Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

Waddya know, it can stand alone just fine....

Alright, I was the same dick who said we were way too hyped about the YF-19 when we never saw it standing on its own or posed dramatically in any way. In the end I was wrong (although it still leaves a bit to be desired) and I was happy to be that way. In the same token, I'm going to urge caution in everyone's expectation of having this thing stand in their display cases. One picture in a magazine does not make a guarantee. Patience... In the meantime, even if it does need to be propped, I think it's purty.

Edited by jenius

Um, before you all start jacking off at the purty picture, just check out the latest VFOs replacement arm developement post by odr78 on page 9 for a little reality check, please.

Where is this thread you speak of?

Posted by Beware of Blast

Um, before you all start jacking off at the purty picture, just check out the latest VFOs replacement arm developement post by odr78 on page 9 for a little reality check, please.

Yep. I did.

*wipes off the ice cold water from face* :p

Still, I cannot help but admire the SV-51. It seriously looks good. It would be such a shame that a great looking toy like this would have problems galore once out in the market. I am hoping that this one turns out great or at least with issues resolved (if any) before the Nora version comes out.

Where is this thread you speak of?

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...2261&st=160

so far, it's just stress marks, not the cracks or chipping like the ABS shoulders. but not a good sign. Then again, I don't see anyone lighting the torches over Takara and the stress mark fest that is MP SS. There's just a lot of bad blood built up against yamato here. I have to say, though, yamato really isn't helping the situation.

Edited by eugimon

Thank you for the pictures Graham. I too really like how it looks......particularly in the Launch position.

Still not sure what to do though, especially after the New shoulder fiasco....but I'm a dumbass and I'll probably still get the 51........Bad Dobber....BAD DOBBER.

Chris

Thank you for the pictures Graham. I too really like how it looks......particularly in the Launch position.

Still not sure what to do though, especially after the New shoulder fiasco....but I'm a dumbass and I'll probably still get the 51........Bad Dobber....BAD DOBBER.

Chris

I'm with you. At this point my head is so far down in the sand that it's getting hard to breathe.

Like I stated many times before, I put my toys in a pose in my display case and almost never touch them again. As long as they can hold a pose and don't fall apart while doing it, I'm not worried.

*knocks on wood*

I'm liking the detail on the cockpit. This time u actually see the ejector handles....or whatever you call those yellow/black stripe bars on top of the cockpit.

Alright, I was the same dick who said we were way too hyped about the YF-19 when we never saw it standing on its own or posed dramatically in any way. In the end I was wrong (although it still leaves a bit to be desired) and I was happy to be that way. In the same token, I'm going to urge caution in everyone's expectation of having this thing stand in their display cases. One picture in a magazine does not make a guarantee. Patience... In the meantime, even if it does need to be propped, I think it's purty.

:rolleyes: Whatever you say. I just said that I noticed that it could stand alone.

So beautiful.

I am a Transformers collector who has recently been picking up Yamato VFs. I will definitely be getting the Nora, and depending upon what iI read here, I may grab the Ivanov as well.

I have a VF-1J Super/Strike Stealth, and just got the 1/60 YF-19 last week. I plan on getting the SHin VF-0A I curse you bastards for further aggravating my transforming robot habit. :)

Edited by GogDog

Yes, Tampo printing of all emblems and numbers should be done, and would be awesome. Another thing I'd like them to do is mold the canopy in transparent golden orange plastic to mimic what we see in the animation... or include the "tinted" canopy to allow the buyer to choose which to use, like they did with the extra canards on the YF-19.

Looking at the scans provided by Graham, those numbers and emblems are tampo printed. If they were stickers, the edges would be visible. These emblems are not positioned over seperating parts, like the kite was on the YF-19, so tampo printing should not be a problem IMO.

Another thing I'd like them to do is mold the canopy in transparent golden orange plastic to mimic what we see in the animation... or include the "tinted" canopy to allow the buyer to choose which to use, like they did with the extra canards on the YF-19.

I totally agree. A gold canopy would enhance the overall look of F and G mode so much. I really hope they do it, but I've got a feeling they won't. Maybe on the Nora release though.

Looking good. But yep as much as I love the beauty of these pics I will await reviews. Come on yamato, better QC and testing. Treat it like they are masterpieces that must be built to last forever.

Love that telescoping head gimmick. And the folded bat wings pose for fighter looks cool. Please don't let ivanov be the one with the early durability issues! :p I like his scheme much better.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I challenge all your photosshoppers to "dream up" how the new SV-51 box art will look like. :lol:

OK here are two mock ups. You will all probably think they are crappy but art is subjective! I like the simple one more myself. I am sure there are more skilled designers on here that could do better. But here goes...

[attachmentid=43280]

[attachmentid=43281]

post-4840-1182964808_thumb.jpg

post-4840-1182964893_thumb.jpg

That definately looks better than any yammie box that will be coming out.

I'm guessing the final release will show the ivanov skull area if we're going by previous m0 releases.

For som reason, I cannot see any of the posted attachments. Were these the scans?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/Gra...sv51_hj0807.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/Gra...sv51_mg0807.jpg

I need to see the pics!!

**EDIT** Disregard, just looked at the Main Site...... :blink:

Edited by GRAND CANNON

It looks nice but I'll be waiting a long time before I pick this one up. Way too many tiny parts for Yamato to get it right the first time.

QFT

I completely agree ... I'm gonna wait on the reviews from those of you who purchase the initial release.

B))