1/48 Vf-1d Completed!

Kurt

Actually, there are no black arm bands in the lineart, so any arms will do...

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/art/mcr249l.jpg

352832[/snapback]

that lineart is missing a lot of lines. You can pretty much assume that it has TV style panel lines on the arms though if you're the nitpicky type. But that custom looks awesome... as always Kurt.

Fantastic work as usual Kurt, but it's just crying out for custom TV Hikaru and Minmay figures in the cockpit.

I'll get this up in the MW custom toy gallery, as soon as I re-install Dreamweaver on my PC (probably be after Xmas now though).

BTW, can't wait to see your custom paint schemes on the 1/48 GBP and 1/60 VF-0S when they are released. :D

Graham

352832[/snapback]

that lineart is missing a lot of lines. You can pretty much assume that it has TV style panel lines on the arms though if you're the nitpicky type. But that custom looks awesome... as always Kurt.

352834[/snapback]

I don't know about those black bands.

352832[/snapback]

352834[/snapback]

post-1617-1134711737_thumb.jpg

post-1617-1134711921_thumb.jpg

post-1617-1134712045_thumb.jpg

post-1617-1134712207_thumb.jpg

352832[/snapback]

352834[/snapback]

352852[/snapback]

You guys are absolutely right... after I checked out all the linearts I have for the D there are no bands on any, but does that mean there's no thrusters on the hip next to the air intake? All of the lineart suggests it. Maybe because it's a trainer?

I would say it took me about 5 weeks. I had to deal with the gummy canopy and all of the other parts were "soft" so I had to spend the time to cure those some more. This is just a busy time of year for everyone, so I know I can do them quicker than 5 weeks.

As for the black arm bands. All I had to go by was Hasegawa's painting guide and Yamatos 1/60. Neither of these show black arm bands. Thanks everyone!

Excellent work Kurt, as usual.

Can I ask how you do the panel lines? Is that a wash? Your panel lining job appears "just right", not too dark, not too light. I'm having trouble achieving line consistency and that "just right" look.

Ispires me to continue working on my own 1D custom - finding the time to work on it during the holidays AND with a 9 month old around is near impossible.

I was looking forward to your first 1/48 1D - beautiful work!

The arm bands are not a must have but I added them on my own in order to compliment the black bands on the legs. I like the balance between the upper and lower half.

My 1D Batt

Great work Kirt! Your 1D looks so clean. Makes me want to try again.

I would say it took me about 5 weeks.  I had to deal with the gummy canopy and all of the other parts were "soft" so I had to spend the time to cure those some more.  This is just a busy time of year for everyone, so I know I can do them quicker than 5 weeks. 

As for the black arm bands.  All I had to go by was Hasegawa's painting guide and Yamatos 1/60.  Neither of these show black arm bands.  Thanks everyone!

352927[/snapback]

that lineart is missing a lot of lines. You can pretty much assume that it has TV style panel lines on the arms though if you're the nitpicky type.  But that custom looks awesome... as always Kurt.

352834[/snapback]

actually, this arms bands are just for VF-1J,I think is it the part of special design

of the 1J, don't forget in the background story of the VF-1,

VF-1J is design & produce by other factory that different from the "A"&"S" type.

:rolleyes:

Can I ask how you do the panel lines? Is that a wash? Your panel lining job appears "just right", not too dark, not too light. I'm having trouble achieving line consistency and that "just right" look.

Thanks everyone for the compliments.

For the panel lines I use a combination of pre/post shading and an oil wash. I use raw umber oil paint thinned with turpenoid and flow that into the panel lines.

sweetness!! Now I'd like to have one!! Can you take a close up pix of the cockpit? I wanna see the details in there.

353143[/snapback]

Sorry, it's already packed up. I did not take any images up close of the cockpit.