Hi-Metal R Vermillion Platoon TV VF-1A Max, VF-1A Kakizaki, and VF-1J Hikaru

sh9000

37 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Yamato ONCE AGAIN wins the day over Bandai, OVER ten years ago....:lol:

Makes you wonder. It's not difficult in getting a single tone right these days... especially with colour scanners and all sorts of wonderful machines that recreate the scanned colour in either paint or plastic form... 

8 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

Makes you wonder. It's not difficult in getting a single tone right these days... especially with colour scanners and all sorts of wonderful machines that recreate the scanned colour in either paint or plastic form... 

Bandai doesn't make mistakes. Just ask Bandai.

The blue of the HMR VF-1A TV Max is close to the blue of the DX and close to or exactly the same as the blue of the HMR VF-0S Genius Blue.  If they release a HMR VF-1J Max Revival it will probably be this same blue.

Edited by sh9000

Happen to like the blue that Bandai used for the DX Max. Like Kakizaki's DX green, there appear to be this slightest of metallic undertone that gives off the most delicate of luster under the light.

Hopefully this HMR Max has the same thing, but so far from pics it appears to be missing this element.

3 hours ago, tekering said:

Lolicon is just being facetious, but I couldn't begin to tell you how many times Japanese students have told me "The traffic signal is blue." 🙄

Because it is. :p At least if you grew up Japanese or in Japan.  For those who don't know; apparently different cultures split up colors and hues differently.  There are some videos on YouTube about it if you are curious.  It can get weird.  :crazy:

8 hours ago, tekering said:

Lolicon is just being facetious, but I couldn't begin to tell you how many times Japanese students have told me "The traffic signal is blue." 🙄

Funny you say this. I had a debate with my daughter about this recently... she believes blue, while I say green... but after a closer observation, she's actually right... 

2 minutes ago, Corrinald said:

Afraid to open my Max figures. DHL obliterated the box

Did you fall for the "no signature delivery" scam?  Even if you don't, they still just toss it on your doorstep without a second thought.  I highly doubt they'll do anything to make it right.  But it's not like any other shipper is much better about it.  I work for a large, global company, and we never even bother trying because it's not worth the trouble.  

1 hour ago, Corrinald said:

Afraid to open my Max figures. DHL obliterated the box

IMG_20231122_164837408.jpg

That's horrible! If you got them from AE, you should at least be able to get your shipping cost refunded. My VF-25F Alto Super came like that. AE said talk to DHL since they damaged the package, DHL said talk to AE since they owned the shipment and get them to sign a waiver so DHL could work directly with me. I sent the waiver form to AE but they apparently didn't want to reveal any information about themselves or sign a document, so they finally just offered to refund my shipping cost after they spoke with DHL on their end (not sure if that actually happened). Took about two months of hounding them for the refund, but it finally showed up. FedEx and UPS seem happy to work directly with the person receiving a damaged package. DHL, apparently not so much.

On 11/22/2023 at 6:18 PM, Anasazi37 said:

That's horrible! If you got them from AE, you should at least be able to get your shipping cost refunded. My VF-25F Alto Super came like that. AE said talk to DHL since they damaged the package, DHL said talk to AE since they owned the shipment and get them to sign a waiver so DHL could work directly with me. I sent the waiver form to AE but they apparently didn't want to reveal any information about themselves or sign a document, so they finally just offered to refund my shipping cost after they spoke with DHL on their end (not sure if that actually happened). Took about two months of hounding them for the refund, but it finally showed up. FedEx and UPS seem happy to work directly with the person receiving a damaged package. DHL, apparently not so much.

AE was very responsive and polite. They went right to work filing a claim with DHL and asked if I could do the same in my end. DHL Customer Service told me to have the shipper file a claim, they weren't willing to do anything on my end. I explained that the driver left the package on my porch but claimed I signed for it.

To be fair I have used DHL quite a few times for small overseas shipping and this is the first time damage occurred. 

The toys seem to have miraculously survived but the boxes and clamshells are a lost cause. We will see what AE and DHL work out .

That aside the Max VF-1 looks great. Very happy that Bandai got back to releases in this line.

1 hour ago, Corrinald said:

AE was very responsive and polite. They went right to work filing a claim with DHL and asked if I could do the same in my end. DHL Customer Service told me to have the shipper file a claim, they weren't willing to do anything on my end. I explained that the driver left the package on my porch but claimed I signed for it.

To be fair I have used DHL quite a few times for small overseas shipping and this is the first time damage occurred. 

The toys seem to have miraculously survived but the boxes and clamshells are a lost cause. We will see what AE and DHL work out .

That aside the Max VF-1 looks great. Very happy that Bandai got back to releases in this line.

Same with me: that (so far) was the only time I've had an issue with DHL. Sounds like our DHL customer service experiences were almost identical (they don't want to work with the recipient, just the shipper), but your experience with AE seems better. I will say that they were consistently polite and apologetic, but they kept pushing me to file a claim with DHL. Maybe they've learned that it doesn't work so they just file the claim themselves. I'm betting that they'll at least refund the shipping cost.

DHL dropped Max on my doorstep at 7:35PM tonight. Pretty damn impressive seeing as I got the shipping notification from them Wednesday morning at 7:00AM. Didn't expect to see it till next week with Thanksgiving going on.  No damage to box.  DHL is ALWAYS perfect for me. LOVE the text notification and the digital sign for no signature delivery with them!  100000% better than USPS.🤮