Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

I'd say make option 2 but also inclued the fuel air bomb. Let it be unique. Plus I think the 51 looks silly with the boosters attached. I'll more than likely not be using mine on Ivanov's

Chris

Edited by Dobber

One slightly annoying thing is that because the Sv-51 uses several modern Russian weapons, a lot of them are available in 1/72 scale---but in 1/60 scale there's nothing, as that's not a modeling scale. I'll have to go watch again, but I believe the anti-ship missile was your standard Kh-31 Moskit. (which is a just plain cool-looking missile)

Well that's interesting! Thanks David. Just supports my curiosity of the Anti-UN being kind of european based. :p

Asuka II aircraft carrier.... was that US? or something made entirley up for the show?

I always linked UN Spacy with Japanese origins mostly... but that's just me.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Here's a thought... how heavy is the display stand?

I'm coming to the conclusion that these stands (in a way) represent the vertical launchers that they used to launch the

SV-51's from the Anti-UN's submersible carrier. Cool!

I guess with the YF-21 coming up it will just get the holder tab for the normal UN-Spacy Launcher Arm....

Thoughts?

Screamman i can agree and be happy with a separate pack for the Fuel Air bomb with other ordnance pack. :)

Atleast then we can buy it just for Nora and Ivanov then. :D

Asuka II was made-up, but Shin's Illustri looked pretty much like a Nimitz class. Will have to watch it again. (There's a lot of things I have to look for on the next viewing)

Cool thanks David. That helps my fan fic filled mind then. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'd be willing to pony up for a seperate pack of F.A.B. and fuel pods, but for so few items it would have to be priced alot lower for me to buy it.

Is anyone else annoyed by the air-intakes? Those huge blank vertical areas which look like they make up 3/4 of the entire vehicle's drag? Ruined what is otherwise near perfection for fighter mode.

That subject was broached fairly early in this thread. The informed consensus is that the bluff surface is unavoidable in toy form, though darker coloring would surely mitigate that. When all is said and done, it is what it is. Looks like it would be easy to mod/repaint.

I was watching Mac 0 again just now and I saw something that I'm not sure has been discussed yet. In ep 3 at about 19 min 30 seconds in, Ivanov "holsters" his gun onto the left leg of his SV-51 (just befor he breaks into the hanger bay). It was quick, but definatly happens. Do we have a clue if the toy will be able to do the same?

Sorry if this has been discussed already, I didn't see it but doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I was watching Mac 0 again just now and I saw something that I'm not sure has been discussed yet. In ep 3 at about 19 min 30 seconds in, Ivanov "holsters" his gun onto the left leg of his SV-51 (just befor he breaks into the hanger bay). It was quick, but definatly happens. Do we have a clue if the toy will be able to do the same?

Sorry if this has been discussed already, I didn't see it but doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I *think* it's going to be able to. The legs already have the slots and magnets to store the gunclips, so I think we should be able to stick the gun there as well.

Due to the Sv-51's "180 twist" in the leg transformation---holstering the gun on the outside of the left leg is actually the same spot it's in when it's in fighter mode. I think.

in gerwalk, the holster is in the inside of the leg, and in battroid, it's on the outside. so as long as the magnet is strong enough, shouldn't be an issue.

Magnets are the way of the future dante. ;) In fact the next Yamato releases will hold together exclusively by magnets! No more screws!

:lol: Just joking with everything after the winky smiley. :)

well, if they're shipping from japan, doesn't that mean they've hit the streets now? Should free up graham in releasing his review!

Hope so.

:rolleyes:

Graham? Heeeellllllooooo???? Are you out there??? Review, please?

:lol:

Edited by Vermillion21

This is an elaborately stupid question to be asking on this board...but...

I just got an unforeseeen large sum of money and am trying to decide what to purchase... my options:

1) BBTS (bigbadtoystore.com) has just put up pre-orders for tons of Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo MISB toys they found in some wharhouse... I can have tons of japanese BW toys...well...19 to be sure...

or

2) The Gumma ivanov - and possibly Shin's VFOS.

What should I buy?

Here's my thinking: I am constantly distressed - not dissapointed - but distressed - by Macross toys from Yamato. They are really beautiful - but they just cost so much and effectively I'm scared to do much of anything with them...

although I do want to have a solid enough collection to finally split my forces and have them go to war with eachother :)

I dunno...

Usually I wouldn't be able to afford the Gumma, what with me having just gotten back from vacation... but maybe this money dropped from the skies for a reason?

VFTF1

1) BBTS (bigbadtoystore.com) has just put up pre-orders for tons of Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo MISB toys they found in some wharhouse... I can have tons of japanese BW toys...well...19 to be sure...

or

2) The Gumma ivanov - and possibly Shin's VFOS.

Buy the one you like the most out of the 2 options you have despite the price :p

QUOTE(Ignacio Ocamica @ Aug 6 2007, 03:12 PM) *

Buy the SV-51 happy.gif

And be warned that soon your wallet will hate you.

...If not your wife.

tongue.gif

Well - my wife has already bought me reissue God Ginrai and the reissue BW Convoy vs Megatron takara set - so she gets no grief from me :)

I ended up preordering the gumma.

I figure I'd be sorry for letting it pass me by otherwise...

VFTF1

Edited by VFTF1

My wife recently told me her favorite Transformer/robot toy that I have is....

Cybertron GTS Ransack....er....

hm...

I have all the Masterpieces, HBS Convoy, the Alternators, Binaltechs...1/60 YF19....God Ginrai..G1 Predaking...

and she likes BASIC PRICE POINT GTS RANSACK the best!?! :) :) :) :) :)

Sure am glad SHE isn't in charge of a major toy production company :)

VFTF1

End of August is correct at the moment. Yamato is being extra careful to work out all the bugs, hence the delay.

So no, the toys have not shipped yet.

Graham

Tam LIED TO ME!!! LIED!!!! :lol: oh well. Thanks for the update. B))