The 2nd coming of the YF-19, Part 2

David Hingtgen

Ohh baby, this just wipes the floor with everything doesn't.

Just imagine what the YF-21 is gonna be like.... drool.

Finances will only allow me to get one. Displayed in Battroid mode.

The YF-21 will be in fighter mode when it comes! :p

What about the VF-11? Not sure what mode i will display it in.

50/50 Batts or Fights. :D Joyous decisions!!! :D^_^

great pics! I love all the gimmicks too. I might be giving the detail under the head cover a light dry brush with gunmetal paint. It looks like plain gray plastic color in the pic.

very cool.

Whats the arrow pointing out on the leg? Bottom right corner of the second image; one arrow is the speration int he middle of the leg...whats the other pointing up?

I like the way the cockpit opens...

Head cover romoval is interesting. I neither love it nor hate it.

want one NOW!

Incidentally; is that ghost booster painted on that 0? Still look kinda plain, but with a bit more detail than the protos showed.

Looks GREAT! But I'll wait for a second release. The chuck full of accessories SOC Gunbuster and Bandai's better QC have won my money this time.

The tailfins slide up and down to let the valk stand up in battroid? Didn’t know that feature.

Edited by Twoducks

Whats the arrow pointing out on the leg? Bottom right corner of the second image; one arrow is the speration int he middle of the leg...whats the other pointing up?

One arrow is pointing to the sliding tail fin function. The tail fins slide up the back of the rear lower leg, so that they do not drag on the ground in battroid and Gerwalk mode.

The other arrow appears to be pointing to the two grey locking tabs, that lock into the shoulders in fighter mode.

Graham

Graham, can you confirm or not whether the pics in the magazine photos are of a production run or is it still the resin prototype?

Please, I would like to know if this is the final color(s) as well... I hope that it is as I'm happy they left in the grey and decided not to go with bluish tint from the anime.

I'll take your word for it that the elbow joints aren't as fragile as they look, Graham, but if this is a near production ABS testshot, i'm disappointed with the gap which still exists between the nose cone and the top of the chest. Was hoping they'd fix this in the production version. :(

Thanks for the scans, Graham! Hopefully my comic store will get the issue of Hobby Japan for me.

Hard to believe it was 6 years ago this month when I got my two original Yamato YF-19's. Can't wait for this incarnation! :)

Beautiful. I think this is going to be a strong contender for Toy of the Year. Probably a 3-way race with YF-19, Starscream, and SOC Gunbuster. Maybe DMZ-02 Strikedog as well.

The elbows look nice and thick to me. The elbows on the old YF-19 always bugged me a little, glad they updated them.

HOLY. SHIET. :o

Thanks for the pics Graham!

Wow, this is what I get for sleeping early last night...

missed two pages of this shiet! :lol:

Damn this looks awesome. I'm jumping up and down that they stuck with the black canopy lining.

...and dayam, they actually went in and painted the opened edges too, which they didnt do for previous valks.

I'm so glad they stuck with the bluish grey rather than a blue... I'm so happy~~~ sniff sniff**

The extra features are all welcome.... I'm pretty good with not losing removeable stuff so it's great, however I do think a couple people here will wail when their 19's visor falls off into the abyss. :D

The twisting elbow is genius, as is how they handled the canards for battroid transformation.

The place where the hips join in fighter! The mechanical detail! That's nice!

Everything looks good.

Concerns I have:

-I hope the macross kite is tampoed on because I dont know how they expect us to put a sticker on a place that opens up for tranformation.

-The elbow, although ingenious, looks like a possible QC issue waiting to happen.

-So many parts that separate, (which is more to do with kawamori) I fear there might be gaps and more chances of loose joints a lot people here despise. I hope for the sake of improving the image of their first runs, they tighten every bloody joint like a rusted tin man... make people work out for a different pose!

Edited by Nani?!

Holy crapolas! :o

Me needs one! Needs it now! Gah! Must wait! Must wait!

My god, so awesome! Thank you for the pics Graham!

I think everyone else has said all the positive stuff. Wow!

Wowee wow wow wow! Boy! :D