More Shadow Force news

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting clip. Took me a second time viewing to realise that is the SDF-3 in the beginning of the reel, apparently space folded outside the galaxy proper. I'm guessing the oblong ships are those of the new enemy. The ships look vaguely Zentraedi. Maybe the Disciples of Zor after all?

Anyone else notice the Alpha's gunpod is now capable of rapid-fire bursts?

So anyone up for a game of Starblade Alpha?

(I know out of context)

This looks promising, can't wait for it to be rehashed from H.G.'s Robotech to Mospeada 21 by Tatsu. :)

(with the script and names of the characters/ships to fit it)

Anyone else notice the Alpha's gunpod is now capable of rapid-fire bursts?

342822[/snapback]

Always was, just they seem to favor the more powerful single shots (all three barrels firing as one) with only a couple of places in Mospeada/New Gen with bursts.

Meh to the CG. Not because it's especially bad, but just because I'm not a fan of CG mechanicals that aren't cel shaded mixed with cell art unless it's especially well done. The shading on the ships and alpha look like something out of a video game. And bugs me why they couldn't have stuck more closely Mospaeda's style. The character animation isn't too bad though.

Yeah, though it had no sound, that brief dog fight wasn't bad at all.

342764[/snapback]

Not sure why, maybe the darkness, but it totally reminded me of DYRL.

Meh to the CG.  Not because it's especially bad, but just because I'm not a fan of CG mechanicals that aren't cel shaded mixed with cell art unless it's especially well done.  The shading on the ships and alpha look like something out of a video game.  And bugs me why they couldn't have stuck more closely Mospaeda's style.  The character animation isn't too bad though.

342950[/snapback]

Agreed, pretty much word for word on the CG.

I don't mind the style change on the characters, though. Amano is Amano, and they're not going to top that without bringing Amano on board. It's probably better that they go with their own thing rather than try to imitate a class act like Amano.

I'll reserve judgement until I see how big Scott's hands are.

343003[/snapback]

That is everything to me as well. Other than the potential of Gredo shooting first.

looking more than decent right now.. I hope those models of the capital ships haven't had their final tedxtures put in because they're look a little Last Starfighter-ish to me right now.

dog fight sequence was pretty good though I'm not a big fan of the zoom in on the main character and make the fight a blur school of thought.

looking more than decent right now.. I hope those models of the capital ships haven't had their final tedxtures put in because they're look a little Last Starfighter-ish to me right now.

dog fight sequence was pretty good though I'm not a big fan of the zoom in on the main character and make the fight a blur school of thought.

343161[/snapback]

damn... you guys cant tell they haven't laid the textures on those models? some of them are straight out gray...

big noses though... big freakin noses.

Ok, I went into the clip with an open-mind, even though I come from the RT side of the table.

The designs continue to remain unimpressive. Where the frig's the detail at? Have they no clue.

The OVER THE TOP usage of CG for everything except the backgrounds is gonna kill this effort. The charaters are TOTALLY CG and use the Maya's toon-like shaders (poorly at that). The only things I'm not sure about is if they're mo-cap'ed or not.

The camera work is pretty standard stuff, but not poor either.

The action is clearly an attempt to capture the flavor of Macross Zero. HAHAHAHAHA! Not a fricking chance.

Overall, currently, it looks like RoboTech 3000 V2.0.

Actually, after watching that clip I was suprised out how decent it looked. Compared to the Sentinels movie, that clip was actually watchable. I'm going to keep an open mind and reserve judgement for the final product. An actual finished trailer with voice and music completed would go a long way to selling this on me.

343161[/snapback]

damn... you guys cant tell they haven't laid the textures on those models? some of them are straight out gray...

big noses though... big freakin noses.

343225[/snapback]

I thought maybe that grey was "shadow force armor" or some such. it's not like there's a huge difference between un textured grey and that shadow alpha. hah :lol:

Doesn't it strike anyone funny that it's already November and for something that was promised to come out this year, this is still that far in pre production? Isn't this to come out for the 20th Anniversary of Robotech?

I guess it shouldn't strike anyone funny, since it's so typical.

Where the hell is MGREXX anyway? Don't tell me he finally bitched out on us. What a little weasel.