Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

maybe the ideas he was talking about were: perfect 1st release and release with accessories? :lol:

The amount of brain power that would take a Yamato marketer......astounding! :lol:

hope that review pops up soon as well. it looks great but i think this time i'm gonna wait and see what the whole story is on how well the qc has been addressed.

Woo Hoo!!!! I was able to sell something on Ebay for a resonable price, so I promptly placed an order for the SV-51!!! unfortunately I lost my early-bird price that I originally had but at least I'm still getting it now!! :D

Chris

I think what s001 was implying is that the wing pinning and landing gear of the SV-51 will be similar to on the YF-21. Imagine instead of locking tabs for the fuselage and wings having the locking pins. Also he may be implying that the landing gear twist when they fold into the wing root.

Wow Nice Pictures, I love the fighter mode probably the sleekest looking valkyrie ever. Even more so than the yf-21. But, IMHO Gerwalk and Battroid are ugly as sin. I've drawn stick figures that look better!

Has anyone seen a pic of the SV-51 box cover art?

Just curious ....

:ph34r:

Don't mean to quote myself, but you'd think there'd be box art somewhere ... with the release date coming up soon, no?

:huh:

Edited by Vermillion21

Fighter mode, is this things saving grace. I just gave in and pre-ordered. It really amazes me how much detail is on this thing compared with other Yamato offerings. maybe it's the black color thats pulling out the details.

Just spoke to my retailer, from what i understand the 1/60 SV-51 was delayed due to some packaging issues thus leading to the whole consignment being recalled. Hopefully, thats the only problem we would be seeing from the SV-51. :blink::ph34r:

Edited by recon

Does anyone think we'll get to see the Cannon Fodder release? I think it's a no brainer.

BTW, they SHOULD have the big ass Fuel Bomb that they bomb the island with.

I'd pay a little extra to get the CF with FPacks and Fuel Bomb. :D

Just spoke to my retailer, from what i understand the 1/60 SV-51 was delayed due to some packaging issues thus leading to the whole consignment being recalled. Hopefully, thats the only problem we would be seeing from the SV-51. :blink::ph34r:

Hmm.... Hope they didn't have to re-pull out all the packaged SV-51's after packing them for the original release. >_<

Surely not! :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Guess that's why there's no box art pics yet ....

:ph34r:

Packaging issues? I'd bet it has to do with the little fin and canard spikes like on the VF-0. Haven't they learned yet all you have to do is fold them down? Yeesh---quit trying to so hard to have them "correctly" transformed into fighter mode in the box. We'd rather have ones that don't have parts broken off. And they could use smaller boxes, too.

How do you know there weren't many many more QC issues they address before a release (like previous releases) without us even knowing? do de de doo do de de dooooooooo

*looks at my VF-0* that's a sobering thought. a scary sobering thought.

Is anyone else annoyed by the air-intakes? Those huge blank vertical areas which look like they make up 3/4 of the entire vehicle's drag? Ruined what is otherwise near perfection for fighter mode.

I think they could have dressed them up a little more(like they did with the 19), but when you look at the how little space is available in that area to fit alot of mechanics, I can't really say it's a huge issue to me. It probably would look alot better by simply changing the intake color to a grey instead of white. The white just draws your eye way too much.

There were a few different load outs. They are:

1) 2 Micro Missle/fuel pods on outboard weapon station on wings(1 per wing) + Gunpod.....this was the standard load out that was most commonly seen.

2) same as #1 + anti ship missile on middle weapon station on both wings and then external fuel tanks on in board station of both wings. (seen in episode 3 during the attack on the Asuka

3) Fuel Air bomb. Only weapon carried. Seen in Episode 4

4) #1 + the anti ship missile on middle weapon station on each wing and then another micro missile/fuel pod on inboard staion on each wing, and booster rockets on the top of the wings. Episode 5 final battle.

The yamato toy can do #'s 1 and 4 but does not come with the fuel air bomb or the plain old external fuel tanks. The Hasegawa kit does come with the tanks so with the Hasegawa you can do #'s 1 and 2.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

The Fuel bomb is almost as large as a Fold Booster. lol I hope they bring it out in a separate pack, or minus some

pods that come with the 1st releases and give the replacing Fuel Air Bomb to the Cannon Fodder SV-51's.

Otherwise i'd not worry about buying the CF SV-51 if they only brought it out with the same features as Nora's and Ivanov's..

They still should have the Fast Pack pods too of course.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie