Live-action Robotech Movie

zulu

:lol: Yeah.

Using phonetic spelling...

• mäk-rŏss - The short "o" sound is what most English speakers recognize who grew up with Robotech before watching the original series.
  • mä-kū-rōss - The correct pronunciation includes a third syllable. To my ears, it seems to have two long vowels and only the short "a" sound.

And the third pronunciation that Mr. March brought up... :rolleyes: I'm not even sure why that exists for the ADV dub, especially since they had
Mari Iijima reprising her role. She knew how to pronounce Macross, but this is all old news and off topic here.

Edit: Perhaps the live action movie will give a fourth pronunciation of the name, Macross? I wonder how it might mutate if they dare to use it?

Edited by technoblue

Edit: Perhaps the live action movie will give a fourth pronunciation of the name, Macross? I wonder how it might mutate if they dare to use it?

Ma Cross Island. Má-Cross Island. :p

Lol. This was the first attempt to bring Macross to the US... Hikaru was named Rick Yamato. Even with the awful theme, I would have loved to see the whole series.

So they were still going to keep the protagonist Japanese.

On a side note, the actress for Lynn Minmay better be Chinese or at least partly Asian.

Alright, I've figured out how this movie can be made, while remaining true to the original series. It can mix together the best parts of Macross (robots) and Mospeada (motorcycles), while keeping things contemporary.

The Robotech Masters send Protobests to track down the lost source of Protoculture, which humans have built into a new Robot called Strike Danger Fortress-1, pilotted by a biker gang member who has to balance fighting monsters, with dealing guns and fighting for territory.

dr3ToRt.jpg

Edited by Keith

No..It was Rick Yamada & Lisa Hayase..

That's right... I actually didn't remember the name til someone said it on these forums... I just remember they showed Macross and then it disappeared and came back as Robotech a while later.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This was posted in another part of the forum, but relative here as well. It's probably the biggest non-endorsement for the movie people can get at this point.

Shoji Kawamori, The Creator Hollywood Copies But Never Credits

“As for the recently announced live action Robotech movie, I welcome the opportunity to work on it but that request has yet to come.”

“There was also an attempt around the time of Macross Plus to make a live-action Macross movie in Hollywood and I was a main member of the team writing up a story plan for it. The scenario was written by a Hollywood screenwriter as well but unfortunately it never got passed that stage.”

“This isn’t the first time a live action movie like this has been conceived either and over the years I’ve heard of multiple attempts, though during this time they’ve never contacted me for any of them.”

“As the original creator of Macross I do find that quite disappointing. I should be at least contacted really. However, it might be that they are still too early on in production to contact the original designer and one of its authors.”

They won't.

Edited by Einherjar

This was posted in another part of the forum, but relative here as well. It's probably the biggest non-endorsement for the movie people can get at this point.

Shoji Kawamori, The Creator Hollywood Copies But Never Credits

They won't.

I'll be da*ned--you actually can see the influence. Hehe--all it needs is for someone to photoshop in a jet intake warning decal on the front fender right behind the headlights, an' mebbe a black sidestripe with an "001" down the sides. B))

Isuzu_117_coupe_001.jpg

Edited by reddsun1

I hope her business plan consists of selling the rights to the Macross name to someone who can actually get something done with it instead of squatting on the property for decades.

Edited by Marzan