The 2nd coming of the YF-19, Part 2

David Hingtgen

[sings]On the first day of Christmas, Yamato sent to me

a YF-19 in a EMS box........[/sings]

Dun think a YF19 applies to you kensei...should multiple YF19 in a humongous EMS carton...haha

Would be getting one piece first..still quite skeptical abt the qst product versions..will get another piece if it was reissued sometime later

Btw graham, anyway of convicing yamato to do a super nova version with all the sponsors marking tempo..blue/white and orange/white..would love to have those.

Dun think a YF19 applies to you kensei...should multiple YF19 in a humongous EMS carton...haha

Would be getting one piece first..still quite skeptical abt the qst product versions..will get another piece if it was reissued sometime later

Btw graham, anyway of convicing yamato to do a super nova version with all the sponsors marking tempo..blue/white and orange/white..would love to have those.

Nope. Just one. I'll take the cautious route first, then get my 12.

Hi all, I'm new here. I have a question about the YF-19 toy. Is it all made out of plastic or some parts are diecast?

The toy looks great, I love the gear walk mode, I hope it's easy to pose. :)

Welcome to MW~

Yamato shifted from using mostly metal diecast to minute diecast parts in recent releases. They're usually the parts that are prone to breakage after multiple transformations.

Like the VF-1 and VF-0, this'll probably be almost 100% die-cast-free, except for high-stress parts like the hip bars (confirmed by Graham) and maybe something else internal. As it should be.

Wow...major typo lol.

Edited by promethuem5

Like the VF-1 and VF-0, this'll probably be almost 100% die-cast, except for high-stress parts like the hip bars (confirmed by Graham) and maybe something else internal. As it should be.

Err.. don't you mean almost 100% ABS?

Graham

And yes, except for hip bars, the yF-19 is pretty much all ABS, with a bit of POM thrown in.

Yamato don't like to use die-cast metal for extrernal body parts, as on transforming toys the paint chips too easily and you can never get a 100% color match with the ABS parts.

Graham

That's the best way to go about it. I like Yamato's direction with the diecast.

Graham, is the hips just snap away from the main body and that is how you allow movement in the hips?

oh man... i just finished watching the Macross Plus again (after 10 years)... it's just takes your breath away and brings you into the world that you wish you were there. I guess I was there and i was flying like a bird :p. Amazing story presented and still stands out strong.

So my point is. It's a good peace of art work that should be kept together with the macross that you've bought. Must have for all collector!

I was just wondering about the box-art i must have missed any pics Whats it going to look like?

Also I wish they'd just choose too use smaller boxes. They don't have to be big. The valks are gonna sell so why not make them smaller so that stores can put more on the shelves. and so I can fit more into my home. I wish they'd choose to use a thicker cardboard. its way too thin & flimsy.

edit:sp

Edited by Macross73

What you're suggesting sounds alot like the Masterpiece boxes. I think those boxes actually added $20 to the overall price.

I really like the packing for the Binaltechs.. small, protective, showcaseable and easily stackable. Plus not too much of those annoying twisties.!! I feel I would rather be rid of the damn twisties then wish for peace on Earth.

Another great idea is the Sigma Six design. They took the box and turned it into part of the toy's briefcase.

For some reason I'm okay with keeping the size as it is. If it was any larger or smaller, it would be harder to stack with the other Yamato boxes i have. Some ideas though.. Imagine if they made the box slightly out of plastic and you could turn it into a hanger for your YF-19. Complete with blow away doors. Or of course make a diorama of the runway with three figurines of Guld, Isamu and Myung. Armaments laid out in a showcase fashion.

Drew

I'd actually prefer the 19 in fighter.

I kinda gave up on yamato's box sizes now... if they had any inclination to shrink them they would have already.

Just get the QC right the first time around yamato...

yeah, considering how long we've waited and what this thing is going to cost... if this comes in around vf-0s quality, I think I would be mighty pissed.

I'd actually prefer the 19 in fighter.

I kinda gave up on yamato's box sizes now... if they had any inclination to shrink them they would have already.

Just get the QC right the first time around yamato...

True. I'd take QC over box size any day.

I just hope they don't half ass it this time.

The masterpiece ones are awesome and much smaller, I keep them on display in their boxes and never take them out. The yamato boxes are beautiful, but not the display peices the masterpiece ones are. Given their playability, I think I'm glad Yamatos beg to be taken out and masterpieces are the ones you want to keep in the box.

Edited by PDeMaio

The masterpiece ones are awesome and much smaller, I keep them on display in their boxes and never take them out. The yamato boxes are beautiful, but not the display peices the masterpiece ones are. Given their playability, I think I'm glad Yamatos beg to be taken out and masterpieces are the ones you want to keep in the box.

Buh? One second, you actually think the toynami masterpieces look better than yamato's 1/48s?