Received the two antennas for the Hayate 31J today and they look good as a replacement. The first version is a straight one just like the original, the second one goes nicer against the fuselage. 

I also made a steel version but it didn't fit well because it was too hard and heavy. 

IMG_9624.JPG

IMG_9630.JPG

IMG_9631.JPG

IMG_9632.JPG

IMG_9633.JPG

IMG_9640.JPG

IMG_9637.JPG

Yeah, I just always find myself catching my fingers against the antenna, and wishing it laid flat like the VF-25G.  I haven't installed the lasers on my models because I don't want to snap them off.

The VF-19 Advance has that issue too, the laser sticks up too far to be of any use directly rearward.  It's pretty much entirely because of the way Bandai redesigned the shield too.  If it was the proper distance away from the head, there'd be plenty of room to lay it back further.

8 hours ago, Sandman said:

Almost jumped on that. Luckily i took a second to think about it. A little too expensive at this time i think. 

Yeah it's a bummer about that price, they actually tack on a finder's fees on that for the auction site to take a cut, plus shipping on top.

Does anyone know what are the odds of getting one on release with the JPN MSRP?

9 hours ago, Sheky said:

Yeah it's a bummer about that price, they actually tack on a finder's fees on that for the auction site to take a cut, plus shipping on top.

Does anyone know what are the odds of getting one on release with the JPN MSRP?

Not great. I was hunting for a while but finally caved and got one at NY for 25000 plus shipping. 

3 hours ago, IXTL said:

DX VF-31F to be released on 22 Apr.

http://tamashii.jp/item/11671/

Picture1.jpg

Hope that Yellow Submarine can deliver this PO soon as my first purchase from them. ^_^

Kind of weird since I didn't secure the initial PO's of this and now I have to worry payment for the third one. Hehehe. :lol:

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, IXTL said:

http://tamashii.jp/special/macross/vf-31/#vf31c

https://twitter.com/t_features/status/847345740930179072/

Like the previous DX VF-31 releases, Mirage will come with her Walkure partner Makina in pilot figure form.

IMG_2913.JPG

That red is really worrying for me.

I want Mirage's VF-31, but I also want it to be purple like in the show.

I'm going to try pre-ordering when it goes live though, with the hopes that the final product is purple.

57 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Did someone from Arcadia quit to go work at Bandai? That color is so off in a way that only Arcadia could have managed.  :p

Might also explain the pinkish HMR Tomahawk prototype lol

Edited by ArchieNov

It seems to depend a lot on the angle the picture was taken from, the lighting, the camera, etc. Different pictures from that same display show a bunch of different colors. Sometimes it looks pink, sometimes, red, even within differently-lighted sections of the same picture.

4 hours ago, Sildani said:

Makina is included? Wonder if the stand will be reinforced to accommodate the extra weight of her figure. 

Hahaha! :lol: 

photo-5552.gif

Too bad she will only come in pilot suit inside the canopy. No stand needed though. Hehehe. ^_^ 

3 hours ago, valhary said:

I see pink not red:huh:

Captura de pantalla 2017-03-30 a la(s) 11.31.40.png

PO cancelled. Wrong shade of Grey. :ph34r: