DSCN2245.jpg

DSCN2246.jpg

Nice pics!

I still haven't decided if I'm getting the other three motoslaves. They're starting to be available cheaper and cheaper, but I love my metallic Priss and motoslave and would rather get the others in metallic too, if they ever come out with it.

Finally, comparison shots of the Atelier Sais and the Yamatos! Thanks!! :)

Do my eyes deceive me, or are the Atelier Sai versions quite a bit larger?

I think the Ateliers are a (claimed) 1/12th scale. The Yamatos claim 1/15th, but are really 1/18th.

I just got the display cabinet yesterday, so I was kinda test fitting everything to see how it all looked. I'll most likely try to borrow my girlfriend's digital camera on Saturday and get some higher quality comparison photos with the Atelier Sai, Aoshima, and Yamato. Just from doing a brief check, the Ateliers are slightly larger than the Aoshima kit. After I complete the motoslave, it looks like the Atelier's might fit it.

I just got the display cabinet yesterday, so I was kinda test fitting everything to see how it all looked. I'll most likely try to borrow my girlfriend's digital camera on Saturday and get some higher quality comparison photos with the Atelier Sai, Aoshima, and Yamato. Just from doing a brief check, the Ateliers are slightly larger than the Aoshima kit. After I complete the motoslave, it looks like the Atelier's might fit it.

The Aoshima to Yamato comparisons, both size and details, are what I would love to see.

Looking forward to more pics.

Can't wait! Thanks!

Not toys, but I figured I'd throw these on here anyways. My latest acquisitions from Yahoo Auctions. Just stole these pictures from the auction, I'll see if I can take some better ones myself soon.

post-22-1237010519_thumb.jpgpost-22-1237010570_thumb.jpg

I LOVE the motoslave in that first pic. Always wished someone would make a toy or model of it, but no one has ever gone beyond the first Hurrican I motoslaves, at least that I've ever been able to find.

I paid 2000yen for it, which seemed like a decent deal at the time considering the MSRP I think was around 4,000. I tend to hate small, finicky toys so I'm not sure if I'd pay much more than 2000yen for it. HLJ has it for 3600yen, though: http://hlj.com/product/TKT71953

Just bought Merowlink/Mellowlink and his bike and rifle on eBay. Brand new. $30, including shipping.

Not too bad, I think.

Just got my 50% off HLJ Yamato Linna yesterday. Haven't even transformed it yet -- the parts-former issue is putting me off a bit. But good looking. (Still prefer my Atelier Sai Linna, but this is decent.)

I know this has been covered, but I shudder at looking over 30+ pages. So would like a quick tip -- arms that drop off at the slightest queer look? Was thinking of dremeling the inner elbow guard so that the elbow joint can go up further, the elbow guard is preventing a good grip in the upper arm, but would like to hear options first.

Just got my 50% off HLJ Yamato Linna yesterday. Haven't even transformed it yet -- the parts-former issue is putting me off a bit. But good looking. (Still prefer my Atelier Sai Linna, but this is decent.)

I know this has been covered, but I shudder at looking over 30+ pages. So would like a quick tip -- arms that drop off at the slightest queer look? Was thinking of dremeling the inner elbow guard so that the elbow joint can go up further, the elbow guard is preventing a good grip in the upper arm, but would like to hear options first.

I'll look at mine tonight. It's the metallic Priss, but that part should function the same.

Ok, have mine in front of me right now, but I guess maybe I'm not clear on the problem that you're encountering. The elbow guard doesn't seem to be an issue on mine.

I took out the ball joint and flipped it upside down. That seemed to work so far, but I don't handle this toy as much as others. It reall does tend to fall apart on you...

Zx31, I'm so jealous of your display... I have the same toys minus the metallic priss, just no room to display... for now.

As of last night, my display now consists of:

- 1 metallic Priss and Motoslave

- 1 black & white CMs Stick

- 1 black & white CMs Ray

- 1 black & white CMs Shinobou

- 1 Mellowlink & bike

- 1 Factory Color Garland

- 2 Proto-Garlands

All 1/18th scale (despite claims to the contrary on Yamato packaging).

Now I just need somewhere to put my Beagle/Toynami Stick/Scott and Toynami Blue Alpha/Legioss & Beta/Tread and 2 Toynami Shadow/Dark Alphas/Legioss.

Ok, have mine in front of me right now, but I guess maybe I'm not clear on the problem that you're encountering. The elbow guard doesn't seem to be an issue on mine.

What appears to be happening on mine is that the elbow guard seems to be just that little bit too thick (potentially from the paintwork), causing the upper arm to not grip the joint as intended. Makes the whole arrangement very easy to detach.

Without the elbow guard, it seems to stay on better.

I'll probably give EXO's solution a try first, before doing anything drastic.

