Happy Holidays To Macrossworld

zeo-mare

just got a few more t-shirts and sweatshirts, the only real drag is my MP Exkaiser will not be here until Wednesday  which sucks because I really wanted it for Christmas, right now the stupid UPS tracking number reset and is still showing the order as pending, instead of a 28th delivery I might get lucky and it will come sooner, but i have a bad feeling it wont be here to later. 

chris

Man I had that happen to me last month when I ordered some DVD's. They were sent 3 day delivery but some reason UPS (go figure) couldn't find my place which was odd considering 96% of anything ordered online comes UPS unless I so select it....not too mention my mothers a phone/online shoping maniac. She buys more things then I do...and somehow I always get the lecture on stuff.

But yeah anyways, I called up UPS and I raised holy hell with them, told 'em I want them to pay me back atleast pay me back for the shipping cause its outragous they had problems and with a company so large and so world wide you'd think they could afford GPS.

The next day the UPS guy knocked on the door and stood there apologizing for a good 3 minutes on how he'd only just started early in the week and hadn't been this far down.

I told him its okay, but it would of been nice having a notification or something by phone saying they were sorry instead of me going "WTF?" and having to figure it out.

Anyways, wha do you guys think of my First Valk in over a year? :p I did a good number on it this time! I learned from my horrible mistakes in detailing the last time!

IM000314.jpg

a great gift, i did not get any macross this year, i pretty much got everything that i am going to at this point, there was some nice shirts from my brother and his girlfriend and some chocolate from family. all i need is to get my Exkaiser. all in all I am very happy with my gifts.

I Hope the rest of you turn out this lucky in the morning

chris B))

Edited by zeo-mare

Christmas was great this year. I got the following:

PG 1/60 Skygrasper + Aile Striker

1/100 VB-6 Konig Monster

Tamiya 1/24 JACCS Honda Accord (5th gen)

Nice Fossil pocket watch

Logitech Wireless Controller for PS2

MSIA GP03 Dendrobium Stamen + Orchis (not 1/144, but this thing is huge!)

Spencers Vivid Poster: Jenna Jameson

Spencers Vivid Poster: Monique & Lexi

Not bad, love the gifts and thank friends and family for them!

& stuff I got for myself:

1/60 Freedom

1/60 Strike (non PG)**

1/60 Strike Gundam Striker Weapon System**

**I have 2 of these 1/60 strikes + the one that comes with the Striker Weapon system, now I can equip all 3 striker packs on each of the Strike Gundams...

Edited by vfxraven19

Merry Christmas one and all!

What did the monkey get?  Well I got ZERO!  LOL.  But I had a blast buying my kids thier presents.

My son is really into Legos ....so I got him a ton

354929[/snapback]

Did you get him any of the new Exo-Force Lego sets? From what I've seen at the Lego store one of the Mini-Figures' chest had what appeared to be Max's vf1a cockpit pretty cool homage IMHO.

Edited by gerwalk25

Merry Christmas everyone.. :)

Guess what I got,, Bills, Bills and some more Bills. I didn't get them yet but I know they're coming :( .

I'll be doing this Secret Santa thing later tonight so who knows what I'm going to get, I don't even know what to give this year. Perhaps a EVA Asuka figure or a Love hina bikini display figure., the rest are mostly mecha stuff so i know the girls wouldn't want those ,except for one, but she's happy since I already gave her a PG. :lol:

I dont' like secret santa much because I always seem to get the worse gift. ;)

Got me some cologne, a sweater, and a shirt. Got my wife some MAC makeup and a makeup bag, and the kids some socks, toy trains and toy airplanes. Oh, and when the boys are grown up, I'll suprise them with a 1/48 hikaru vf-1j & 1/48 gbp armor set, 1/48 roy and 1/48 tv fast packs that I have stashed away somewhere in the house :D .

On a different note, the wife and I gave as gifts...children's clothes, gift certificates (target, walmart, etc..), cookies and popcorn in a tin , an electric toothbrush, and some $$$. :rolleyes:

Well, I got a couple of books I wanted, DVD sets of the 2nd season of Battlestar Galactica and the 1st seasons of Stargate Atlantis and The Outer Limits, some clothes, a cool as hell watch with the Marine Corps logo on it (Semper Fi, brother Marines!), a 2006 calendar of Misaki Ito after I told my girlfriend I already got the Miho Yoshioka one, a couple of gift cards to Best Buy and Circuit City, a new gun cleaning kit and ammo storage crate as well as some other nick-nacks here and there. Christmas was good to me this year, I think.

Fudge, wine, mini-flavored vodkas, movie tickets, flannel pajamas, superman pajamas, and some clothes...still haven't opened them all up yet.

And for my gift to myself, a couple Batman animation cels and the huge Gundam White Base model.

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (Nintendo DS) Sequel to one of the coolest RPGs ever for Gameboy Advance.

Final Fantasy IV(Gameboy Advance) A game I've wanted to play for YEARS, now I can play it whenever I want!

Star Wars Episode I (DVD) Now my collection is complete!

Gore-Tex Gloves - I've needed new gloves for a while.

Socks - We all love these.

Pajama pants - most comfy.

Polar Bear Boxers - private viewings available to select audiences..

Not the best haul I've ever gotten, but not too shabby either. I'm the most stoked about Final Fantasy IV!!!

The gifts people got me: a cutting board, a microwavable-vegetable pot, a cooking book, a gift card, a golf-club set, and the traditional Topps baseball-card set.

The gifts I got for me: Resident Evil 4, Zelda 4 Swords, FF 1+2(thank you ToysRUs sale!) and a Sansa 4 Gb MP3 player.

not much, family got me a bunch of clothes and video games for the PS2 and Xbox,

wife got me and the kid an Xbox 360. and i didn't know it, but she used some of her xmas bonus to get me an '89 Camaro IROC Z that her co-worker was selling, thing is in pretty good shape and only got 65K on it (old man drove it), so i got a few things to work on (first thing to replace is the radio, then it's time for some deep tint), other than that, quiet xmas at home.

short xmas, unfortunately, i have to work today, i'm at work right now, it's quiet right now, already had one domestic where someone went to jail (all that xmas eggnog doesn't mean it's time to beat on the family), had one psycho-nut job who was so drunk, she kept dropping the n-bombs on me and i kept telling her to get her races correct, she went to jail for continuously calling 9-1-1 with BS.

and another nut that keeps calling 9-1-1 just got put in the slammer because she kept calling and saying Ramona Robinson keeps breaking in and stealing her stuff. then after we took Ramona to jail, she called back and said Al Pacino was there beating her up, so that was it. we need to get a shrink on staff for these people.

ya know, if you're drunk, don't call 9-1-1 because we'll find ya.

:lol:

merry xmas everyone, here's hoping no one else goes to jail tonight, drive carefully, i've been trying not to write any traffic tickets just to prove a point, so don't run into me :) last ticket I wrote was on Nov. 2nd. only a week or so left and I will hit two months! i hope i can beat the record!!!

B))

In addition to my previously listed items...

Radiata Stories.

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter.

A Galaxian t-shirt.

10$ giftcard for MalWart.

Sadly, I buy my own presents.  At least I get exactly what I want.

So here we go:

1. Valkyrie Profile for PSX

2. Xenogears for PSX

3. Vagrant Story for PSX

4. Front Mission 3 for PSX

And I thought I was late with Dragon Quarter...

I've had all 4 of those PS1 titles for years.

All good choices, of course.

I strongly recommend leading with VP. tri-Ace is God.

And because I got a toy, I have to play...

"You WILL reveal the location of the autobot base. One way or another."

post-720-1135568091_thumb.jpg

Edited by JB0

So here we go:

2. Xenogears for PSX

Oooooh. My 2 fave games of all time. Any plot questions on Xenogears, PM me. :) (That game you have to play twice to understand, and VP needs to be played twice to see both versions of the story)

I got a bunch of stuff this year. My wife was good to me. But I also have to thank Kevin at Valkyrie-Exchange. Sorry to see him go but he made it a great season for me. Anyway I got the following stuff:

1/48 VF-1J Super Max

1/60 Elintseeker

1/60 Super O

1/100 Monster

box of K&M macross series 2 (now to find the transformable valks from series one)

Masterpiece Alpha

1/60 Cannonfodder

Valk display stand

1/48 clear fast packs set

A few other misc toys, a TF Unicron, an ultimate villains Darth Vader.

