Name the VF-25

Zinjo

Abaddôn (Heb. 'AbadDÔWN): place of destruction, havoc, or ruin

Apollyôn: the Destroyer or Angel of Destruction (more accurately ApolLUôn, or "the one who loosens-away")

Badlander (as in "Frontier")

Blitz or Blitzer (Ger.): lightning

Boondocks or Boondocker (as in "Frontier")

Borderliner (as in "Frontier" & M+)

Brigand

Bushwacker (as in "Frontier")

Freebooter (Dutch vrijbuiter): pirate

Frontiersman (as in "Frontier")

Havoc

Highwayman

Hinterland or Hinterlander (as in "Frontier")

Merc

Outback or Outbacker (as in "Frontier")

Pinnacle (as in "Frontier")

Ravager

Swashbuckler

Threshold (as in "Frontier")

Verger (i.e., "one who goes out on the verge", as in "Frontier")

Zenith (i.e., "highest point")

If not already mentioned, VF-25 Freyjas would be good.

Freyja = mistress of the Valkyries.

from wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freyja

Receiver of half the slain

Freyja receives half of the spirits of warriors who had died bravely in battle. Snorri writes in Gylfaginning (24) that "wherever she rides to battle, she gets half the slain".[47]

Further, from Grímnismál:

The ninth is Fólkvangr, where bright Freyja decrees

where in the hall warriors shall sit:

Some of the fallen belong to her,

And some belong to Odin.

Freyja is also called Eigandi valfalls (Possessor of the slain)[48] and Valfreyja[49], Mistress of the slain and of the Valkyries in general.[16]

In Egil's Saga, Thorgerda (Þorgerðr), threatens to commit suicide in the wake of her brother's death, saying: "I shall not eat until I sup with Freyja". This should be taken to mean that she expected to pass to Freyja's hall upon her death.

Another point of view explains a difference between Odin's Einherjar and Freyja's; the oral tradition, or Óðal property, explains that Odin's warriors are "the offensive", or those who dedicate their life to fighting. Freyja’s warriors are "the defensive", or those who only fight to protect their families, clans or goods. The historian Else Roesdahl noticed that a difference between the two cultures in regards to burials containing weapons. In those in Norway the buried warriors had defensive shields, and in Denmark they had only offensive weapons.[50]

This would go well with the idea that the humans are the good guys wishing for peace defending themselves against alien bad guys who destroyed earth. (which was the original reason global wanted humans to spread themselves to avoid another alien attack which could make them extinct. In other words, the main characters in these stories has always decided to be in the military to protect humanity/girlfriend/families etc from danger, looking for alternative solutions to problems if possible, rather than to be some hero who enjoys the act of killing things or finds his purpose in life only through warring/combat/power. Even Misa who prides herself in being from a military family came to understand the aliens which her dad and the older generation refused to accept.)

VF-25 would be like the equivalent of what the koenig monster is to the MK II monster. It has things that remind you of the old mecha but improved. Either this or Valkyrie II would be best imo. Intimidating-sounding names like "nightmare", "katana" etc should just go to the stealth-themed black valks I reckon.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Just one:

Skanda

I was tempted to submit Agni, but it tends to get butchered more when changed into Japanese phonetics and there's already been a "Fire Valkyrie" ;) . In addition, Skanda has a lot more symbolism and association with Vajra than Agni does. Though, I'm sure Kawamori Shouji could appreciate the origins of both terms.

Edited by sketchley

Just one:

Skanda

I was tempted to submit Agni, but it tends to get butchered more when changed into Japanese phonetics and there's already been a "Fire Valkyrie" ;) . In addition, Skanda has a lot more symbolism and association with Vajra than Agni does. Though, I'm sure Kawamori Shouji could appreciate the origins of both terms.

So what you're saying is that the Vajra are the spear of some being like Indra, the Supreme Hindu God of War and the Heavens?

Yeah, they could definitely get some great story elements if they expand on the Vajra...weaving in elements of the Devas and Asuras...with the Protoculture Stellar Republic.