Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

I'd buy a 1/60 Fz-109 but first Yamato needs to make:

1/60 VF-4

1/60 Phalanx

1/60 Spartan

1/60 MkII Monster

1/60 Glaug

1/60 Nousjadeul Ger (Tv and DYRL?)

1/60 Zentran/Meltran articulated soldiers (TV and DYRL?)

1/60 VF-3000

1/60 VF-5000

1/60 VF-11 MAXL

1/60 VF-11 Drone

And many others...

1) Canopy windows are supposed to be purple, as per Kawamori's instructions.

<_< I can live with it, but I never got the impression of purple from the anime. Ah well, I can live with it. See if I can resist the 17S and wait for the 17D...

I also mentioned to Yamato that quite a few Macrossworld members had been asking about a 1/60 Fz-109.

Hell yeah!

I also mentioned to Yamato that quite a few Macrossworld members had been asking about a 1/60 Fz-109.

Graham

Thanks for that, Graham… But I guess that if you mentioned that it’s because you know they are already working on the v.3 YF-19 and VF-4, don’t you?

An Fz-109 would be nice, but I can't imagine it selling well due to the price likely being very high, possibly more than the VF-17, in addition to being an enemy mecha. Not a design I particularly favor, but I'd still get one if it was well engineered and because of the fact that there are too few enemy mecha.

I'd buy a 1/60 Fz-109 but first Yamato needs to make:

1/60 VF-4

1/60 Phalanx

1/60 Spartan

1/60 MkII Monster

1/60 Glaug

1/60 Nousjadeul Ger (Tv and DYRL?)

1/60 Zentran/Meltran articulated soldiers (TV and DYRL?)

1/60 VF-3000

1/60 VF-5000

1/60 VF-11 MAXL

1/60 VF-11 Drone

And many others...

1/60 Regult!

Purple it is.

post-12283-0-54344900-1320213893_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-46829000-1320213899_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-63365300-1320213910_thumb.jpg

Damn, those screenshots remind me just how much I love the VF-17 and the opening to Macross 7.

I personally think Macross 7 still has the best opening of all the Macross anime and it's still my favourite of the three Macross TV series.

Graham

Thanks for that, Graham… But I guess that if you mentioned that it’s because you know they are already working on the v.3 YF-19 and VF-4, don’t you?

Mah lips are sealed suh.

Graham

And a 1/60 MAXL!

post-12283-0-63365300-1320213910_thumb.j

Check the nose and canopy profile in that pic--seems to be more like the new Yamato than the much-quoted "official lineart".

So, no word yet whether this will include the FAST packs or not? :unsure:

Also, would love to see an updated side profile shot of the fighter before I make any sort of decision.

So, no word yet whether this will include the FAST packs or not? :unsure:

Maybe that's why it costs more? Wishful thinking I'm sure, but would be a nice surprise.

Check the nose and canopy profile in that pic--seems to be more like the new Yamato than the much-quoted "official lineart".

You beat me to it. I noticed that very same thing.

And a 1/60 MAXL!

Yes, that's how the nose and canopy should look like!!

The 1/60 VF-17S is looking very good.

So then the question becomes did Yamato design it so I could attach my fold booster??? Lol

Well, the toy seem to have the hard points for the Super Parts –which are not included according to Yamato’s site specifications- so I hope it also includes some means to attach the fold booster.

There goes my speculation about the super parts being included... I wonder how much that bundle is going to cost us now?

I don’t think there will be a bundle because of the high price. My guessing is Yamato will release the super parts separately just as they did with the Sound Booster for the VF-19Kai.

Wow, the last 2 pics are actually really good. It's looking a lot better than I thought it would.

I think the grey color of the intakes could go a tad darker though.

Edited by Loop

I'm hoping the final product has a more noticeable (not much!) touch of blue in that dark grey shade.

In the show & Macross Mecha Manual, it certainly appears to be more blue than dark grey.

Will be happy either way though, it's looking great. I hope they haven't rushed it for the new-year sales season.

The color is a tough call. Looking at those three pics posted earlier displaying the purple canopy in two of them it looks like it's a flat gray, in the last it looks like there's blue in it. Also the lineart example with the fold booster has a blue tint too. Personally, I don't want the blue. I'd be happy if this gray went darker and closer to black.

Personally I'd like it if it were closer to Ivanov's SV-51 in color, only darker still -- near black even, with a slight blue/purple hue added into the overall tone. Regardless, I may have to skip/postpone purchasing this bird since I find $300.00 plus to be too exorbitant a price for a plastic toy... so many other things where that wad of cash would be better spent. :(