Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

13 hours ago, treatment said:

Kinda funny. 

The Yammie Kaki's only went up to ludicrous-level scalper pricing rather recently. 

Prolly about after ten years or so of being continuously bargain-binned in every import shops since original release.

I expect somebody/ies will be hyping up this Kaki-DX as some sort of a "must-have grail" soon.

To unload their multiple Kaki-buys at a significan profiteering...

:bump:

I lucked out with my Kakizaki Yamato 1/48 a few years ago without paying a scalper price. Like many it wasn't on my Wish list. Then again for a complete Skull Squad you need Kakizaki. B))

Correct me if I'm wrong but the VF-11C & Low Vis 1/48 Navy scheme were both shelf warmers for years right? Because those two go for big bucks now. 

Edited by 505thAirborne
1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

I lucked out my Kakizaki Yamato 1/48 a few years ago without paying a scalper price. Like many it wasn't on my Wish list. Then again for a complete Skull Squad you need Kakizaki. B))

Correct me if I'm wrong but the VF-11C & Low Vis 1/48 Navy scheme were both shelf warmers for years right? Because two go for big bucks now. 

yeah the 11c and VT-1 were in the bargain bin and clearance for so long. No one wanted either of them.

2 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

I lucked out my Kakizaki Yamato 1/48 a few years ago without paying a scalper price. Like many it wasn't on my Wish list. Then again for a complete Skull Squad you need Kakizaki. B))

Correct me if I'm wrong but the VF-11C & Low Vis 1/48 Navy scheme were both shelf warmers for years right? Because two go for big bucks now. 

I felt the same way, didn't have much of a desire to get Kakizaki until recently.  Something about having a complete Skull Squad.

Not 1/48, but I would like to replicate this in 1/48:

IMG_20200701_135151.jpg

Maybe just OD'd on Hikaru and Roy Valks, so feel the need to get a Kakizaki

IMG_20200706_010603.jpg

19 minutes ago, peter said:

I felt the same way, didn't have much of a desire to get Kakizaki until recently.  Something about having a complete Skull Squad.

Not 1/48, but I would like to replicate this in 1/48:

IMG_20200701_135151.jpg

Maybe just OD'd on Hikaru and Roy Valks, so feel the need to get a Kakizaki

IMG_20200706_010603.jpg

Who's going to give us a VF-1 toy with three wing pylons like this someday?

Edited by Slave IV

I was a fool to pass on the kaki preorder. I was in one of my “better pay the bills” phases. Didn’t last long. I’m hoping won’t be hard to get a week after release. 

27 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

I was a fool to pass on the kaki preorder. I was in one of my “better pay the bills” phases. Didn’t last long. I’m hoping won’t be hard to get a week after release. 

Me too.  Guess I better start paying more attention to this thread to see when I should be standing by to order one.

4 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

0.o

definitely pay the bills before spending money on Macross!

6 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

1 hour ago, jeniusornome said:

0.o

definitely pay the bills before spending money on Macross!

Maybe the said bills are Macross related as well. :p

In case anyone needs a lightly used 1J and SSP and Missiles, this isn't a bad deal when you use the 5000 yen off in coupons for shipping (assuming this is the first thing you got through Mercari via Buyee) probably have it all in hand under $550 shipped.

https://buyee.jp/mercari/item/m58503816448?mrc1=mail&mrc2=mercari_search&mrc3=new_items&_=aDhNUThrSFJjUkZuZnNjZVBGelN2b1BqNVE2U3dGQnZyVnprem9nUklTNFM1ZHZCVytrb3BPanFrUVorQWw2aw==

13 minutes ago, RedComet said:

In case anyone needs a lightly used 1J and SSP and Missiles, this isn't a bad deal when you use the 5000 yen off in coupons for shipping (assuming this is the first thing you got through Mercari via Buyee) probably have it all in hand under $550 shipped.

https://buyee.jp/mercari/item/m58503816448?mrc1=mail&mrc2=mercari_search&mrc3=new_items&_=aDhNUThrSFJjUkZuZnNjZVBGelN2b1BqNVE2U3dGQnZyVnprem9nUklTNFM1ZHZCVytrb3BPanFrUVorQWw2aw==

Does it come with the special flight stand? It's not mentioned in the description.

5 hours ago, weiser21 said:

Does it come with the special flight stand? It's not mentioned in the description.

I was wrong. looks like it does.

Edited by sqidd

buyee auto converts the currency to country of origin of payment, I usually get a better conversion rate from Capital One.

2 units of Hikaru's 1s for grabs

(1) 24k yen (Opened, package damaged)  

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1145174419&ref=list&keyword=%E3%83%9E%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B9&lang=en

(2) 25k yen (same condition as above)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1145848209&ref=doc&keyword=%E3%83%9E%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B9&lang=en 

Edit: 2 units of the DX missiles are listed as well. 

Edited by borgified

There's a VF-1S for sale by an MWer for $280, seller will split shipping cost as well.

Edited by weiser21
On 8/20/2020 at 12:00 AM, ErikElvis said:

Macross IS a bill.:lol:

I always order at least two of any DX as a safety net.  (Worked really well when I received a damaged Hikkie 1S but the other was fine.)  Assuming the first Kaki I open is in perfect shape, I'll have a sealed one that I will sell at cost.  I'll post in the sales thread when that time comes and notify this thread when I do.

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I always order at least two of any DX as a safety net.  (Worked really well when I received a damaged Hikkie 1S but the other was fine.)  Assuming the first Kaki I open is in perfect shape, I'll have a sealed one that I will sell at cost.  I'll post in the sales thread when that time comes and notify this thread when I do.

And on that note, my extra one is spoken for now - as a heads up.

Hi, I'm a long-time Macross collector.  I have almost all of the Yamato 1/48 valkyries and didn't bother to get the 1/60 versions.  Since getting the Arcadia YF-19 several years back, I've taken a break from collecting.  I recently got a Bandai DX Max VF-1A and it is amazing.  It feels so solid and I love the paint work.  I'm looking to get a Bandai DX DYRL Kakizaki VF-1A that will be released anytime now but I missed the pre-order.  Any suggestions on where to purchase?  I see Nin-Nin-Game has it in stock but it's about $280 US.  Just wondering if there are any cheaper recommended options.  Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, vf1 said:

Hi, I'm a long-time Macross collector.  I have almost all of the Yamato 1/48 valkyries and didn't bother to get the 1/60 versions.  Since getting the Arcadia YF-19 several years back, I've taken a break from collecting.  I recently got a Bandai DX Max VF-1A and it is amazing.  It feels so solid and I love the paint work.  I'm looking to get a Bandai DX DYRL Kakizaki VF-1A that will be released anytime now but I missed the pre-order.  Any suggestions on where to purchase?  I see Nin-Nin-Game has it in stock but it's about $280 US.  Just wondering if there are any cheaper recommended options.  Thanks in advance.

Get it during release week as secondary stores will have it stock during or try the for Sales thread. 

1 minute ago, borgified said:

Get it during release week as secondary stores will have it stock during or try the for Sales thread. 

Bit different for Kakizaki, since that was a TWE, rather than retail release.

Still, keep an eye on yahoo japan auctions and Amazon Japan.

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

And on that note, my extra one is spoken for now - as a heads up.

Darn.  I was waiting for you to post it to PM you.  If there's anybody else that preorders multiples and is planning on doing the same please let me know or PM me.  Thanks, guys.

26 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Darn.  I was waiting for you to post it to PM you.  If there's anybody else that preorders multiples and is planning on doing the same please let me know or PM me.  Thanks, guys.

Word.  Yeah someone jumped at it right away.  But I'm sure there will be opportunities.  @Sanity is Optional mentioned that he generally has the same approach (though didn't for Kaki,) and I'm sure we're not the only two that operate this way.

1 hour ago, vf1 said:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/41210-list-of-online-stores-where-to-buy-macross-toys/

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask who still has their VF-1 Strike Parts from NY waiting to be shipped? 

Edited by Saburo