DX Chogokin YF-29B Percival

IXTL

Well... technically it's all your fault Noel! The funky icecream talk started up when you posted the purple yam pic! ;) hehe!

@chyll2 ubercival LOL! =D

Wait, are we pointing fingers now? You posted the UBE colored Perceval first. Hahaha! :lol:

Wait, are we pointing fingers now? You posted the UBE colored Perceval first. Hahaha! :lol:

:D hehe! this may be true but after the ice cream topic came up the discussion about the Percival itself swiftly ended! LOL! :lol:

Its all good and im glad the Ube was brought to my attention! Always wanting to try new things especially when it comes to foods! ^_^

@#$*!!! After a substantial wait to get my YF-29B (almost 4 weeks), I missed the delivery. I swear, more often than not, registered SAL is more nerve-wrecking than regular SAL... the tracking status never updated past the per-shipment phase -- had me worried --until, all of a sudden, it listed as out-for-delivery, and I wasn't around to receive it; had it been non-registered, I wouldn't have been able to fret over the lack of updates and the package would've been left at my door... now I have to make a trip to the post office or reschedule the delivery... :angry:<_<:mellow::rolleyes:

finally mine arrived, being expecting it since last week.

i must say im impressed, this is the most beatiful valk i ever seen, the paint jobs its excellent. Im just so happy i got it!

post-30636-0-48507400-1439851934_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr Bomber

So tempted to get a second one... Only $130! That's like $70 less than what I paid for my first 29 (damn the high yen back then).

in a way im tempted as I have nearly 9k yen in CDJ rewards points which I need to burn before the eventually expire but not so sure I want another.. unless I sold it on for a profit but I really don't like doing that as re-selling something from Australia any profits usually get absorbed by shipping costs back to overseas.. fail.

If only CDJ had something else interesting for sale I could buy instead..

Edited by spanner76

I finally figured out what the paint scheme reminds me of: Japanese F-2 attack aircraft. That price is amazing too. Must remember I only collect CF's. And prototypes.

Beautiful photo mate! Stunning as always! B))

Thanks spanner!

Curious at what new camera gear you got, Saburo?

Photo looks nice, could use a touch of ice cream. Kidding! :p

I got a shutter remote and some filters for my lenses. :D

Sorry I didn't have any macapuno ice cream in the freezer. :lol:

@saburo not only are you tempting me to get more valks but also more photo gear :rolleyes::rolleyes:

......no worries...keep on shooting! B))

Those are both excellent choices. Get a valk to take pics of or get photo gear to take pics of valks, its a win win! :D

Where are you located, Saburo? I thought macapuno ice cream is only available here in the Philippines. Is it being sold in other countries as well?

I am in Seattle, we have a a few Asian grocery stores and Seafood City that carry it here. I also grew up in Hawaii and I could find it there too. :D

Those are some nice looking jets! Aren't they F-16s?

Essentially they are.. They are based on the F-16 and built in Japan by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. A joint venture between Lockheed Martin and MHI.

Japanese military aircraft get all the great color schemes. B))

Yeah they have some really jazzy paint jobs on some of their jets!

Edited by spanner76

Are they real production paintjobs on actual operational jets? Damn!!!

Also, new to all these Chogokin things... what does "DX-chogokin" mean or refer too?

What scale are these? 1/60 or 1/72?

Also, new to all these Chogokin things... what does "DX-chogokin" mean or refer too?

These are 1/60 scale.

Per Wikipedia:

Chogokin (超合金 Chōgōkin?, Sometimes Chougokin or Cho-gokin) is Japanese for "Super Alloy" and is a fictitious material which first appeared in Go Nagai's Mazinger Z manga and anime. It was later adopted by Popy in 1972 as the name of a new line of die-cast metal robot and character toys sold in Japan. The first of these toys was the "GA-01" Mazinger Z, which, in spite of questionable engineering that led Popy to offer a free replacement campaign, ignited a craze that changed the face of the Japanese toy industry in the 1970s. Bandai, the parent company of Popy, continues the Chogokin line to this day, branded under their own name.

(Vintage) Chogokin toys were generally produced in ST and or DX sizes. ST is short for "standard" and is usually in the range of 5" in height. DX is short for "deluxe" and is usually much larger. In addition to the larger size, the DX versions usually came with more features such as separating parts and more complex weaponry, usually with launching projectiles.

The use of die-cast metal in mass-market robot toys declined greatly after the 1980s, with PVC and ABS plastic becoming the only materials used in most cases. Chogokin toys produced today are usually fairly expensive, high-quality items aimed at collectors.

Edited by akteon

It's not precise as 1/60 since Bandai never announced that the DX line is 1/60 scaled officially. It's a non-scale line but near since they're close with 1/60 Yamato/Arcadia releases. But take note that even Yamato and Arcadia's 1/60 scaled Valk is not accurate if you checked the actual size compared to the toy. And this is already mentioned in Jenius' anymoon.com website. Hope that helps. ;)

Edited by no3ljm