The 2nd coming of the YF-19, Part 2

David Hingtgen

I'm sorry if this has been answered already, but will a FP special set come bundled with the YF-19 during its release next year (ala VF-1J FP set)? Maybe even a Toysrus version? If it is I think that would be cheaper for me to buy here in Tokyo than the two separately. Also there is not much space left in my room as it is.

As far as I know, no. At the momet, the plan is to sell the FP/FB set by itself, not bundled with the 19.

Of course, the toy biz is highly changable and what a company announces one week, may change by the next., so never say never.

All I can say is as of this moment, a bundle is not planned.

Graham

Another ugly box for this beautiful toy. With the huge box, you can make a wonderful artwork to attract more buyers and collectors. For the cost of this toy, at least we want a decent box to display too.

Someone at the the art department should advise Yamato to hire Hidetaka Tenjin as Hasegawa did.

This may be a stupid question, but why are alot of people asking if there's a bundled YF-19 with fold booster and if there will be a VF-0 with ghost booster etc.

Does it matter if there will be a bundle? You'll still get the toy if you buy it seperately and knowing yamato, even if there is a bundle, it will be the same price as buying 2 seperate pieces. So why are you guys wanting them bundles?

The two pieces are spare cannards made of ABS plastic.

The cannards on the toy are made of POM plastic. POM is actually more durable than ABS, but cannot be painted easily.

Yamato decided to include two spare cannards made of ABS, for customisers who want to paint the toy in a custom paint scheme, as ABS can be painted much more easily.

The different cannard material has nothing to do with durability.

I've had a preproduction sample for nearly 2 months and production samples for about 2 weeks and have transformed them many times. The POM cannards are very durable.

Graham

I can't believe you've had the goodness for so long.. :cry:

I really agree that the boxart for the YF19 deserves better artwork..something seen on that of the hasegawa ver..oh well nevertheless its still a sought after item which involves breakthrough design and engineering to produce such a beautiful masterpiece.

Btw graham, just a question..how are the joints especially the knees/legs/elbows/shoulders, canards and other transforming parts holding up? I guess everyone would feel some sort of worried abt floppiness in the joints or weak parts.

PS: hope you are still prodding yamato to do the super nova schemes for the YF-19..best if the sponsored markings are tempo on. Tks

Edited by recon

This may be a stupid question, but why are alot of people asking if there's a bundled YF-19 with fold booster and if there will be a VF-0 with ghost booster etc.

Does it matter if there will be a bundle? You'll still get the toy if you buy it seperately and knowing yamato, even if there is a bundle, it will be the same price as buying 2 seperate pieces. So why are you guys wanting them bundles?

For one thing, two Yamato boxes are bigger than one Yamato bundle (at least that is what I saw with the VF-1J set). You have to imagine to live in a room as small as me.

Next, the price might be cheaper. At least in some stores in japan, were the retail price means absolutely nothing to them.

And finally, there might be fixed and tweaks with a later release.

Also, with the girlfriend, you can pass a bundle as 1 buy instead of two...less explanation to do.

Next, the price might be cheaper. At least in some stores in japan, were the retail price means absolutely nothing to them.

The price is definitely cheaper for folks like me. What are other people going to do? You buy the YF-19 now and pay $30 to ship it to you. You buy the Fast Pack later and pay $20 to ship it to you. I buy the giftset later and save $15 on the MSRP of both items packaged separately and have one item shipped to me for $40. Add to that the benefit of a giftset taking up less space in the closet and the potential regularizing of the pricing (some people are paying $150, some people are paying $200, at some point we're all going to know a reasonable price to pay for these things).

I'd say the box should give some hope for the future to all. A tri-colored scheme, creme, red, and dark blue. Hmm Creme is the YF-19, Dark Blue is the YF-21, and Red *drum roll* the ghost X-9. I think this shows that Yamato plans to release the three advanced fighters from Macross Plus, and use that box as unifying identifier, like they did with the DYRL VF-1 boxes. Though I doubt that the X-9 would require such a large box, and it does but in some doubt about a VF-11.

I'd say the box should give some hope for the future to all. A tri-colored scheme, creme, red, and dark blue. Hmm Creme is the YF-19, Dark Blue is the YF-21, and Red *drum roll* the ghost X-9. I think this shows that Yamato plans to release the three advanced fighters from Macross Plus, and use that box as unifying identifier, like they did with the DYRL VF-1 boxes. Though I doubt that the X-9 would require such a large box, and it does but in some doubt about a VF-11.

interesting idea... I have no interest in the ghost though.

I decided to wait for a second release, but my girlfreind is going to NY this weekend and she just might finds a 19, so I could use that review right now.

By the way, Graham: Can you tell us if the FP/FB will come together? They're not that big and IMHO it would be silly to pack them separately.

i live in NYC and i doubt you'll find it other than at image-anime and they ain't got the best prices. you'll be looking at $200 or higher, plus 8.67% sales tax...even if you pay in cash.

if you're gonna pay that much, i'd go with BBTS, you'll get better CS from joel than those dudes.

the FP/FB will come together.

the box art is okay, but i don't buy these toys for the boxes so i could careless. it would be nice if they just went back to the calssy looking black boxes but my guess is these are more eye catching on store shelves.

i live in NYC and i doubt you'll find it other than at image-anime and they ain't got the best prices. you'll be looking at $200 or higher, plus 8.67% sales tax...even if you pay in cash.

if you're gonna pay that much, i'd go with BBTS, you'll get better CS from joel than those dudes.

the FP/FB will come together.

the box art is okay, but i don't buy these toys for the boxes so i could careless. it would be nice if they just went back to the calssy looking black boxes but my guess is these are more eye catching on store shelves.

Hahaha, I've just PM'd you about that. Somebody here told me you were based in NY and I thought you had a store, I'm an idiot. Anyway, thanks for the advice dude, I appreciate it. :)

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

It's beige, red, and black, which are the colors the yf-19 sports, not dark blue. It does have the glossy effect which I think is where you thought it was dark blue but it's black.

BBTS has theirs for 199 and Imageanime has theirs for 190.. It'll round off almost the same with shipping. And they wont tax you if your not a NY resident.

And I disagree.. Image anime has excellent customer service. I've had things refunded and replaced with no problems.

So without putting anyone one down, its just a question of how to obtain things cheaper...

BBTS has theirs for 199 and Imageanime has theirs for 190.. It'll round off almost the same with shipping. And they wont tax you if your not a NY resident.

And I disagree.. Image anime has excellent customer service. I've had things refunded and replaced with no problems.

So without putting anyone one down, its just a question of how to obtain things cheaper...

they will tax you if you walk in there to buy something, you're talking about buying from them online which lonely soldier boy is trying to avoid.

i wouldn't know about image-anime CS as i've never actually bought anything from them but i know theres been a few complaints about them here in the past. while BBTS has received nothing but positive praise from anyone and everyone who's ever bought from them. IA like BBTS ain't winning any price wars but hey what do i care?, i buy my stuff direct from HK cause its a hellva a lot cheaper. :D

getting back on topic....

i'm really gald yamato went the extra mile with the QC and tight joint issues. hopefully it'll be 1/48 tight and not 1/60 tight.