Jump to content

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Mog said:

I don’t think it’ll be the ultimate Voltron.

It’s got some design choices that may rub folks the wrong way (Green not looking cylindrical in combined mode, the wings looking a little undersized).

And although it looks like they have all the individual lions’ weapons, we haven’t seen the secondary weapons for the combined mode (the spear or the shield).

Not saying the SOC version is perfect either.  But it’s a tough act to follow.

The end all best Voltron set would be separate lions and accurate Voltron. I'm waiting on that Action Line Chogokin for the accurate Voltron. I don't think there is a real market for separate lions that don't transform though.

I assume we'll get all the weapons on this Blitzway Voltron. Green lion looks ok when not in Voltron form. Could be a bit better. I imagine that they are still working on it since it's not up for order yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Blitzway [5PRO-CA-10401] VOLTRON

  • Non scale CARBOTIX Series Action Figure
  • Figure Size approximately 380mm tall
  • Cover Functions of Lions’ Legs (Voltron Mode)
  • LED Functions of Lions’ Eyes
  • Designed Joints for Reproducing Various Movements of Anime.
  • Five (5) Figurines of Standing Voltron’s Pilots
  • Details of Pilots seated in the Cockpits
  • One (1) Replaceable Roaring Face
  • Nineteen (19) Various Voltron Weapons
  • One (1) Display Base with The Weapon Storage Function


Production details might be subject to change without any prior notice.
Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different.
Figure : Diecast, PVC, ABS, POM
Base : ABS
Accessories : PVC, ABS

47A7666F-4177-478A-A2AB-DA461DF60D3A.jpeg

696CC886-5FBF-49CD-B348-E53EE0C0B5EF.jpeg

3BBEB31C-D4E3-45C6-86D7-FD2C002C0736.jpeg

14CF5AC3-4C54-4866-B044-DD5B7CD144C9.jpeg

0748ACDD-6FC4-4349-9A87-AF65285DD895.jpeg

CBD41553-398E-4A8B-A908-9D61C23BD00F.jpeg

ED9446F1-621B-4C4C-B0F2-2AA04827B407.jpeg

F0C099F1-28F5-46E8-B68A-A30EBDE98828.jpeg

9CE1A855-F55D-430B-9E64-835E05458FC7.jpeg

89B63AB3-2650-43E4-9E9F-6613B2AD3045.jpeg

BD27AD95-D598-4F64-9A22-6FD9D721771C.jpeg

D231A873-8864-46FD-87FC-9C4C1AB13578.jpeg

E4453B24-15FD-4DE0-9641-AC410DC17B36.jpeg

10CAB13D-6721-47B9-9388-48E5B371874D.jpeg

A4B408C4-EF86-475E-9846-D129AD6B5226.jpeg

C43CAB44-E87E-4789-B490-2DE91D591ED3.jpeg

D49DFD4A-8954-4D02-A009-D559BCBF843A.jpeg

345BB21A-A1E3-42F2-9989-5ACCE75CA449.jpeg

2B31AA68-231E-49A0-8AB0-79D5B30EEDA1.jpeg

A7FA8C73-3D14-4F55-8913-C171071639CB.jpeg

973C942B-B9B5-403E-9545-E4B96044564D.jpeg

7DB8E6C1-C714-458B-BE16-3984E426B0ED.jpeg

52ED627B-8B9E-49B1-9277-94F955D5D08F.jpeg

E885A3BD-60C9-4C33-BA8D-9B9C42E49346.jpeg

AA373A9C-F2B5-467C-B236-54FB82248BB0.jpeg

85BB475F-DD32-4F6C-89BB-2428BE370318.jpeg

270B8554-56E0-4A30-8985-707F3C1156B1.jpeg

DA02FB98-FE2B-4941-BCA6-28EA11554DE6.jpeg

573295BB-6DE9-44CD-BC29-4BA57427FA0B.jpeg

6448CD4B-F2E7-481C-98CC-84E5EF1EEBA3.jpeg

5605762B-CD7B-4692-850D-F2DDFFDF0329.jpeg

18D6A0F7-18A1-430B-AD9D-AFAB70C5DCA9.jpeg

47356C8F-536E-44E7-A9D8-9C040D80F9FC.jpeg

B2F4AB5E-26FE-43C5-82F2-B3D1BDA4DBC9.jpeg

31E79BC1-074E-4E77-83E0-D4C6E111D39A.jpeg

8FD41953-B690-46A8-9A67-1058C367324C.jpeg

E2F8DEFF-3A32-4670-B409-1FE5F34387D3.jpeg

F34CE2FE-2582-469D-94EC-AE71E50E0CB6.jpeg

AD0892F0-3E06-4329-95BA-D496A6374EEC.jpeg

544500DE-984C-4142-9ED2-570C5CC20D2A.jpeg

1FFBFE12-3F55-48FD-966C-643041A7EA4B.jpeg

656A31C2-F7ED-4223-A0F8-7A59B0F39468.jpeg

46BD5E1F-FD38-4460-A86E-AFD177E29D3F.jpeg

221E82D3-09D2-4228-BDDE-624DF7C0E5DE.jpeg

1959872A-7267-4D74-AC72-C19D9D10C966.jpeg

Edited by no3Ljm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dobber said:

OMG, that looks AMAZING! I never got the Bandai….I may just have to get this.

Chris

Me too. For me this is like 'oh my'! :wub:

I just have to find the budget though. :lol: 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

my wallet would like to pretend it never saw this and is reminding me that the bandai one is pretty nice already.  lol.  looks like THE definitive lion force voltron.  the SOC didn't last long on top of the mountain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

my wallet would like to pretend it never saw this and is reminding me that the bandai one is pretty nice already.  lol.  looks like THE definitive lion force voltron.  the SOC didn't last long on top of the mountain.

Same here. But after seeing those photos earlier made my jaw drop. What's usually the census for pricing on Blitzway product? Seeing that the height somehow close to the recent DXSoC Voltes V. Are we expecting somewhere north of $600+/-?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Same here. But after seeing those photos earlier made my jaw drop. What's usually the census for pricing on Blitzway product? Seeing that the height somehow close to the recent DXSoC Voltes V. Are we expecting somewhere north of $600+/-?

 

I think $600 is low for something with this much diecast and size. It weights 5lbs and is over 14" tall. Combines, includes a stand, painted pilots, light up eyes. I think we're looking at $800 to $999 for this to be honest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

I think $600 is low for something with this much diecast and size. It weights 5lbs and is over 14" tall. Combines, includes a stand, painted pilots, light up eyes. I think we're looking at $800 to $999 for this to be honest. 

Thanks @Grey728! ;)

Looks like no Voltron for me this time. :unsure:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey @Dobber. Looks like ShowZ is accepting preorders again with deposit.

https://showzstore.com/blitzway-5pro-studio-voltron-beast-king-golion_p3256.html

Cool thanks!

without knowing the price I’m a bit hesitant though. If what some of you guys said is correct about the price that’ll be WAY out of my price range. 
 

Chris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

$700 ladies and germs. From FB (below)

Man, I don't know. I'd pay $700 for the definitive Voltron. And this one looks really nice. But, what has 5PRO done of this caliber? Anything? I sure would be upset if I got it and it had all sorts of problems. On the flip side if you wait for reviews and don't do the PO the late tax will be STUPID! 

I'm thinking my SOC with the long thighs is pretty good. I'm going to wait for the reviews and if they're good cross my fingers on a re-release. Probably. 

218456919_10158383862151365_5438245439118679317_n.jpg.f652506866c5a8f3c10b698efa8b64db.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ouch….gonna have to think about this. It says 4th quarter 2021 release, I believe, so late this year to likely early next year. Hmmm. 
 

Chris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing I like about the SOC more is the shoulder to waist ratio. The SOC has a lot more V taper for the "I been working out" look. Sorry, it was hard finding a straight on shot of the SOC.

F0C099F1-28F5-46E8-B68A-A30EBDE98828.jpeg

NnPhy_7Hh9dBc239xMHjzvBxQHCrkaz2vmrgH2Ch

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

One thing I like about the SOC more is the shoulder to waist ratio. The SOC has a lot more V taper for the "I been working out" look. Sorry, it was hard finding a straight on shot of the SOC.

F0C099F1-28F5-46E8-B68A-A30EBDE98828.jpeg

NnPhy_7Hh9dBc239xMHjzvBxQHCrkaz2vmrgH2Ch

Hey @sqidd. Found this photo from another board. Not super dead-on shot but straight enough for comparison. :good:

I really do like the legs cover feature on the Blitzway. And the head I think Blitzway is better. However, question on the SoC, is the head needs to be pushed down to hide the lower part of the Black Lion jaw? No idea since I don't have one. And is that why Bandai's promo photos always in angled shot?

Voltron_SoC_vs_Blitzway.jpg.f65f984769b7dbb24de210013e5602cb.jpg

 

I know price point it’s comparable to DXSoC Voltes V but not sure if I can do it this time. :unsure:

Edited by no3Ljm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quick question since I don't have any Voltron toys. Were there any transforming toy that featured the Red Lion head pointing upfront in robot mode like how it should in the Form Voltron sequence? Apologies if this were already asked before. Thanks.

form_voltron.jpg.6bdbf49ac24ea32711e501cf9eba524a.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Mog said:

You could twist the Bandai SOC’s forearm into that position.

