Bandai DX YF-29 Ozma Lee Coloring

Kanedas Bike

Guest davidwhangchoi

Just paid HLJ for mine. $138.88 before shipping :) I think this is the cheapest Frontier valk ive gotten. Now i need to wait 1 more week for another item and i can ship it out.

how did you get 138.88, you must've had some coupon.

Guest davidwhangchoi

you keep getting these coupons. i want to get shafted as well... no just kidding that sounds wrong

I just got my receipt from HLJ for $154.31 USD (before shipping). Since when do HLJ orders default back to PayPal autopay? I specifically changed payment methods but it doesn't appear to have stuck. The money auto transfers without any chance for review. Could it be a Private Warehouse requirement? :mellow:

Edited by funkymonkeyjavajunky

I just got my receipt from HLJ for $154.31 USD (before shipping). Since when do HLJ orders default back to PayPal autopay? I specifically changed payment methods but it doesn't appear to have stuck. The money auto transfers without any chance for review. Could it be a Private Warehouse requirement? :mellow:

They always ask me after a order (everything goes to the PW first) if I like to pay with auto transfer or without. Maybe you clicked on the auto transfer once and now it is stored as preference. If there isn't a way to change it in your account settings send an email to the HLJ customer service and see if they can change it for you.

Guest davidwhangchoi

it's great that you got the best price out of all of us! i'm glad at least it worked out for you with the yf-29 ozma.

i'm waiting to pay at the last second. why? so that my private warehouse will last a few days longer in case i want to ship this out with another item in july. B))

The gray tones on this 29 are superb -- only way to make it perfect would be a matte finish, but Bandai really screwed up with the oversaturated blue tint on the canopy; it's far too strong and opaque. Why, oh why, couldn't they replicate what they did with Isamu's version?... that too was very blue, but clear enough to see through.

Edited by mechaninac

Honestly, I'm more annoyed by the fact that they decided they needed to paint the engine pods in a metal tone, instead of making them match with the rest of the plane. <_< Still not bad, just looks out of place when the rest of the plane is so nicely matched.

Edited by Chronocidal

The gray tones on this 29 are superb -- only way to make it perfect would be a matte finish, but Bandai really screwed up with the oversaturated blue tint on the canopy; it's far too strong and opaque. Why, oh why, couldn't they replicate what they did with Isamu's version?... that too was very blue, but clear enough to see through.

Agree about the blue on the canopy, it really is too much.

Honestly, I'm more annoyed by the fact that they decided they needed to paint the engine pods in a metal tone, instead of making them match with the rest of the plane. <_< Still not bad, just looks out of place when the rest of the plane is so nicely matched.

I actually like the metallic tones, I think it does well with the color scheme (but then again I'm partial to metallic on just about anything). What stands out to me more than anything are the bright yellow stripes (and the BLUE canopy).

-b.

Quick question. On this picture look at the area where the dark gray of the main fuselage and the light gray of the cockpit interior meet. To me this looks like paint overspray. Does this mean that the entire fuselage is painted in this dark gray color just like on the YF-29 30th Anniversary? Or is it the other way round and the light gray is painted?

1e1e01e0.jpg

That light grey area on the LERX really looks like a mistake. I'd totally remove it if it's light grey paint over dark grey plastic. Hopefully it's not molded light grey and is missing dark grey paint----that's be hard to match and subject to wear during transformation.

As for the overall color----if it was any darker, you couldn't see the black markings at all. It's supposed to be Ozma grey/black/yellow, not stealth pure utter black.