More Shadow Force news

I don't mind CG mecha if they are done well, like in Macross Zero, but the CG here just looked bad, like about 3 generations behind that of Macross Zero. There was very little surface texture to the mecha and ships. They just looked too CG IMO and not believable.

I agree with this and it is spot on what I thought about Vandread when I first watched it. I had a friend in another room ask me "What the hell are you watching" the first time I had it on, my response was "A cartoon with ishtty CG and big-boobied girls." I ended up really liking the show though. Honestly, if I like a show and want more of it I'm really okay with them not making it flashy. I would have much rather had five more episodes of MacrossZero to help develop the story better at the expense of some of its flash.

I really would have prefered the mecha and ships to be traditional cell animation though, not CG.

I don't mind CG mecha if they are done well, like in Macross Zero, but the CG here just looked bad, like about 3 generations behind that of Macross Zero. There was very little surface texture to the mecha and ships. They just looked too CG IMO and not believable.

364241[/snapback]

Yeh, I noticed that too. The It's not the cleanest CG. Some of the edges look a little too sharp as well.

Looks like a PS1 cutscene.  :rolleyes:

364249[/snapback]

Har har. You obviously haven't played any PS1 games in a while.

I assumed he meant pre-rendered cutscenes. At which point system power is totally irrelevant. It's just a way to date the production value.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the trailer didn't look quite as bad as I was expecting and I wouldn't mind giving the whole thing a try when it's released.

364241[/snapback]

Sue Graham

364206[/snapback]

Hang on, why do they want to sue me? I never did any harm to them, well not much anyway.

Graham

364243[/snapback]

Note to self: Decline any offers to be in videos Graham films, as it will probably just so he can get good shots of Invid killing me.

Futurama had better CG (I miss futurama....)

364352[/snapback]

Southpark's use of CG is better. :lol:

If that is the quality of their CG then they should have went with cell work. All the vehicles are simple in design and don't seem to be doing that in much complex moves. A bunch of square shapes. I didn't like that CG was used in Macross Zero either but it looked like was used the right way.

Macross Zero CG absolutely destroys this.  But I will wait and see how it turns out.

364788[/snapback]

I'll need to see more footage but yeah M0's first shot of Roy switching to Battloid was amazing to see. The CG is so well done it almost fools you to think its cell. M0 set the bar pretty high to beat imo. So far Shadow Chronicles doesn't look like it has gotten close.

While I still think the CG has much to be desired it has actually improved a good deal from the last clip I saw. I still think it clashes with the cel animation to the point of drawing too much attention to itself but at least it's not as bad as it used to be.

I'm still of the opinion that if this show is free (broadcast or on cable) I'll watch it but if I have to buy it then I'm still in the "no thanks" crowd. It's one thing to see it free on TV and not like it, it's another thing all together to have to pay $20 for it and then not like it.

It'd be a blessing if they just charged $20. Have there been any developments as of late? I don't forsee this project ever seeing daylight...

I don't forsee this project ever seeing daylight...

That seems like crazy talk at this point. If this is all just smoke and mirrors they're spending a lot of money on the smoke. Who knows what will come out of this but certainly something will... even if it's only a half hour OVA that costs you $20 or is thrown in as an extra on the next RT boxset.

Right now it seems decent but being that Robotech 3000 never got off the ground much, I dunno. This is BY far a ton farther than robotech 3000 got, and already looks like it is way better than sentinels(then again sentinels was horrible so....anything probably is better...haha).

Eh well for their sake I hope it turns out at least decent. Maybe it will turn out good. If it turns the msrp of the MPC's down then bravo!

From IMDB.com

Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles (2005)

Production Notes/Status:

Comments: 

Status Updated: 27 January 2006

From Harmony Gold's own catalogue:

s_robotechshadowchronicles.jpg

Run time: 88 min.

unrated

Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles

The greatest animated saga of a generation continues!

Screenplay by: Ford Riley and Frank Agrama

Directed by: Tommy Yune and Dong-Wook Lee

Finally after 20 years, ROBOTECH is back with a vengence!

In the year 2044 AD, the human race has reached out to the stars through the miracle of ROBOTECHNOLOGY, but not without bringing intergalactic war upon the Earth itself.

A heroic cast of returning characters led by SCOTT BERNARD and VINCE GRANT fight to end a decades-long struggle against an enigmatic alien race known as the INVID. However, the mysterious disappearance of the legendary ADMIRAL HUNTER will unfold in a treacherous mystery that could tear apart our young heroes and threaten their very survival!

Featuring the voices of Mark Hamill (Star Wars) and Chase Masterson (Star Trek: Deep Space 9), ROBOTECH: THE SHADOW CHRONICLES features cutting edge CG animation beautifully composited with vibrant anime characters. Leaping forward beyond the original series, the heightened production values showcase high-definition video, 5.1 digital surround sound, and an incredible musical score performed by the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra.

This is the first any of us have heard of Dong-Wook Lee. Anyone know if he is someone at Dr. Movie?

Oh that's right. Is this another collection I have to throw myself into? Dollars to doughnuts that it gets cancelled midway like the Sentinels...

Hey remember that fake Robotech live action movie that someone made with our suggestions here.

Mark Hamil was billed to play Exedore. We deserve our 10% cut of his salary for casting!

Mr. Hamil can send his check of $6.74 to Macrossworld.

yup, that's him exaclty.

perhaps next you can perform your charlie chan impersonation next?

366891[/snapback]

You mean....the one where I kick everybody's ass and impress the heck out of the dumb white chick-costar?

• 1 month later...