Yup. Both arms swivel above and below the elbow, so you can turn the forearm without changing the direction of the elbow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

However, question on the SoC, is the head needs to be pushed down to hide the lower part of the Black Lion jaw? No idea since I don't have one. And is that why Bandai's promo photos always in angled shot?

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

I posted some pics on the previous page where you can do a wide open roar on Black Lion (in lion mode) and still not see where Voltron's face is hiding.

But addressing your question above, you can see how the head looks in combined mode.  Kinda hard to see where the lower teeth are, but they're there:

1686088325_GoLionCloseUpofUpperBody.JPG.8a025608287a37b3dc06cfa2c41a14d1.JPG

The pic above also shows that you can move Red Lion all sorts of ways to position the arm any way you want.  I'm a little leery about the shoulder connection point on the Blitzway:  it's a little high up, whereas the SOC version is dead center on the shoulder. 

Seriously though, the posing options on SOC are sick.

Edited by Mog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mog said:

You could twist the Bandai SOC’s forearm into that position.

3 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Yup. Both arms swivel above and below the elbow, so you can turn the forearm without changing the direction of the elbow.

8 minutes ago, Mog said:

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

I posted some pics on the previous page where you can do a wide open roar on Black Lion (in lion mode) and still not see where Voltron's face is hiding.

But addressing your question above, you can see how the head looks in combined mode.  Kinda hard to see where the lower teeth are, but they're there:

1686088325_GoLionCloseUpofUpperBody.JPG.8a025608287a37b3dc06cfa2c41a14d1.JPG

The pic above also shows that you can move Red Lion all sorts of ways to position the arm any way you want.  I'm a little leery about the shoulder connection point on the Blitzway:  it's a little high up, whereas the SOC version is dead center on the shoulder. 

Seriously though, the posing options on SOC are sick.

Thanks guys! I always assumed that there's an option of rotating the head if we want to have it anime-accurate. :good: 

The only reason of me asking it is that ever since I've watched that show years ago, my kid's mind always assumed that Red Lion's tail/connector somehow folds to the side instead of underside like the Green Lion's. So I'm thinking if there were any figures back then that was made with that in mind. ;) 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^^Oh yeah, I feel ya!  That's how I would draw Voltie as a kid too (with Red connected from its side).

Looking at pics and vids now, it's debatable.  But yeah, I like having all those options in the SOC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey @sqidd. Found this photo from another board. Not super dead-on shot but straight enough for comparison. :good:

I really do like the legs cover feature on the Blitzway. And the head I think Blitzway is better. However, question on the SoC, is the head needs to be pushed down to hide the lower part of the Black Lion jaw? No idea since I don't have one. And is that why Bandai's promo photos always in angled shot?

Voltron_SoC_vs_Blitzway.jpg.f65f984769b7dbb24de210013e5602cb.jpg

 

I know price point it’s comparable to DXSoC Voltes V but not sure if I can do it this time. :unsure:

I have to admit. The Blitzway looks pretty good compared to the SOC in this shot.

I am worried about QC with Blitzway though. And with them alreday selling out I think I'm going to sit this one oit and wait for some reviews. Hopefully it's good, and hopefully they re-issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2021 at 8:01 AM, sqidd said:

I have to admit. The Blitzway looks pretty good compared to the SOC in this shot.

I am worried about QC with Blitzway though. And with them alreday selling out I think I'm going to sit this one oit and wait for some reviews. Hopefully it's good, and hopefully they re-issue.

Hey @sqidd- where are they selling out? I haven't even found any for sale yet I thought they go on sale July 28th at 5 PM KST. I've been checking all the usual places that sell Macross stuff

Edited by Syro
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the heads up, I decided to preorder. If I decide not to get it I can cancel, but this just looks too good to pass up.

Chris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Thanks for the heads up, I decided to preorder. If I decide not to get it I can cancel, but this just looks too good to pass up.

Chris

This one is killing me. I'm almost always a hard yes or a hard no on toys. I'm waffling all over on this one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How does this 5Pro Studio company usually handle toy sells? Because I really hope they make enough for demand. Seeing as the Chogokin Voltron has sold out like 3 times now. From what I know of Blitzway, they just make limited statues. This 5Pro Studio x Blitzway Voltron can't be like that or flippers are going to be very happy.

 

I still stick by that there is room for improvement. But this is really a step up from what I'm seeing. I didn't expect the small figures and light up eyes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...