The 2nd coming of the YF-19, Part 2

David Hingtgen

No the Fold Booster comes with the FP's. And Now it seems that the whole set will be packagaed with a modified 19 to have the second seat...

an extra pilot figure, 2 leg armors, and a green dildo....pass, pass, and pass.

i think i'll just keep my 19 as a 1 seater, FP-less, and dildo free, thank you very much. :D

what kills me is, you know they're going to package it in some giant arse box for no reason, so even if the MSRP is inexpensive, they'll make up for it in postage. :rolleyes:

No the Fold Booster comes with the FP's. And Now it seems that the whole set will be packagaed with a modified 19 to have the second seat...

Why are we assuming that 19 is modified in any way? I kinda doubt it. I think that's the original YF-19 and it had room for Neumann all along. Graham... am I wrong?

Well, I sent off my 25% deposit on the YF-19...now to sit back and wait for it to be ready to ship. :)

Please, oh PLEASE have everything tight like it should be and get it right the first time....

Yeah, I know, wish in one hand and $h!t in the other... :rolleyes:

And I think I'll keep mine dildo free kthnx. :p

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Though I haven't seen it myself, I hear the box for the 19 is ugly as sin.

Well, ya gotta figure the box for a Yamato toy would also be made by Yamato and "ugly as sin" seems pretty much par for the course. I think they were on the right path with the early 1/48s (black with some text). That said, I think the Super Hikaru TV VF-1J has a nice post-apocalytpic feel to it.

I wanted one that lit up, but wanted it "right". The fold booster clearly glows GREEN just prior to entering fold space and that in one of the few CGI scenes in M+, going through fold space is a very trippy, colorful experience. :)

As I mentioned earlier, it is VERY easy to get rapidly-changing swirls of colors with LED's, tons of small pens/toys do it for less than 5 bucks.

And bright green is even simpler and cheaper. Of course, red LED's do usually cost slightly less than green, so there you go.

I doubt it would a modified Yf-19 to accomodate the 2nd passanger... makes no sense. I would guess it's a plug you pop out and replace with yang in a little seat.

The section behind the pilot seat is removeable.

The Fold Booster set will include FPs,Yang + seat.

Graham

Just to let you know, I've got about 60% of the photos for the review done as well as got the sticker and instruction sheets all scanned in. Just gotta finish the rest of the photos tomorrow and then get the actual review written.

The review will be posted on Dec 7, which is the official Japanese release date.

Graham

Great to know!!!

My VF-0S that I just got in yesterday was a floppy freaking mess...it's also my very first Valk. I was gonna keep it in fighter mode anyways, so I took my hot glue gun and placed some hot glue in 4 strategic places and now fighter mode is rock solid.

Another good thing is that you can still take it apart and peel the glue off and it doesn't leave a single mark! :) (I know because I have done this before to other toys. ;))

-Kyp

Just to let you know, I've got about 60% of the photos for the review done as well as got the sticker and instruction sheets all scanned in. Just gotta finish the rest of the photos tomorrow and then get the actual review written.

The review will be posted on Dec 7, which is the official Japanese release date.

Graham

Can't wait to read the review. I'm quite curious about the boxdesign too, any pics of that available?

I'm waiting, but not for any particular reason. It's mostly 'cause I'm cheap. I'll probably hold off until I can buy three valks at once and save on shipping. I'll probably wait and buy a Shin 0A, YF-19, and 2nd Edition VF-0S. Of course, any one of those might get bumped for a Ghost or a FastPack/Fold drive set. In the meantime, I'll benefit from everyone else's experiences :)

... so just how many of us are still waiting for the review before investing a cool 200 US? I am. :( All this talk of being non floppy SUCKS!

I'll wait dammit.

I'm not... Graham already said it's tight as hell and that we'll be pleasantly surprised with the QC. Preorders are also closing left and right...

The yf-19 is the diamond in the rough as far as quality goes compared to the crappy colored, lazily made, feature lacking add-ons coming out...

The yf-19 is as good as gold.

Not having something as special as that this holiday will only be your loss. It should be on everyone's santa's list.

I'm not... Graham already said it's tight as hell and that we'll be pleasantly surprised with the QC. Preorders are also closing left and right...

The yf-19 is the diamond in the rough as far as quality goes compared to the crappy colored, lazily made, feature lacking add-ons coming out...

The yf-19 is as good as gold.

Not having something as special as that this holiday will only be your loss. It should be on everyone's santa's list.

And that's why I already sent my deposit for this, I can't wait to get this badass Valkyrie in my hands and display it next to my VF-0S, 1/60 Hikaru VF-1A, and my soon-to-be-had mint MPC Lancer Alpha. :D

I have a VERY good feeling about this one, and I hope they make all the variations possible as well! And I will be sending the remaining balance this week when I get paid again too. ;)

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

The section behind the pilot seat is removeable.

The Fold Booster set will include FPs,Yang + seat.

Graham

Pssst...so Graham...how much would the Fold Booster, FPs, Yang + seat would cost? Will they cost as much as the 1/48 Strike/Fast Packs? :) Surely not the cost of the 1/48 GBP Armour :o

Btw, theoretically when would Yamato release different colored versions of the YF-19 (Excalibur and Fire Valk and hopefully a gray one :) ) based on past releases of the 1/48 VF-1's and the VF-0s?

How long did it take to release the VF-0A since the VF-0S was released? Is it safe to assume that it will take a shorter period because no new head sculp is to be used? Only a different colored YF-19 will be needed for the recolors right?

Pssst...so Graham...how much would the Fold Booster, FPs, Yang + seat would cost? Will they cost as much as the 1/48 Strike/Fast Packs? Surely not the cost of the 1/48 GBP Armour

Btw, theoretically when would Yamato release different colored versions of the YF-19 (Excalibur and Fire Valk and hopefully a gray one ) based on past releases of the 1/48 VF-1's and the VF-0s?

How long did it take to release the VF-0A since the VF-0S was released? Is it safe to assume that it will take a shorter period because no new head sculp is to be used? Only a different colored YF-19 will be needed for the recolors right?

LOL! Yeah, and Graham, when will we get to see the 1/60 YF-21? How much will it cost? What repaints of the YF-21 will they make? C'mon Graham, we want to know!

Sorry Gian, I think Graham's made it pretty clear that he tells us what he can. If the pictures don't show a Yen amount under the display models then chances are Yamato hasn't made the info public and thus neither can Graham... same with all the other questions asked.

No, the arm cannon thing is not included in the fold booster FP set. I've been talking with Yamato for a while now to try to persuade them to make it, for a second set of accessories, perhaps together with the wing missiles shown on the cover of the TIAS M+ book, although this would require new wings with hard points (not a big deal). We'll see.

Graham

not to dampen your enthusiasm, but a fire valk would involve more than a little red dye and a new head. there's tons of different parts involved.

That's correct, a VF-19Kai/F/S/P would require 99% new tooling, as nearly every single part is signifcantly different from the YF-19/VF-19A.

Graham