Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Based on the Macross Mecha Manual the Armor Parts are designed to work in atmosphere while the Super Parts aren't.

*looking at my Armored VF-25S in awe* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

:rolleyes:

Is there any explanation why that is? Because the Armored Messiah has the same intake armor than the Super Messiah has. So it would rely entirely on the internal "fuel" storage. Which are much larger than on the Super Parts I assume.

Other then that the Armor Parts look even more non-aerodynamic then the Super Parts.

He also only uses them in Gerwalk, never in fighter whilst in atmosphere.

So he is really slow because it is so bulky right? Never noticed that while watching the show. ^_^

Edited by Scyla

I think both work in atmosphere. Just not in fighter mode.

Ozma, while he uses his armored in atmosphere only used it in Battroid and Gerwalk. So the supers should work the same way too.

This is correct, Luca & Alto are seen taking off with Super packs from inside Island 3 before it gets blown up. They stayed in gerwalk until they were outside.

Guest davidwhangchoi

It looks amazing.

One question though : what are we looking at in that close-up picture of the shoulder/arm mechanism in fighter mode?

It's some sort of cross section on the shoulder I think. The top part looks like the connection point for the shoulder fast pack.

Cool lookin pics, Can't wait for the final color ones.

Looks good... especially from the top, it lessens the thick intake lip (not sure if they actually did anything, I think its just the angle of view). I sure hope this is at the level of execution of the VF-4G - its the best one in my collection from Yamato.

I tried it. The Arcadia stand is a brick. I would be happy if they packed it in with the YF-19, or at least sold it separately. It holds up my VF-19 in all modes. The arm locks in place at all joints, and you have a pivot on the top where you plug in the valk connector, and even that one needs to be removed and reattached as it does not rotate freely. It is more solid than my Yamato launch arm stand.

I do hope they revise the storage covers, though. I have to use a tweezers to lift them up.

LomB1II.jpg

lofjDAJ.jpg

V6vNfae.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti