Your Macross moments...

One time in high school, I played an episode of Macross Plus vol.1 to my computer class, suprisingly the teacher was ok with it, considering the cussing it in.

Also, played some Macross II, and Mac Plus vol.4 in my lit class, no one thought it was something worth watching :(

I caught ep1 of SDFM when it first aired in the US (YES when it was first aired it was called Macross and NOT Robotech, the main character's name was Rick Yamato) I was totally blown away.

Best macross moment was when my buddy Kevin and I were watching the M+ movie and his roommate chip walks in. He comments about us watching a "Cartoon" then the YF-21 takes off and makes the sonic boom cone right after take off, shut him right up and got him to sit and wathc the whole thing.

Of course there was also the time I was in bed with this girl I was dating and had DYRL in the DVD player it accidently came on and after we were done we watched the rest of the movie together.

When I used to work at PC Club in Burbank, I played anime on the computer demos all day. As a matter of fact, I played eps. 1-3 of Macross Zero and sold a lot of computers in the process.

Now that I work at RadioShack, I'm playing anime on at least one of the DVD units. Right now, I have one unit playing Macross XX all day. Perhaps later this week, I'll dust off my Macross Plus DVDs and bring them to the store.

Daedalus attack!

341688[/snapback]

Yeah back then that was a "HUH! WHAT! It's a spaceship! It's not supposed to 'punch' anything!" moment. Nows it's more of a "OMG I can't believe they said that-ROFL" moment.

Even since I watched RT with my dad, he enjoyed the series and wanted to watch the entire intial disc in one sitting, he complains that I don't have any funny cartoons. B))

My favorite Macross moment was watching DYRL for the very first time. That was also the first time that I saw anything anime in the original Japanese.

341686[/snapback]

This was my macross moment as well. DYRL... still makes me giddy watch the first battle sequence.

When I used to work at PC Club in Burbank, I played anime on the computer demos all day. As a matter of fact, I played eps. 1-3 of Macross Zero and sold a lot of computers in the process.

Now that I work at RadioShack, I'm playing anime on at least one of the DVD units. Right now, I have one unit playing Macross XX all day. Perhaps later this week, I'll dust off my Macross Plus DVDs and bring them to the store.

341683[/snapback]

Sweet, my manger at RadioShack only let us play kids movies and ShackTV. I've seen Shrek more times then I care to remember.

Its a tie b/w roys death (half my class was watching robotech at the time and nobody could believe he died. The class acted the same way when the space shuttle blew up as we were watching it in class.

The other macross moment would be when some japanese chick (major hottie) busted into a the my bofriend is a pilot song in the middle of best buy when her american boyfriend picked up a DVD of Robotech. Everyone around stopped and just listened to her.

Definitely would have to be watching DYRL for the first time. It was about 10 years since I had seen RT's The Macross Saga and I was a fan. I saw DYRL for sale and was like "Hmm, that reminds me of a cartoon I saw way back when" so I bought it. Shortly thereafter I had completely immersed myself in all things Macross and became a member here.

Mac+... I would rather watch Mac+ once than DYRL a hundred times I think.... I love the battles from DYRL, but there are only two basically and they are at the beginning and the end... Mac+ has soo much more action... but I think my absolute fav moment was finally getting the OAV version of Mac+ and getting to see the opening battle for the first time.... god I love that scene.

The other macross moment would be when some japanese chick (major hottie) busted into a the my bofriend is a pilot song in the middle of best buy when her american boyfriend picked up a DVD of Robotech.  Everyone around stopped and just listened to her.

Did you get her name, address, daytime phone #, and daily schedule for stalking purposes?!?!?!?!

I have no SDFM moments b/c I havent seen it yet

*ducks and hides for cover*

I do remember the first time I saw DYRL and thought, Minmei is still annoying but at least she doesn't sound like a screatching whiny brat.

I have too many to list but basically the same as everyone else, apart from singing girlfriends and bedroom antics.

Well my top one has to be walking round Tokyo for the first time and finding a shop that sold Macross I just stood there for about five minutes trying to work out how I was going to fit an entire shop in to my suitcase.

Edited by big F

For me it was when I was a kid. I was flipping through the channels and I came to the PBS Channel. They were not showing Robotech..but Macross. It was the second epidode of the series during a big battle. Valkyries were getting shot up and as one exploded you could see the siluette of the pilot getting incenerated. I was like Whoa.....and I was instantly hooked. Unfortunately my Mom came in later and watched alittle and I was forbidden to watch it....too violent.....

My defining Macross moment was finally nabbing a copy of DYRL in 1985 at about $120.00, then taking it back to base and having the whole platoon watch it and marvelling at the pretty pictures. Even though not one of us spoke any Japanese, half the platoon remained until the end, adding their own dialogue.

Well one time I was watching DYRL and finaly understanding it right when the final scene ended(Before Ending) I spilled my soda along with my food on brand new sweat shirt and jeans :( . Well after DRYL ended I completey ignored the noticeable huge staine the entire day thinking about DYRL.... man that sucked and burned but the middle felt good.