The 2nd coming of the YF-19, Part 2

David Hingtgen

I think this has got to be one of the most painful waits I've had to endure... all for a friggin toy.

puahaha... :lol::mellow::(

I still think it'll be in my hands in time for christmas... I think yamato is banking on this toy as THE centerpiece of their christmas lineup...

More than worry about it being delayed I'm worried if they push them out too fast with double left shoulders to boot.

Oh well, I'm gettin me an ED-209 in the mean time so that'll alleviate the pain somewhat...

I think this has got to be one of the most painful waits I've had to endure... all for a friggin toy.

puahaha... :lol::mellow::(

I still think it'll be in my hands in time for christmas... I think yamato is banking on this toy as THE centerpiece of their christmas lineup...

More than worry about it being delayed I'm worried if they push them out too fast with double left shoulders to boot.

Oh well, I'm gettin me an ED-209 in the mean time so that'll alleviate the pain somewhat...

And the Ed-209 is a cool fill in buy for sure too! Man i remember Ed goin off at Robo ages back in no. 1 & 2.

What a foe/villan! CLASSIC! : Unfortunately it's too expensive.

Half of Yamato's VF-1's are non-canon repaints, do you really think they wouldn't make the best-known canon repaint? We'll probably also get low-vis, stealth, and Roy VF-19's...

Half? I'd hardly call 3 out of 13 half ;) I do, however, agree that we will probably see a 19A repaint, it'd just be too easy

i am glad for some recolors i guess we will most likley see the game edition as well at some point? i am more interested in the normal color scheme, but would not mind seeing this one either.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Glad my tax return will have time to come about before I can get one of these. Lol

By the way, what's the normal time it takes Yamato to bring up a second run?

Only a couple of months, right? After all these years I can wait for a second run to weed out (if there are any) QC issues.

I'm not a fan of the baby blue color scheme for the 19a... I hope yamato decides to do some other interesting schemes... though, I dunno know if I could pick up repaints at the price they're asking.

yep... the game version reminds me of those bootleg cartoon character t-shirts I got as a kid with funky coloring...

Was the YF-19 adopted as the mainline variable fighter AS IS or are the Blazer and Fire Valkyries the production versions of the YF-19 that actually went into active service? Didn't really get to watch anything beyond Macross Plus, so I was wondering if non-canon repaints for the then experimental YF-19 would make sense.

The YF-19 was accepted as-is for the VF-19A, then heavily redesigned for the later VF-19F and VF-19S. Kind of like how the F-18A/B/C/D Hornet had about 90% of its structure changed to become the F-18E/F Super Hornet. Same basic name and designation, but actually only "looks similar" and doesn't share many parts.

ouww...that looks..stealthy...

I wont worry too much about the variations...we all know Yamato will milk the molds..YF-19 is a perfect candidate to bring up crazy ideas on valk variations...anyone wants camo low vis II YF-19? :D

I know I'm in the minority, but I would absolutely HAVE to have a VF-19S if one was made. I don't think it's likely since Bandai still holds the Macross 7 license, if I'm not mistaken... <_<

Nope. They don't. Its open season now.

When did it expire? I thought no one would comment on the agreement terms ... kind of like Microsoft and the OEM's.

A VF-19S or any of the variants other than the "A" would require a complete new mold to do it as so much of the frame is completely different (like David Hingtgen said above) ... I don't know that M7 had a big enough fan base or visibility to justify that kind of investment for Yamato to take a risk on. Then again, they made the freakin' Konig Monster, so who knows?

For the record, I'd be all over it if they made it. I just wouldn't recommend anyone held their breath over it, though.

When did it expire? I thought no one would comment on the agreement terms ... kind of like Microsoft and the OEM's.

A VF-19S or any of the variants other than the "A" would require a complete new mold to do it as so much of the frame is completely different (like David Hingtgen said above) ... I don't know that M7 had a big enough fan base or visibility to justify that kind of investment for Yamato to take a risk on. Then again, they made the freakin' Konig Monster, so who knows?

For the record, I'd be all over it if they made it. I just wouldn't recommend anyone held their breath over it, though.

You could add the Q-Rau as well, that's something they made that doesn't give very many returns.

That Stealth doesn't do much for me, I'm wondering what it would look like though.

Say, it's kinda been a long time without any news....

Edited by kensei

<Sarcasm mode on> Dammit, Repiv_Onex, don't tease us like that!! :p <sarcasm mode off>

Personally, I'd like the shield to be a darker shade of grey. (To be more in line with the color-scheme of the rest of the plane.) But that's just me.

Now, if they do stealth or black scheme on the YF-21....... :huh::blink:

.....I know, I know: I'm putting the cart before the horse.