DX Chogokin YF-29B Percival

IXTL

The difference is about $40 to Canada, and they only allow the registered SAL option so it is trackable and insured. The chance of a package getting taxed (15% + $5 fee) by our custom is also around 10% with SAL v.s. 95% with EMS.

ahhh ok. So they are more likely to tax you on a parcel imported with EMS rather than SAL.. that's harsh. But if you can get tracking and insurance on an SAL parcel then more than makes up for it.

Im glad Australian Customs aren't so fussed on most stuff I buy in.. have been taxed on a few things over the years but never anything to do with my Macross purchase thankfully enough!

After I emailed them, CDjapan checked the size and allows SAL on YF-29B now.

Thanks to you, I spend my whole work day, looking and thinking, adding to cart, and thinking some more.. i still can't decide. I don't need another yf-29, but the price is really good. arghh.. maybe after dinner.

Thanks to you, I spend my whole work day, looking and thinking, adding to cart, and thinking some more.. i still can't decide. I don't need another yf-29, but the price is really good. arghh.. maybe after dinner.

For that price its hard to not want another! But as nice as the YF-29 is, its one Valkyrie I just don't think I need any doubles of.. -_-

Bandai has totally brainwashed us. Even though i have 3 i'm tempted to pick up another just because it's available. Since Bandai stuff is not usually available to buy at your convenience when they do become available you feel have to quickly grab it.

They've trained us well.

Even I feel compelled to get another one at that price and the last thing I need is yet another YF-29.

Bandai has totally brainwashed us. Even though i have 3 i'm tempted to pick up another just because it's available. Since Bandai stuff is not usually available to buy at your convenience when they do become available you feel have to quickly grab it.

They've trained us well.

Even I feel compelled to get another one at that price and the last thing I need is yet another YF-29.

All we need is discipline. Need to resist the temptation. Hahaha! :lol:

By the way, I'm curious, since you guys have 2 or 3 YF-29s. Displayed in their respective 3 modes, still what are you planning to do with a fourth one? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Weirdly enough David, I have not heard of an announcement which baffles me. Normally Bandai milks us for all the add on parts.

Maybe that is a sign that the production of Macross Delta merchandise is in full swing and we won't get any more Frontier releases.

I have now joined the yf-29 club.

Just couldn't resist the previous cdj firesale on it...

Yeah, it was a awesome price, I used all my mental power to not click on the last button, with it on my cart for a couple of days. It they didn't also have the Gunbuster sale, I wouldn't have been able to resist the yf-29 price.

Hey! Would anyone how one goes about getting a replacement canard for this toy? I got mine off E-bay and it arrived with it's right canard missing. Seller says to send it back but don't really want to wait 1 1/2 months for a new toy when perhaps there's a way to get this part (I'll pay for it if I have to) thanks for any input!

Hey! Would anyone how one goes about getting a replacement canard for this toy? I got mine off E-bay and it arrived with it's right canard missing. Seller says to send it back but don't really want to wait 1 1/2 months for a new toy when perhaps there's a way to get this part (I'll pay for it if I have to) thanks for any input!

Sad to say there isn't any. Direct Japanese companies customer services is only limited for them locally. So if you're outside Japan, there's zero chances that you will get an original replacement part to it. The only solution if you're outside Japan is 3D printing. Though you need to match the paint afterwards. However, if you purchased those from HLJ since they have the best customer service for a Japanese store out there, there's a big chance that they can replace it as long that you sent the item back to them though you have to pay the return shipping somehow. If not, they might do store credit.

My advice is, just return it to the seller for a refund or exchange it if he offers any since he already told you so. But just make sure that you ask him to take some photos of a 'complete' set before he ships out the replacement Valk. Hope that helps. :)

Thats sure sucks! Sorry to hear you received a defective product. As Noel said are options or could you just pull off the other side canard and see how it looks? Though personally id too prefer have it replaced. Hope you can sort something out.

I have tried straightening them out several times (without being too forceful of course) but they always seem to bend back to their original shape.. It sucks that Bandai didn't include hard plastic optional parts like they did with other DX Valks?

yes is a little annoying.. :rolleyes: