Hi-Metal R Vermillion Platoon TV VF-1A Max, VF-1A Kakizaki, and VF-1J Hikaru

sh9000

On 11/24/2023 at 6:41 PM, derex3592 said:

DHL dropped Max on my doorstep at 7:35PM tonight. Pretty damn impressive seeing as I got the shipping notification from them Wednesday morning at 7:00AM. Didn't expect to see it till next week with Thanksgiving going on.  No damage to box.  DHL is ALWAYS perfect for me. LOVE the text notification and the digital sign for no signature delivery with them!  100000% better than USPS.🤮

Wish I knew how to get the ones near me to do the same, but DHL doesn't even deliver to my location.  They offload the shipment to some third-party courier in the general area, which has absolutely abysmal communication, and does not interact with the main DHL service to manage notifications and delivery schedules, and absolutely will not drop anything off without a signature, no matter how many times I tell DHL to tell them to do it.

49 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Wish I knew how to get the ones near me to do the same, but DHL doesn't even deliver to my location.  They offload the shipment to some third-party courier in the general area, which has absolutely abysmal communication, and does not interact with the main DHL service to manage notifications and delivery schedules, and absolutely will not drop anything off without a signature, no matter how many times I tell DHL to tell them to do it.

That's awful. Those third party folks can be crazy. I'm glad DHL does our delivery. 

On 11/24/2023 at 8:41 PM, derex3592 said:

LOVE the text notification and the digital sign for no signature delivery with them! 

Read the fine print on that no signature delivery bs.  If you do so, you are clearing DHL of ANY AND ALL FAULT for damaged packages.

Now that Max and Kaki have arrived, I've started working on recreating the Breetai attack. Only so much flexibility with the Meptoys Breetai, but I think I can keep working this a bit.

Also- got Bandai'd since my Kaki showed up without one knee.  I just didn't flip it up while tiredly setting these up. lol

May be an image of vulture and toy

Edited by vladykins

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

Also- got Bandai'd since my Kaki showed up without one knee. 

Not sure what you mean, since he definitely has both there?  Unless you had to make a repair, and you mean you had to glue the leg together, it just looks like the kneecap got stuck closed.

Edited by Chronocidal

5 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Not sure what you mean, since he definitely has both there?  Unless you had to make a repair, and you mean you had to glue the leg together, it jus looks like the kneecap got stuck closed.

lol I noticed that after I posted- probably should have come back to edit that. 

I blame early morning excitement before coffee. 

I finally received the Hikaru 1J Armored & Max 1A. On opening, it struck me how bright the whites are, and my mind immediately goes back to the old-school clothes detergent commercials. These new TV valks will be the brilliant whites after wash, whilst the older HMRs are the dull whites before. :p

In fact, I reckon these whites are probably the whitest of any toy in Macross history..

Taking Max out of the Tamashii brown carton was also nice small surprise, as the colored box material is back to the older HMR ones. The printing is more vibrant compared to the newer, thicker box material of other recent HMRs.

• 4 weeks later...

Received the HMR VF-1A Kakizaki earlier in the day.
I guess I wasn't paying much attention to previous posts on it, but now that I have it in hand, I'm quite surprised the brown is rather dark. When I compared it to the HMR CF VF-1A, Kakizaki's brown is actually a shade darker. I'm usually not very particular about colour shades as long it is around the ballpark, but this kinda feels very wrong lol.

I suppose if Bandai ever decide to do a TV Kakizaki, this will be the brown we get.   

Edited by MKT

On 12/31/2023 at 11:45 AM, MKT said:

I guess I wasn't paying much attention to previous posts on it, but now that I have it in hand, I'm quite surprised the brown is rather dark. When I compared it to the HMR CF VF-1A, Kakizaki's brown is actually a shade darker. I'm usually not very particular about colour shades as long it is around the ballpark, but this kinda feels very wrong lol.

I tend to agree, and think that Max's blue is too dark as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2024 at 10:50 AM, sh9000 said:

Ordered another spare VF-1A Kakizaki and will see about making some Alaska Base VF-1As with them.

Alaska base VF probably easier with Max though. I mean, even if you don't do anything, with time the blue will naturally become green/teal anyways. 😅