Light Saber

Here's another question, do you recommend we buy one with machinedfx's LED installed already or just the empty saber?

Now, do I want mine weathered...or pristine like AFBB...

decisions, decisions....

:wacko:

Weathered, just like the Apprentice's saber, which if I recall correctly is made out of cobbled together parts.

Here's another question, do you recommend we buy one with machinedfx's LED installed already or just the empty saber?

Now, do I want mine weathered...or pristine like AFBB...

decisions, decisions....

:wacko:

That really depends on how you want it set up.

What color LED do you want? V or III or P4. I would say get it empty, and just have your sabersmith set up everything.

I'm getting mine pristine, because I want to do my own weathering. I'm going all out on this one

crystal focus 4.1 with an RGB Rebel or Soeul P5 RGB, so when i change sound fonts, the blade will change color as well.

• 2 years later...

back from the dead!!! Don't know if there's been a post here since Hasbro took over Master Replica in making FX lightsabers, but i was mighty impressed with the upgrades in the removable blade FX lightsabers that were released over the summer. I haven't had a chance to pick on up for myself, but i just order Anakin's Ep 3 FX Lightsaber with removable blade as well as Obi-wan Ep 3 FX with removable blade.

Does anyone have these new Hasbro Removable blade FX sabers? I have a hasbro Obi-wan ep 1 saber which is built fairly nicely, but the soundcard is weak, so i wonder if anyone has had these versions to play with.

Edited by KiriK

IMG_0666.jpg

Oooooh...you said lightsaber[. Umm, no I don't have those things. Got a buncha Sure Fires like Graham though.

ok if those are real i would like to know your address

and hours of work

gee if they are real just wow

ok if those are real i would like to know your address

and hours of work

gee if they are real just wow

They're real. Except the Highlander one.

Just wondering, why did it take you five years to reply to that post? :ph34r:

Well, he did just join MW last year.

Funny thing is that old pic is virtually unchanged from what's on my wall now. I almost forgot about that pic.

Edited by Gaijin

just got my new removable anakin FX saber and obi-wan FX and they feel pretty good! I'm happy with what Hasbro has done with the line and it feels the same if not better. The removable blade feature is just pure awesome as i've been dying to have just a hilt to display if i wanted to and not pay hundreds for a limited edition replica prop.

woot woot!!!

• 7 months later...

Hasbro fx lightsaber removable blade Luke Skywalker : ANH looks to be released approx 20th July 2011.!!!

I,m gonna get!!Which means that luke:ESB should soon follow!!!

I can,t wait to hide in the dark and scare the sh*t out of people with it. :ph34r:

Luke Skywalker ROTJ "reveal" lightsaber approx$499.00 due out around July also.

The lightsaber prop replica is taken from the deleted scene(which is gonna be added back in on the blueray release).With luke building/working on his lightsaber(it isn,t Mark,but a standin actor)

The hilt can be extended to reveal the inner workings of the lightsaber ,with a quartz crystal.

Edited by troyness

Does anyone have any idea what this scene is going to look like? Is he at a desk, magnifying glass, a pair of tweezers, with an Ikea lamp, piecing it together or is he using the force and all the peices are sorta floating in the air? I saw this awsome painting/drawing somewhere of him in a cloak, his face barely visible, and only the faint glow of the light saber parts floating in front of him.

I saw some footage on youtube, from some convention(can,t remember which).

Luke is in a cave , while C3-PO is waiting outside looking in.

Luke(not Mark Hamil) face is hooded (can,t make out actors face)is working on his lightsaber hilt with some type of screwdriver.

Luke finishes with screwdriver, then ignites his lightsaber to inspect the modification etc..

All the while this is happening Darth Vader is reaching out to Luke with the force from his regeneration chamber ,pleading Luke to join the darkside "it,s the only way" etc..

The scene was probably about 30sec long, I don,t know if this was the entire scene ,or an extract from it.

I didn,t see any lightsaber parts floating thru the air manipulated by the force.

The scene might still be available to watch , if you do a search for it, but it may also have been removed by lucasfilm pending the blueray release. :)

I found it. The scene was pretty disappointing compared to some concept images I've seen. With today's technological advances in CGI, you'd thing they'd just CG Hamill's face (or at least part of it) with him assembling the lightsaber with the force......a screwdriver? C'mon! Weaksauce!!!!

I found it. The scene was pretty disappointing compared to some concept images I've seen. With today's technological advances in CGI, you'd thing they'd just CG Hamill's face (or at least part of it) with him assembling the lightsaber with the force......a screwdriver? C'mon! Weaksauce!!!!

seriously, at least put a little sonic on that screwdriver.

Yeah the scene,s sh*t, but luv the reveal lightsaber prop that coming out!!

:lol: :lol: excellent lightsaber umbrella Solscud007!!!

Can the umbrella open with the fx?, that would be funny, you,d be a hit at a convention!!

Edited by troyness

Yeah the scene,s sh*t, but luv the reveal lightsaber prop that coming out!!

:lol: :lol: excellent lightsaber umbrella Solscud007!!!

Can the umbrella open with the fx?, that would be funny, you,d be a hit at a convention!!

It can if I time the button with opening the umbrella.

The worst is the Anakin with the placement of it's control box. Luke is one of the best. At least the MR ones. They should definitely do more leather or cloth wrappings on the grips, you'd think.

I guess most jedi/sith would suffer carpal tunnel/tendonitis from fighting with lightsabers..and use the force to rehabilitate their forearms :lol: ...except Darth Vader.

Oh, can I play? :D This is my go to saber, it was made by JGJSabers and uses a Crystal Focus Saber Core (V5) sound board, and has a Green Rebel for the main LED. As you can see in the last picture, it's very evenly lit, even though it's being lit from the emitter and there's no LED string in the blade.

And yes, it's a long hilt, 14 inches, but the balance point is around the third black ring down from the emitter. This makes the saber very fast even one handed, but you can really put some power behind a two handed swing due to the hilt length.

My second saber is a saber from one of the characters in the Star Wars novels, Corran Horn. In the novel "I, Jedi", he builds his lightsaber from a speeder bike handle and other used parts. Madcow of Genesis Custom Sabers, designed this hilt in a very limited run of 11, and his video for it can be seen here:

Attached are pics of mine, #2 of the 11 that were made. There was the option to either have it clean or weathered, and since it was described in the novel that the parts were all used parts, I opted for the weathered version.

The saber is using a lessor version of the Crystal Focus sound board, called a Petite Crouton. You can only put one sound font on the micro SD card at a time, rather than the 6 saber sound fonts you can put on the Crystal Focus sound board's SD card. Still an awesome board none the less. I'll post a video of what my green saber can do later today.

-Kyp

post-4560-0-77331300-1308487529_thumb.jpg

post-4560-0-95183400-1308487557_thumb.jpg

post-4560-0-95255700-1308487595_thumb.jpg

post-4560-0-17981000-1308487613_thumb.jpg

post-4560-0-56692800-1308487778_thumb.jpg

post-4560-0-11484300-1308488268_thumb.jpg

post-4560-0-32651200-1308488283_thumb.jpg

post-4560-0-10993800-1308488300_thumb.jpg

post-4560-0-24293400-1308488333_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kyp Durron