The 2nd coming of the YF-19, Part 2

David Hingtgen

With the anime correct two piece canopy, how long before a two seat conversion kit is made?

The shots with the fast packs and fold booster look great. That is a mean looking aircraft.

Love the 0 and ghost added in for another future glimpse.

Consider if we pooled all the money collectively spend on Macross; could buy a small country.

Concerns I have:

-I hope the macross kite is tampoed on because I dont know how they expect us to put a sticker on a place that opens up for tranformation.

but I hope they don't do that unless they can make sure the position can 100% ACCURATE ... put sticker by user , just one cut to make it seperate, not a difficult job :p

Hot DAMN! She looks sexy!!! I so can't wait for this baby!!! I too would like to know if the uped the Tampo on this sucker and also hope for better QC this time around.

Chris

Wow, this toy looks better and better.

I remember being so angry at Yamato for releasing the first version of the YF-19 in 2000 which was indeed a pice of junk. I was so dissapointed for not using computer technology to make a perfect YF-19. Now, after long 6 years, Yamato is delivering a truly remastered YF-19. Was it worth the wait?... you bet.

YESSSS!!!

I'm so excited.... great looking pics.

G-man, I'm gonna echo Kensei's question...do you know how articulated the wings are on the hips? The way they flare out in the anime is one of the YF-19's big expressive features, much like the shoulders, and I'd really like to be able to pose them a bit like you cna on the 1/72 Yammie...

Hip joints are very sturdy. Twin left & right solid metal bars, so no worries.

Also, just to preempt any concerns, the rotating canards are not made of ABS, but of POM or some other type of tough plastic and are much sturdier than they look.

The special elbow joint is to allow the correct positioning of the arms in fighter mode.

Graham

Are the special elbow joints made out of POM as well?

Am i the only one bothered by the gap in the chest? Graham's mentioned before that this will be fixed in the final version, but if this is the near production test shot, i'm kinda worried. The chest gap really ruins battroid mode for me.

I think that gap is there to stay... if you look at the two pieces, the nose piece curves down, while the top of the chest curves up making up part of the spine in fighter mode... it's kind of irksome but not a deal breaker for me.

I'll take your word for it that the elbow joints aren't as fragile as they look, Graham, but if this is a near production ABS testshot, i'm disappointed with the gap which still exists between the nose cone and the top of the chest. Was hoping they'd fix this in the production version. :(

What gap? If you mean in battroid mode, there is no gap, just magazine photographers who can't transform the toy correctly for photo shoots. :D

Graham

Wow, this toy looks better and better.

I remember being so angry at Yamato for releasing the first version of the YF-19 in 2000 which was indeed a pice of junk. I was so dissapointed for not using computer technology to make a perfect YF-19. Now, after long 6 years, Yamato is delivering a truly remastered YF-19. Was it worth the wait?... you bet.

You can say that again Erick, truly a masterpiece work of art. Btw would you be doing stickers for this baby as well as VF0A? im sure they would do well with some awesome stickers

Some concerns of mine:

Removable head piece: Hope that is a locking mechanism to hold it in place

Gaps near the fuselage area and chest piece

Looseness of shoulder and elbow joints

Lastly hopefully yamato would reconsider tempoing the kite logo on the fuselage area

Cheers

Look at the pictures in battroid, you can see that the wings can be posed ;)

Doesn't answer our question. I see no evidence of it being able to flare out like the VF-19 Kai when it is charging up it's Sound Booster.

Edited by kensei

What gap? If you mean in battroid mode, there is no gap, just magazine photographers who can't transform the toy correctly for photo shoots. :D

Graham

I really hope so cause every photo of battroid mode so far shows this gap. Even the official yamato pics.

IPB Image

It's perfect, I just hope the plane is solid quality control wise.

Thanks Graham for the pics! The front part of the cockpit seems to be pushing a separate black piece down so it can open properly. I remember there were 3 features that were still left to be found. With these new revelations did we get all of them? gunpod, head plate cover, movable tail fin..

BTW, good call on the head plate cover.

However I wish that the cockpit included the hologram emitter. At least that's what I think it is. It's that green stem protruding behind the pilot on the right side.

IPB Image

Here you don't have any...

IPB Image

I doubt this is that big of a deal to get worked up over on but I really like the cockpit of the YF-19..

Edited by Briareos

My money's on "The Yamato YF-19 lacks the green "thing" on the seat because the Hasegawa doesn't have it either". It's clear Yamato is using the Hase kit as THE reference whenever possible.

I know hologram/HUD emitter is the best guess--what was the final concensus from the big discussion we had about what that green thing was?

Ohh, another quick question! ! !

Does the seat rotate like the VF-0's. . .

I kinda fell in love with that gimmick, it just screams badass, ultimate attention to detail. . .

Hell even throw in a static figure to display standing near the fighter. . .

Edited by DARKWIND

Ahh well that's cool, I'm still buying it. . .

I just kinda thought that the bottom might open up then you rotate the seat. . .

I get the idea that not everyone might not like it but to me it would be kinda cool. . .

I mean think about it, the whole 360 cockpit view was just plain badass. . .

No matter which mode it was in he had a full virtual view of the battle field. . .