mmmm, let the speculation begin.  If this goes through, I hope it means transformable motoslaves, not just figures of the crew already suited up.

They could have used a different image like this one if it didn't transform.

MotoSlave_Poster_02.jpg.b410110c1ca478d2716a99087fece238.jpg

I'm assuming it will transform.

Anyone or a moderator want to make this a Bubblegum Crisis Toys / Items topic? Where we can post other stuff like posters, cels, pencil cases, etc? I still look for stuff on occasion. This is the best I found recently. Sadly it was too expensive. But what do you expect for a one of a kind cel and background from the end of episode 5. Sylia in her undersuit / bikini probably helps too.

58ad05d9ba14b_Sylia__Knight_Sabers_Ep5_Ending_Cel_136000_Yen_02.jpg.7423f9575703162c0fe5d98a4768d091.jpg

Edited by JetJockey

5 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

The Highway Star needs to be made like theres no tomorrow!! Same size as the Beagle Ride Armors, no smaller IMO! B))

With matching Priss figure of course!! 

I'm surprised a company hasn't made one yet. I think the light up Akira bike from a while ago goes for a lot of money now. A Highway Star with Priss would be another good one.

34 minutes ago, JetJockey said:

I'm surprised a company hasn't made one yet. I think the light up Akira bike from a while ago goes for a lot of money now. A Highway Star with Priss would be another good one.

Same here, I remember seeing that scratch built Highway Star maybe 15 years ago or so in an old B-Club magazine. maybe one day a company will go for it. I'd order one in a heartbeat. :D

6 hours ago, Big s said:

I thought a toy or kit company made that bike maybe aoshima, but it was a while back and I can't be too sure.

The Highway Star? I know there are a few of the normal Motoslave. But I've never seen a released Highway Star before. Here is the Aoshima version.

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/51902

This is the only figure I own by Atelier Sai. I vaguely recall that someone told me or I read that they were a small run.

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/2981

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

If I can find that B-Club issue I'll post it. B))

I'm only missing the first small B-Club book. I remember searching for something related to Bubblegum Crisis once and found scans of the complete B-Club book.

Edited by JetJockey

Okay, thanks for the information. "Bubblegum Crisis" was the series that made me a subtitles convert (back in the day when all anime fans had to worry about was a) sub vs dub and b) where the hell could you buy any anime in the first place?!) and "Revenge Road" is, I think, my favourite episode.

Edited by F-ZeroOne

38 minutes ago, F-ZeroOne said:

Okay, thanks for the information. "Bubblegum Crisis" was the series that made me a subtitles convert (back in the day when all anime fans had to worry about was a) sub vs dub and b) where the hell could you buy any anime in the first place?!) and "Revenge Road" is, I think, my favourite episode.

I picked up the Revenge Road laserdisc and record for the covers a while ago. You can still get the laserdisc for cheap but the record is a bit expensive. It is a cool episode. And good cels with Priss and the Highway Star from that episode seem to be incredibly hard to find or collectors have them. I've only seen these.

Priss_Ep4_Bike_Mistake_Cel.jpg.261424bd987cd15a96a3c29004c70c7e.jpg

Priss_Ep4_Highway_Star_Double_or_Pan_Cel.jpg.5afbed853bfaf04182307ccccd5d094c.jpg

For the young 'uns: Laserdisc was like a DVD, but you could use one as a (very shiny) hat.  :lol: (Records, ask your grandparents! Never knew they actually made them, though it makes sense for the era I guess). I can certainly imagine that "Crisis" cels, at least of the main characters or famous scenes, are going to be both rare and expensive.

29 minutes ago, F-ZeroOne said:

For the young 'uns: Laserdisc was like a DVD, but you could use one as a (very shiny) hat.  :lol: (Records, ask your grandparents! Never knew they actually made them, though it makes sense for the era I guess). I can certainly imagine that "Crisis" cels, at least of the main characters or famous scenes, are going to be both rare and expensive.

There was a record store on Ventura Blvd in 90's which if I remember was called Tempo Records, they had a really unique selection of Anime Laserdiscs back then. Patlabor, Mobius, Project A-ko, Akira, etc and of course BGC. The artwork on the packing always amazed me! B))

2 hours ago, F-ZeroOne said:

I guess I grew up like many others here right around the end of the record / cassette tape time period. Although limited records are making a comeback. I know my first car had a cassette tape player. A CD player was a more expensive option then. Sadly I tossed the cassette player without care when I upgraded to an aftermarket Alpine CD player. I wish I kept the cassette player though just for nostalgia.

Laserdisc was a quick and short period it seems. Who really wanted to buy a movie where you had to get up and flip a disc to finish the movie? And even those of us with VHS movies knew that things didn't look that good when you watched them a bunch of times or used the longest recording setting. I know I have some Macross VHS tapes recorded I think on EP? The longest setting which was like 4 hours or so. And they look rough.

With cels, there are some people on Rubberslug and a couple galleries that managed to get good ones. A few collectors, I think girls / women, named Priss-chan and Nene have ridiculous collections. One of them actually has a hanken by Kenichi Sonoda. There were a few galleries from the old days of the Internet that I can't find anymore that had quality cels.

2 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

There was a record store on Ventura Blvd in 90's which if I remember was called Tempo Records, they had a really unique selection of Anime Laserdiscs back then. Patlabor, Mobius, Project A-ko, Akira, etc and of course BGC. The artwork on the packing always amazed me! B))

Here is the site that has scans of the big B-Club book:

http://www.ravensgarage.com/digital_bclub/crisisclub/

Some of the items we are talking about like the record, CD, and laserdisc covers.

mrchnds1.JPG

And garage kits and other figures. This is the best we had back then. Unpainted kits that needed to be assembled. Now we have amazing painted figures and statues in various scales. They call it a doll on the page but I would love to get a figure of Priss like that Semimotion doll.

mrchnds2.JPG

mrchnds3.JPG

Someone on Neogaf started a Bubblegum Crisis topic.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=231252733

Apparently it's the 30th Anniversary of the anime. I would have started a new topic but this one has so little interest. But I guess the anniversary is why we are seeing the new toy.

2 hours ago, JetJockey said:

Someone on Neogaf started a Bubblegum Crisis topic.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=231252733

Apparently it's the 30th Anniversary of the anime. I would have started a new topic but this one has so little interest. But I guess the anniversary is why we are seeing the new toy.

Hey Davidwhangchoi was the last poster in that thread. Miss that guy.

2 minutes ago, Duymon said:

Off Topic but whatever happened to him O_o

Not sure. Looking at old posts of his, his account name has "guest" appended to it. I would guess he got banned but everyone else who gets banned doesn't have their username modified like that.

• 1 year later...

For those that don't check the Figma topic, this was just previewed.

DjPZFMzUwAICjqq.jpg

I can't wait. Hopefully we get the Highway Star as well.

Edited by JetJockey

46 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Image result for big mouth head explode gif

YES!!!!!! And if a Highway Star should be made, that would be awesome too! 

If the Motoslave doesn't transform then I don't see why they wouldn't release a Highway Star. And even if the Motoslave does transform, you still have a figure that should be able to work for a Highway Star. They could even do a more limited production. So that's more sales any way they look at it. The ones that I would be surprised to see them make are the bigger armors from the end of Episode 6.

7 hours ago, JetJockey said:

If the Motoslave doesn't transform then I don't see why they wouldn't release a Highway Star. And even if the Motoslave does transform, you still have a figure that should be able to work for a Highway Star. They could even do a more limited production. So that's more sales any way they look at it. The ones that I would be surprised to see them make are the bigger armors from the end of Episode 6.

I would love to see the Mecha from episode 6 "Red Eyes" produced. You see them so briefly in the OVA but they looked sooooo damn cool! B))

7 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

I would love to see the Mecha from episode 6 "Red Eyes" produced. You see them so briefly in the OVA but they looked sooooo damn cool! B))

They would make crazy detailed statues. There is a good drawing of the one with Linna in the B-Club book. But they are probably a no go. Only on screen for seconds.

I thought that hover plane from Crash was pretty good. But I want to watch that again to know for sure. I know I didn't like Crash any where near as much as Crisis.

On 7/29/2018 at 11:54 PM, JetJockey said:

For those that don't check the Figma topic, this was just previewed.

DjPZFMzUwAICjqq.jpg

I can't wait. Hopefully we get the Highway Star as well.

My first reaction was to criticize the proportions on the front, but, you know, I'm just super excited to have some new BGC stuff coming, and wouldn't mind a little variety to the interpretations. Really looking forward to this.

So, my wallet is now in for more Arcadia MZ23, more Sentinel Ride Armors, and this line. going to be broke and happy.