What appears to be happening on mine is that the elbow guard seems to be just that little bit too thick (potentially from the paintwork), causing the upper arm to not grip the joint as intended. Makes the whole arrangement very easy to detach.

Without the elbow guard, it seems to stay on better.

I'll probably give EXO's solution a try first, before doing anything drastic.

You're talking about Priss, and not the Motoslave, right?

Linna actually in my case, but yeah. Sorry for the confusion.

Ok, sorry, I forgot. Does she have the same elbow pads as Priss?

It looks to me like she doesn't (from these pics) so my opinion is probably completely useless to you...

EDIT:

Ignore the BMPs. For some reason, Macrossworld tells you you deleted an attachment, but then keeps it there anyway.

JPEGs attached now instead.

post-7028-1238094412_thumb.jpg

post-7028-1238094423_thumb.jpg

post-7028-1238094434_thumb.jpg

post-7028-1238094443_thumb.jpg

EDIT SOME MORE:

Nevermind, figured out what I was doing wrong. Ok, here are the pics.

Edited by RavenHawk

i sincerely hope the sh*t economy dos'nt kill future versions of the moto-slaves..one of my all time favorite mechs easily...

i want metallics of all the current yams...but where is my BIG MOTOSLAVE TOY !!!!!

beagle,yamato,bandai,anyone.... just give me a deluxe 1/10 moto! :o

+++ where are images of typoon VS. hurricane types ? ...very few pics out there.... let alone toys <_<

i sincerely hope the sh*t economy dos'nt kill future versions of the moto-slaves..one of my all time favorite mechs easily...

i want metallics of all the current yams...but where is my BIG MOTOSLAVE TOY !!!!!

beagle,yamato,bandai,anyone.... just give me a deluxe 1/10 moto! :o

+++ where are images of typoon VS. hurricane types ? ...very few pics out there.... let alone toys <_<

You looking for pictures of the different types of mechs, or of the toys?

You looking for pictures of the different types of mechs, or of the toys?

anything!..there was that old scratchbuilt variable model..quite kool.

..i think there was another variable slave model from the 80's someone posted it here, but i can't find..

but what about line art for the different versions>>i belive the typoon is quite different then the hurricane(yamato)type

or do i have that backwards? ..apparently, there is a rpg for bubblegum..ive found alot of motoslave pics from that..but i dont know if there fan-art or legit line art.

any entries quite welcome!

Sorry about the lack of additional pictures. I've been a bit busy and haven't had time to "officially" get the display case organized and the Aoshima put back together. Priss is in a few pieces being painted in a somewhat unofficial scheme and the motoslave is still in multiple parts in various stages of assembly. I will say one thing about the Aoshima, unless you are crazy good at assembling and painting model kits, it's not going to look anything like the promotional pictures. I'm attempting to paint the Priss figure at the moment and I'm finding it to be a learning process.

anything!..there was that old scratchbuilt variable model..quite kool.

..i think there was another variable slave model from the 80's someone posted it here, but i can't find..

but what about line art for the different versions>>i belive the typoon is quite different then the hurricane(yamato)type

or do i have that backwards? ..apparently, there is a rpg for bubblegum..ive found alot of motoslave pics from that..but i dont know if there fan-art or legit line art.

any entries quite welcome!

novaflo, post a message here tomorrow (Friday) morning, and remind me. I'll post up a bunch of lineart and some other stuff during the day, just need to be reminded.

I'm obsessed with motorcycle mecha, so I'm got a good bit of lineart saved on the computer.

I will say one thing about the Aoshima, unless you are crazy good at assembling and painting model kits, it's not going to look anything like the promotional pictures. I'm attempting to paint the Priss figure at the moment and I'm finding it to be a learning process.

I'm looking forward to seeing yours, especially in comparison to the pre-assembled products. I'd have killed for a model like that back in the 80s! ^_^

Ok, sorry, I forgot. Does she have the same elbow pads as Priss?

It looks to me like she doesn't (from these pics) so my opinion is probably completely useless to you...

Different pads, but EXO's suggestion worked; it's a lot tighter now, so I'm happy with it. Now to work on the Motoslave...

Different pads, but EXO's suggestion worked; it's a lot tighter now, so I'm happy with it. Now to work on the Motoslave...

What changes are you thinking of for, or issues are you seeing with, the Motoslave?

What changes are you thinking of for, or issues are you seeing with, the Motoslave?

Well, I meant to figure out how to transform it. Yamato products tended to have a learning curve...

... as things went, not so bad. The partsformer nature bugs me; I think a larger scale would have allowed a more perfect transformation, without having to apply too much pressure here and there. Wish Yamato had included a tab on the upper arm, would make transforming back to bike mode much easier. Legs and feet also need to be done just right to get the fuel tank and engine together again.

Flappy mirrors, have to be careful there. Handlebars doesn't quite have clearance for the hands to grip easily, might want to think of a mod there. Front shield magnet not aligned properly, might do a tweak to get it right. Wheels tend to go out of alignment vertically easily, so will need to tweak constantly.

In a way feels like a 1/60 YF-21, things have to be just right to get the mode right. The small scale works against the joints here; too many rotating joints and thin parts. It's not a bad toy, it's even good for all its faults, but not quite in the great category.

Well, I meant to figure out how to transform it. Yamato products tended to have a learning curve...

... as things went, not so bad. The partsformer nature bugs me; I think a larger scale would have allowed a more perfect transformation, without having to apply too much pressure here and there. Wish Yamato had included a tab on the upper arm, would make transforming back to bike mode much easier. Legs and feet also need to be done just right to get the fuel tank and engine together again.

Flappy mirrors, have to be careful there. Handlebars doesn't quite have clearance for the hands to grip easily, might want to think of a mod there. Front shield magnet not aligned properly, might do a tweak to get it right. Wheels tend to go out of alignment vertically easily, so will need to tweak constantly.

In a way feels like a 1/60 YF-21, things have to be just right to get the mode right. The small scale works against the joints here; too many rotating joints and thin parts. It's not a bad toy, it's even good for all its faults, but not quite in the great category.

Agree with some of what you say, though mine does seem to align better than it sounds like yours does (don't think there were any changes between the metallic, which I have, and the non-metallic other than coating, but I don't know for sure... maybe leads to some tighter fits).

I'm not a fan of parts-formers either, but I have to tell you, I really like this one a lot. Compared to my other similar-sized ride-armors (I have three CMs MOSPEADA toys, same scale as this), I love this one. It holds poses, I transform it regularly, as opposed to just finding one pose that vaguely works and leaving it there, and, inspite of being a parts-former, this one is actually FUN to transform.

I noticed when transforming it last night, when you're about 3/4 of the way through the transformation, while the read wheel is still down (before being folded back and locked into place), it looks A LOT like the Chromia from the new Transformers movie.

post-7028-1238168375_thumb.jpg

post-7028-1238168388_thumb.jpg

post-7028-1238168400_thumb.jpg

post-7028-1238168417_thumb.jpg

post-7028-1238168440_thumb.jpg

post-7028-1238168463_thumb.jpg

post-7028-1238168452_thumb.jpg

Agree with some of what you say, though mine does seem to align better than it sounds like yours does (don't think there were any changes between the metallic, which I have, and the non-metallic other than coating, but I don't know for sure... maybe leads to some tighter fits).

I think my front cowling is a one-off QC; looks to be the metal plate in the cowling might be not glued at the right angle. Either that or the internal magnet in the head is off. I fixed it with a bit of rubber steel shims, closes off the gap without introducing a wobble. Good enough!

I'm not a fan of parts-formers either, but I have to tell you, I really like this one a lot. Compared to my other similar-sized ride-armors (I have three CMs MOSPEADA toys, same scale as this), I love this one. It holds poses, I transform it regularly, as opposed to just finding one pose that vaguely works and leaving it there, and, inspite of being a parts-former, this one is actually FUN to transform.

Do agree that the joints are (thus far) sturdy, though one feet is a little too tight for my liking. I don't agree about it being fun to transform though, as the thin joints is particularly worrisome. Still, a good toy, especially if you take care and is willing to tinker a bit with it.

Do agree that the joints are (thus far) sturdy, though one feet is a little too tight for my liking. I don't agree about it being fun to transform though, as the thin joints is particularly worrisome. Still, a good toy, especially if you take care and is willing to tinker a bit with it.

You're not the first person to mention that, but, somehow, I've had no concern with mine with thin joints or anything of that nature.

Plus, I've had such good experiences with Yamato's customer service (on my Megazone 23 Garlands), that I guess I kind of know there's always that as a fallback (I know, I know, better not to NEED a fallback in the first place...).

I guess my definition of fun during transformation may be different than most. People complain about the Beagle MOSPEADA taking 45 minutes to an hour to transform. First of all, it usually takes me about 5-10, and second of all, I actuall think it's fun. Not so the CMs, which I get no enjoyment out of at all.

If parts don't line up right, are EXTREMELY fidgety, or I'm constantly worried about breaking them, then I have no fun transforming it. My metallic Priss, which is admittedly the only Motoslave I own and may just be a lucky example, doesn't give me any of those concerns.

thanks ravenhawk!!! :D:D:D

Ok, all ready to upload.

This is all either stuff that I think you might find interesting, or stuff that I really wish they'd make toys of.

Some of it is from other spots in this thread, some of it is from other sources.

They're going to be in batches.

Batch 1: Toys: 1 of 3

post-7028-1238177256_thumb.jpg

post-7028-1238177282_thumb.jpg

post-7028-1238177293_thumb.jpg

post-7028-1238177311_thumb.jpg