The 2nd coming of the YF-19, Part 2

David Hingtgen

Where'd all the ol' MW retailers go? We used to be able to find better deals on MW than by just surfin' the web from MW members in Hong Kong and thereabouts. Am I mistaken? I would have expected Seiichi, BlackAces, Samurai Monkey, and Neova to be trying to get our cash but I don't see a peep anywhere :( I'd rather go through one of them (uh, not so much Seiichi at the moment :) ) than HLJ.

Ah, I see on Neova's site that he's expecting the YF-19 to be in short supply. That might explain why more people aren't trying to make a buck off these. Sigh... Yamato is really killing us on the supply side and keeping the prices jacked way up. I guess I'll just be patient and keep playing with my vintage stuff. :(

I eventually went with BBTS last week, based mainly on their incredible customer service--if it's missing a piece etc, they'll fix it, and fast--mainly due to the sheer numbers they have. That's worth the extra $ they charge over most other places for the -19 considering Yamato QC. That, plus the fact that they are still accepting pre-orders this late. (Though their latest email this afternoon says there's not many left)

BBTS is just expensive for non US based customers. They've got great customer service but for the price I pay for shipping I'd get stuff faster if I buy straight from HK or HLJ. Only time I buy BBTS is when they're having clearance sales. HLJ has done right by me so far so I'll stick with them for some stuff.

I've got a good deal with my local store here in france :D

- With HLJ without customs taxes it'll be $200 (155 €). With customs taxes, about $250/260 (193.5/201.5 €)

- With my local store : about $235 (183.5 €) ...

I think it's a good deal 'cause i've bet that this time i'll not pass through customs :p

Release should be around the end of the first week of December.

Graham

I knew it. . . .

Just as I called it!!!

Come on guys I used to live there,

I've staked out TRU Japan for some MW members before (VF-1A Cannon Fodders). . .LOL

:rolleyes:

I was going to wait for the second release but I'm paranoid so I went ahead and ordered from BBTS. I usually buy from HK stores to save a few bucks but with Yamato QC being what it is I decided that a good replacement policy is worth the extra money. I've been very lucky with Yamato QC so far but I don't think my luck will hold forever and VF-0S was a bit too shoddy.

You know, as I write this I'm wondering if I should just hold for a v2 since the VF-0S was quite shoddy. These things cost a fortune so I expect much better QC.

The VF-0S being shoddy in its first release and the VF-0A being such an improvement is the only thing comforting me right now in my need to wait. Sigh, I guess my YF-19 purchase probably won't be until the end of next year considering Yamato still hasn't issued as second edition VF-0S and I've been waiting for that so I can finally purchase one.

I've had my samples long enough that I've got no excuse for not having the review ready yet.

As is unfortunately the case, the new jobs (working 2 to make ends meet at the moment) and family life are keeping my too busy of late.

However, I do realise the site hasn't been updated for seveal months (in fact since I changed job), and I do need to get off my arse and make time to to some updates.

I will be getting the review written in the next week and will try my best too woork through the huge backlog of updates I have sitting on my PC. I'm gong to aim for 1 update a week and hope that is a realistic goal.

Graham

I've had my samples long enough that I've got no excuse for not having the review ready yet.

As is unfortunately the case, the new jobs (working 2 to make ends meet at the moment) and family life are keeping my too busy of late.

However, I do realise the site hasn't been updated for seveal months (in fact since I changed job), and I do need to get off my arse and make time to to some updates.

I will be getting the review written in the next week and will try my best too woork through the huge backlog of updates I have sitting on my PC. I'm gong to aim for 1 update a week and hope that is a realistic goal.

Graham

How 'bout you start by updating your sig? ;) It's time to reveal a letter or ten

Samples? You mean Yamato gave away multiple sample YF-19's? Don't they cost money?

Graham

The leg FP's just look weird/wrong. They're supposed to be smooth and curved, and under the wings. Not wrapping around behind and even partially above them, requiring the legs to be part-transformed like a VF-1. They're missing the entire essence of the YF-19's "simple" under-the-wings leg armor.

And while I've clamored for a fold booster more than most people--that's not nearly detailed/nice enough to justify the zillion dollars we all know it'll cost. And it doesn't attach in the right places either. It's a lump of green plastic. Maybe if it lights up... It'd be easy to do "psychadelic color change" too---you can go to any store and get a cheap LED penlight that does that.