DX Chogokin YF-29B Percival

IXTL

So I got mine in nd... man she's pretty! i havent had a chance to transform it yet, but just every colour on this thing is gorgeous. It's a great looking toy!

So the pilots name is Ron Balter or somesuch yes? He's the main anti-hero guy? The Guld to Leon's Isamu?

Pretty close. They both knew the same girl, and were friends as a trio. Girl died.

Yup. Rod Baltmer is the antagonist. Though he is related somehow to Leon Sakaki which is the protagonist on the game. Rod is the boyfriend of Mia Sakaki which is Leon's younger sister. Rod got upset about Leon regarding Mia's death.

Here's the rest:

YF-29B_Rod_GERWALK_02.jpg

Love it MacrossJunkie. :wub:

So I thought I'd do some more display reshuffling work to my Macross collection today. I went to change mode and setup a pose for my Percival and the first thing I noticed is that both ankle joints are crazy loose and floppy. :wacko:

So much so that Battroid mode is simply out of the question! I didn't have the mental strength or will to start pulling the thing apart and attempt to tighten up but I was able to find a decent pose in Gerwalk which will do for now. -_-

Also the right arm joint above the elbow is pretty loose too and it can only just hold up the weight of the gun pod. <_<

Still I do love the thing but to see such loose joints pretty much straight out of the box is quite disappointing to say the least. :angry:

So I thought I'd do some more display reshuffling work to my Macross collection today. I went to change mode and setup a pose for my Percival and the first thing I noticed is that both ankle joints are crazy loose and floppy. :wacko:

So much so that Battroid mode is simply out of the question! I didn't have the mental strength or will to start pulling the thing apart and attempt to tighten up but I was able to find a decent pose in Gerwalk which will do for now. -_-

Also the right arm joint above the elbow is pretty loose too and it can only just hold up the weight of the gun pod. <_<

Still I do love the thing but to see such loose joints pretty much straight out of the box is quite disappointing to say the least. :angry:

For the loose arms, I find that simply re-tightening the screw on the bottom of the shoulder block does the trick.

If not, then just unscrew that one screw, pop the arm out and dab a little superglue in the socket. Wait for it to try and put the arm back in and screw the screw back in. After working the arm around a bit, if you find a loose position, hold it in that position and tighten the screw further.

this is the best I could do.. its not very good but it was a balancing act between tipping over forward or backward.. I had the top cannons on a better angle but bumped them taking the photo and forgot to correct it.. -_-

20150816_142931.jpg

Spanner, looking at the pic makes me want to eat Ube (Purple Yam) Ice Cream. ^_^

post-5552-0-49879000-1439751642_thumb.jpg

It's Purple Yam. We called it Ube in Tagalog. And for some reasons, everyone back in the Philippines love it. Along with Queso (Cheese) flavor too. ^_^

If you stumble to an Asian market somewhere there, grab a pint one. You'll never regret it. ;)

so what does Purple Yam actually taste similar to?

Hmmm. It's hard to say when you just asked about the Purple Yam itself. By itself, I don't remember what it taste like since we always eat Ube in various forms such as in Ice Cream, in Cake form, or just in preserved yam form. This is looks like mashed potato in purple color. It tastes sweet and yummy ofcourse in those various forms that I mentioned. ;)

Let's wait for other Filipinos here that can best describe Ube by itself. But I assure you, you'll never go wrong with Ube Ice Cream. ;)

I like how this valk has evoked the desire to eat ice cream! Haha! :p

Yeah, Ube's taste is hard to describe. Personally, I like it better with Halo-halo. (Pinoy version of the Kakigori, I guess)

How about chili ice cream or crocodile ice cream? I swear those are real... :ph34r:

Dammit no3ljm, you had to mention ube ice cream. Now I have to go buy some Ube Ice Cream and some Ube Halaya. :lol:

Hahaha! :lol: And here I am waiting for you to explain it better to Spanner and now you also made me to want to eat Ube Halaya as well. ;)

ahhh! wiki to the rescue! thanks for the link!

Well it kinda looks and sounds alright! especially if some of the ingredients are coconut milk or condensed milk! yum to both! :D

Hey Spanner, promise us that you're going to try this. You're really going to like it. Esp if it's homemade. ;)

I will try the purple yam ice cream some time soon for sure but today I was kinda desperate when I got home for anything ice cream after all this talk so after I left work I bought a Macca's apple pie through the drive thru (whilst on my bike which I haven't done in a long time!) and had that with a few scoops of vanilla hokey pokey and a drizzle of pure maple syrup! It was divine! :o:D

so what does Purple Yam actually taste similar to?

Other than having a funky color they're just sweet potatoes. They aren't limited to the Philippines, they grow wild in Hawaii as well (as a matter of fact you can buy them at Natural Grocers here in Albuquerque too.) Whatever these Ube recipes are, they're just specific ways the Filipino's would prepare them, like here in the states we've probably just bury it in butter and cinnamon/sugar (though I'm not sure why you would want to cover up the natural flavor as they're amazing by themselves.)

Edited by Mommar