Yamato's website says that the Boomer is 4.24" and the AD Police are 4.00".

It also says 1/15th scale.

So, that means the Boomer would in reality be 5'4" and the AD Police would be 5'0".

If we assume that it should really be 1/18th scale, and not 1/15th, then the Boomer would be 6'4" and the AD Police would be 6'0".

I think that this proves that Yamato's 1/15 are really 1/18th, at least when it comes to BGC... not sure about the Megazone 23 Garlands...

... and I should've ordered the 1/18th CMs MOSPEADA to match my motoslave, instead of the 1/15th Megahouse MOSPEADA...

Well, I have the metallic Priss and motoslave by Yamato... waiting on my Boomer and ADP figures to come next month... not a lot of extra cash right now, with all the MOSPEADA stuff coming out... but I'm kind of jonesing for something new from BGC. So, when I do have some extra cash, does anyone here have experience with either the other Yamato motoslaves, or the Aoshima models?

Thanks.

I don't have any experience with the models, but I have all of the Yamato motoslaves. The Metallic one is by far the best for both paint and joint quality. Granted, I like the original 4 for Anime color accuracy. If you can only afford one, I would stick with a metallic version.

Edited by Zx31

I don't have any experience with the models, but I have all of the Yamato motoslaves. The Metallic one is by far the best for both paint and joint quality. Granted, I like the original 4 for Anime color accuracy, if you can only afford one, I would stick with a metallic version.

I would rather get all 4 in metallic, but fear that I'll keep waiting, the originals will no longer be available out there, and the metallics will never come.

Looks like the same kit to me, artwork matches.

Speaking of, I finally broke down and ordered the Machine Canon Ver. kit. Look for yet more comparison photos and another mini-review in the next couple weeks. I'm going to have Motoslaves out my ears before I'm done.

Edited by Zx31

Looks like the same kit to me, artwork matches.

Speaking of, I finally broke down and ordered the Machine Canon Ver. kit. Look for yet more comparison photos and another mini-review in the next couple weeks. I'm going to have Motoslaves out my ears before I'm done.

So how do they compare to the Yamato ones?

Is the scale really 1/12th?

Because the Yamato ones are listed as 1/15th, but are really 1/18th, so the Aoshima ones should be HUGE by comparison.

So how do they compare to the Yamato ones?

Is the scale really 1/12th?

Because the Yamato ones are listed as 1/15th, but are really 1/18th, so the Aoshima ones should be HUGE by comparison.

Just ordered, as in it hasn't even shipped from HLJ yet. ^_^

Once I have it, I'll try to get some good pictures with all four Yamato originals, Yamato Metallic, Yamato Boomer, and the Aoshima Machine Canon. I'm curious as to the size comparisons myself, so it'll be interesting to see how much is interchangeable. I really wish I had the Atelier Sai set to round out the scale comparisons, though. It's too bad I keep missing out on those.

Edited by Zx31

Once I have it, I'll try to get some good pictures with all four Yamato originals, Yamato Metallic, Yamato Boomer, and the Aoshima Machine Canon. I'm curious as to the size comparisons myself, so it'll be interesting to see how much is interchangeable. I really wish I had the Atelier Sai set to round out the scale comparisons, though. It's too bad I keep missing out on those.

Damn, I would love to see a comparison between the Yamato and Atelier Sai figures...I've got all 4 of the latter, and have been debating whether or not it's worth picking up the Yamato versions.

I didn't even know Atelier Sai made BGC figures. I've only seen their Megazone 23 figures. Very cool, because they cover all the mecha, even the more obscure ones, just wish they transformed.

I didn't even know Atelier Sai made BGC figures. I've only seen their Megazone 23 figures. Very cool, because they cover all the mecha, even the more obscure ones, just wish they transformed.

Here's some stock photos:

AtelierSaiPriss.jpg

AtelierSaiSylia.jpg

AtelierSaiNene.jpg

AtelierSaiLinna.jpg

Here's some stock photos:

AtelierSaiPriss.jpg

AtelierSaiSylia.jpg

AtelierSaiNene.jpg

AtelierSaiLinna.jpg

Nice! Looks like they went with the Bubblegum Crash suits, and not the Bubblegum Crisis ones (or am I thinking Tokyo 2040?).

So Atelier Sai just did the girls, and not the motoslaves or any mecha?

Thanks for the pics, btw.

Nice! Looks like they went with the Bubblegum Crash suits, and not the Bubblegum Crisis ones (or am I thinking Tokyo 2040?).

So Atelier Sai just did the girls, and not the motoslaves or any mecha?

Thanks for the pics, btw.

They're the 2nd gen suits from episode 8 of the original (well, 6 for Priss).

Same designs were used in 2040, I believe.

A little off-topic, but Friday I picked up a very gently used copy of the Hurricane Live 2032 music video collection VHS (the one with anime clips compiled to music) for a couple bucks. I think I've got these on DVD, but wasn't certain.

After a couple of decades, its nice to see the show still getting its due. BGC was a really important work to me back in college - it was released during my years there and was a premium trading piece back when VHS duplicates were the fan's sole distro method - and is still an all-time favorite of mine.

They're the 2nd gen suits from episode 8 of the original (well, 6 for Priss).

Same designs were used in 2040, I believe.

Thanks.

So Atelier Sai just made the girls, right?

Was hoping maybe they had made the motoslaves too. Seems like all we have out there are Hurricane I suits, no Hurricane II or Typhoon ones.

The Night Sabers have Mellowlink's back Moonlight Rambler style.

Yamamto put less effort in the three after Priss was released. The arms and torso just come detached with the slightest touch. The Booma is a great fig I must say.

post-3328-1235921600_thumb.jpg

Edited by Save

The Night Sabers have Mellowlink's back Moonlight Rambler style.

Yamamto put less effort in the three after Priss was released. They arms and torso just come detached with the slightest touch. The Booma is a great fig I must say.

I just have the metallic Priss with motoslave, but I love it. Boomer should be coming soon.

Just wish there were more motoslaves, as opposed to different colors of the same one.

I got the Aoshima kit today. I've just started on it, and it'll probably take me a while to get it all together, but I'll get some un-painted photos up when I can.

EDIT

Priss assembled:

DSCN2238.jpg

I've noticed that the Hardsuit design and details on the Aoshima look more accurate, however, the body proportions are a bit odd.

Edited by Zx31

Pictures of the Boomer figure I got today. No Knight Sabers were on duty, so Mellowlink had to fill in.

post-22-1235899590_thumb.jpgpost-22-1235899609_thumb.jpgpost-22-1235899633_thumb.jpg

Having just discovered Mellowlink, thanks to some advice (I think from you, yellowlightman, actually) to me in another thread, I have to ask: Where did you find that Mellowlink toy?

Love the Ateliers. Still hoping for the Motoslaves but at this point with all the toys coming out, I can wait.

Atelier just makes figures, right, nothing transformable?

I got the Aoshima kit today. I've just started on it, and it'll probably take me a while to get it all together, but I'll get some un-painted photos up when I can.

EDIT

Priss assembled:

DSCN2238.jpg

I've noticed that the Hardsuit design and details on the Aoshima look more accurate, however, the body proportions are a bit odd.

Wow. So the Aoshima really is 1/12th (if I remember correctly) scale? Looks huge.

Having just discovered Mellowlink, thanks to some advice (I think from you, yellowlightman, actually) to me in another thread, I have to ask: Where did you find that Mellowlink toy?

I found it at a toy/hobby show here in Tokyo back in the spring. It doesn't seem to be that common. Manufactured by Takara to go with their other VOTOMS toys. It's actually kind of a cr*p toy; too tiny, joints are too lose, can't hold a pose, etc.

I found it at a toy/hobby show here in Tokyo back in the spring. It doesn't seem to be that common. Manufactured by Takara to go with their other VOTOMS toys. It's actually kind of a cr*p toy; too tiny, joints are too lose, can't hold a pose, etc.

I didn't realize you were in Tokyo. Nice.

Do you happen to remember roughly how much you paid for it at the time?

If I look around for one online, considering the rarity of it, but also the cr*ppy qualities you mentioned, how much would you figure it is worth paying for one?

Thanks again.

I didn't realize you were in Tokyo. Nice.

Do you happen to remember roughly how much you paid for it at the time?

If I look around for one online, considering the rarity of it, but also the cr*ppy qualities you mentioned, how much would you figure it is worth paying for one?

Thanks again.

I paid 2000yen for it, which seemed like a decent deal at the time considering the MSRP I think was around 4,000. I tend to hate small, finicky toys so I'm not sure if I'd pay much more than 2000yen for it. HLJ has it for 3600yen, though: http://hlj.com/product/TKT71953

I paid 2000yen for it, which seemed like a decent deal at the time considering the MSRP I think was around 4,000. I tend to hate small, finicky toys so I'm not sure if I'd pay much more than 2000yen for it. HLJ has it for 3600yen, though: http://hlj.com/product/TKT71953

Nice, thanks.

I actually looked for it on there after your previous post, but foolishly looked for "Mellowlink" and not "Merowlink."

Now to decide if it's worth the cash... Once you add shipping, gets a little pricey.

Thanks again.