Forgot to add a ton of new video games including my Japanese PS2 and Macross for PS2.

alos got a couple of dvd sets

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Samurai Deeper Kyo

Thundercats Season 1 Volume 2

BTW Congrats on the IROC Chowser. I used to have an '87 Iroc. I have to say it is probably my favorite car, based on what I have owned. I miss that car terribly. I bought myself an '87 Trans Am to play with but it just isn't the same as the IROC. PM me if you ever wanna talk F-Bodies.

EDIT: Forgot to add my Japanese PS2.

Edited by stram8777

I'll say I had a good Christmas. Heres what I got:

From my parents:

Castlevania: Dawn of Sarrow and Curse of Darkness, S.L.A.I. (I liked Phantom Crash on X Box), Gundam Seed: Never Ending Tommorow (sure itsa bandai game but I'm not expecting much so why not)

From my relatives:

3 MSiA figures. (GAIA, ABYSS, and GuAIZ)

But I also got to gave some gifts out too.

To my little brothers:

2 star wars figures and some venom vs carnage comics

To my mom:

a pair of nice gold earings

to my dad:

a digital watch for work

to my best female friend "Jen":

MSiA Abyss figure (she loves the character pilot so in turn likes the suit as well)

So I think I did good this year oh and MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEWYEAR Macross World!

I know I suggested this late last year (and NEVER) got around to suggesting it again this year.

But.....I think we should have a Secret Santa for 2006.

Graham? Shaun?

What do you guys think?

I think it could be an awesome idea. I've done this on another board the results (from my end) were pretty fun.

Not a big haul this year but I'll be satisfied when I get these in my hands!

-HalfLife2 for Xbox

-An Xbox wireless controler

-Last Exile the complete series, w/ the figure or the Range Murata collection sans figure

-Gatchapon collection of Beta Midget 2.0 w/ the jackets/armor

Happy Holidaze!  B))

354926[/snapback]

I also recieved gift cards from Target and Starbucks (I'm addicted to Nonfat Chai's hot and cold) , Journey "Escape" Live CD/DVD set, Queen the Videos collection volume one and two Kaiju Big Battel DVD's!

In addition to my previously listed items...

Radiata Stories.

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter.

A Galaxian t-shirt.

10$ giftcard for MalWart.

So here we go:

2. Xenogears for PSX

3. Vagrant Story for PSX

4. Front Mission 3 for PSX

And I thought I was late with Dragon Quarter...

I've had all 4 of those PS1 titles for years.

All good choices, of course.

I strongly recommend leading with VP. tri-Ace is God.

And because I got a toy, I have to play...

"You WILL reveal the location of the autobot base. One way or another."

355066[/snapback]

I don't mean to derail this thread here ( Merry Xmas..oh wait, its already the 26th in my time zone).

With those PSX games, better late than never, especially VP.

Valkyrie Profile is a good game, though a bit rushed in my mind. This does help make the game feel urgent to get your Einherjah's act together cause, ya know, the end of the world isn't something to joke about, but then with most RPGs I love to explore around. I'm just wrapping up chapter 1 now.

"I was a slave to circumstance" I love that, I should use that every time I can't come up with a good excuse.

"Why didn't you take out the garbage?"

"I was a slave to circumstance..." ;)

Hi, is the Zeta Gundam movie the original Japanese release? also do you have pictures of the Turn A gundam figures?

chris

I'm liking this Planet of the Apes set, as I've never seen any of the movies; I had no idea that the first two movies would be that captivating. Just by reading the backs of the other dvd's however, I am having serious reservations about them. At the very least, I finally found the behavioral role model for all female companions to emulate: Nova! :p

I don't mean to derail this thread here ( Merry Xmas..oh wait, its already the 26th in my time zone).

With those PSX games, better late than never, especially VP. 

Indeed.

Valkyrie Profile is a good game, though a bit rushed in my mind. This does help make the game feel urgent to get your Einherjah's act together cause, ya know, the end of the world isn't something to joke about, but then with most RPGs I love to explore around.  I'm just wrapping up chapter 1 now.
I liked the timer too. Was nice to have a world where just hunting rabbits and sleeping for 6 months actually affected something.

Fortunately, there's enough time provided to do everything(if you don't get killed). I wished there was another way to gain materialize points, though. Ran through all my allotment a few times while I was learning the gameand was stuck with no way to re-equip or heal(I ran out in the final dungeon on my first playthrough, so no napping).

Shame about the glitches, though. At least the US version is mostly bug-fixed.