Light Saber

It can be a toy version from Hasbro or a Master Replicas.

I don't have one yet except for a bootleg Qui-Gon Jinn lightsaber, made by rubies i think :ph34r:

I'm just curious to find out how many of us here own a lightsaber as one of the items in your collection to commemorate the end of the saga... :D

One Master Replicas Luke and one Vader for me. Both are Empire versions.

On the toy side of things, I have a Hasbro Jedi Luke and a Clones Anakin. I also have a Kenner "The Force" saber from 1983.

Edited by bsu legato

I had an Ep1 Obi Wan Lightsaber and still have an AOTC Anakin versionas part of a Jedi roleplay set that came with a kids sized belt, binoculars, and a funky looking non working head set. I wanna get the Master Replicas OT Obi Wan or Darth Vader Lightsabers.

I had a Hasbro Vader one, but I broke it fighting with my friend in the park. He had the Luke one...

I don't know about the $300 ones, but the $100 Master Replicas are pretty nice. A friend of mine from work picked up the Anakin one.

Master Replicas has/is releasing smaller version of their lightsabers for around $30. They're not full scale but very detailed still though.

Ok, I might have to pick up the Windu and Vader $30.00 version when they come out. but for now I have none.

Got the Vader and Luke ROTJ Master FX light sabers B))

They are really awesome but my girlfriend thinks I am a nut whenever I start playing with them around the house :lol:

Andy :)

I've owned Luke's ROTJ saber since I was in the 6th grade (which was 8 years ago) and as of the last month I bought Vader's ROTJ Lightsaber, Obi-wan's ROTS, Anakin's color changing ROTS and Windu's ROTS light sabers.....I wish I had something that out did them all......like one that's bright, and uses Windu's motion sensor yet feels as comfortable as Obi-wans.

I do have several powerful Surefire flashlights though. Don't know if that counts :p

Well....a Surefire and a lightsaber both have a similar warnings...don't look directly at the light source.... :lol:

Don't have a light aber right now, but wanting to get one. Most likely it'll be a toy so I can goof around with it. Though building one would be cool but I can't find any of those flash tubes was it

I have a Parks (blue), a Rubies Windu and 7 of the .45 scale Master Replicas (Vader, Maul, Tyranus, Luke, Obi-Wan E1, Obi-Wan E4 and Mace). I built a double-bladed saber in the past. The hilt could split in two and the plexiglass blades were removable.

Hmm.. that kinda depends on which version you get.. I had one or two of the old flashlight ones way back when, before they bothered to make the fancy ones. My brother bought those.. got 3 I think, the Anakin AOTC model, Darth Maul with the blade locks (so they won't fall out) and lights, and a simple non-light up Qui-Gon.

I've dueled with him with all three I think, and frankly, they don't hold up. The plastic is just too soft. My brother's Anakin saber is all dented, and hardly retracts anymore.. it just kinda bends in half. :p The non-fx Qui-Gon is better, it's much thicker plastic, but the blade is also much shorter.

The deal with the fully retracting blades- you can get versions where the blade goes fully into the handle, but they don't usually light up, if ever. There has to be room for the blade in the handle. These are better just for hanging on a belt. All the sound/light fx ones have the blade partially out all the time, EXCEPT for Maul's. It's big enough they were able to cram both blades and all the electronics in the handle. But the blades are also even more flimsy than usual.

Really, when you get down to it, none of the toys would hold up to a serious duel for very long. The plastic just gives too much, and since the blades are hollow, they crush in.

My plan for this summer is to make an Anakin ROTS/Luke ESB (since they should be the same) from scratch using whatever I can find.. maybe an online kit... but with a removable blade, something sturdy like solid acrylic, and probably no electronics. I just want something to hang on my belt next halloween when I go for the full Anakin getup (if only my hair would grow faster dang it...). A removable blade would be cool, but it'd be cumbersome for parties. I just need to take a machine shop class so I can get access to the equipment to make the thing. :)

I've liked Star wars since I first saw it as a kid back in 1977 and I still sorta like it today. Not a huge fan though. I stopped collecting Star Wars toys back in 1985, except for a few Action Fleet ships I've picked up in the last few years. It's 20 years since I last bought a Star Wars action figure though.

Maybe I'm getting too old, but as a 35 year old married man with a kid, actually owning a Lightsaber (and admitting to it on a public forum :lol: ) is a level of geekdom far higher in my way of thinking, than collecting plastic transforming robots from a 20 year old cartoon :p .

OK, I can understand kids and hardcore Star Wars fans wanting to own a Lightsaber, but for myself, I'd just feel far too self-concious about it.....but that's just me guys.

Thinking about this some more, perhaps it's not the owning one that's so bad, it's just when you get grown men waving them about and making the humming noise that a certain line is crossed IMO.

Graham

I bought 2-3 of the cheap Hasbro lightsabers once Episode I merchandise hit the discount racks, but I don't know if I have any left. Pretty sure most of them (a coupel friends bought some too) were destroyed when we went out to a park one night and beat the poo out of each other with them.

I own several katanas, mostly Last Legend, several Sure Fires, a Streamlight, ummm, oh, and a Larbel lightsaber (Obi-Wan Ep. 2) modified with Parks Electronics. Had a MR Luke ESB, but someone else is giving it a good home (BSU, how's my baby?) right now (everything is always still my baby even long after I've sold it, my Glock 19 is on it's 4th owner at my dept., but I still have visitation rights :lol: )

i'll be getting the MR Yoda Ep. 3 on whenever it comes out.

post-26-1115297223_thumb.jpg

Does a maglight count? its good to bash things around with  :)

only if you attach one of the red/orange traffic wands to it. Then you can call it a lightsaber to bash people around with. (note, do not try and wing your maglight like a boomerang. it won't come back, it usually misses the target and it nicks the finish, had a rookie throw the flashlight at someone he was chasing and of course, it missed him and hit someone's car....thought he was tj hooker or something)

i asked my commander if i could bring my lightsaber to the next dui checkpoint we do and use it to direct traffic. he said no....

post-26-1115297372_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chowser

Does a maglight count? its good to bash things around with  :)

only if you attach one of the red/orange traffic wands to it. Then you can call it a lightsaber to bash people around with. (note, do not try and wing your maglight like a boomerang. it won't come back, it usually misses the target and it nicks the finish, had a rookie throw the flashlight at someone he was chasing and of course, it missed him and hit someone's car....thought he was tj hooker or something)

i asked my commander if i could bring my lightsaber to the next dui checkpoint we do and use it to direct traffic. he said no....

Hmm i do have one of those cones from those cheap military aviation signals. I could try to see if will fit but i won't. :lol:

I never like the colored finished on them so I always go with the silver ones so nicks would be hard to spot. I would love seeing you do that, that would make tv news. guess if you lived in austrila you would have a better chance to do that.

I've been a huge Star Wars fan since I was five (in 1977), but I never owned a lightsaber. When I was a kid I got nearly all of the toys.(still have all of the original figures except yak-face) but never happened to get a lightsaber. Now my son has two both hasbro. One Darth Maul and one Qui-gon.

I've seen the really nice ones in Best Buy stores, but $120 for them just seems too much and then I would truly be a super geek. :p (my wife would never let me live it down)

One time a friend and I went to a comic shop to try and play that Star Wars CCG. (I got my ass handed to me by a 10 year old kid) I still don't understand those card games :rolleyes: But the saddest part was during a break, some teenage and older guys were dressed up as Jedi and playing with their lightsabers :blink: I couldn't stand it and my buddy and I just left after that. Geekdom has it's place, but I just couldn't take that. :huh: