MacrossWorld's PO Thread - NEXT PO of 2024 will be APRIL 5TH at 4PM JST...HI-METAL R VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie...a WWM Release...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

For Canadians up in the 49th parallel: 

https://www.toys2.net/yf-19-excalibur-isamu-alva-dyson-use-macross-plus-.html

$250 USD or roughly $340 CDN (depending on which supplier you’re going with as some might be a bit more). Navito World in Toronto is going to charge you insanely more if they get some in. 

I'm in, although I wish it had both covers.

Honestly, with how VF-1 DX releases/reissues are less frequent, and the near-instant, and usually insurmountable, late tax being imposed that doubles every year, Bandai MUST be cognizant that folks who wanted the original non-clear version will be buying this as their main Hikaru DX as they can never (at least easily) afford the original.

Using the Bandai playbook, "Special Color Version" releases often are meant to simply satisfy the market who missed the first release anyhow, so this kinda fits that bill but for the slightly less-presentable (from a classic perspective) "mechanic" clear covers. 

In that sense, it almost seems cruel not to include standard covers as well at this point. I mean, as crazy as it may sound, I can actually imagine someone buying this and attempting to paint the the clear covers to match the original due to the cost differential alone. Yes, I do understand they feel a difference is needed to justify a reissue, but no one should be put in that position either.

Anyhoo, 1st world problem rant over. ;)

4 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

Honestly, with how VF-1 DX releases/reissues are less frequent, and the near-instant, and usually insurmountable, late tax being imposed that doubles every year, Bandai MUST be cognizant that folks who wanted the original non-clear version will be buying this as their main Hikaru DX as they can never (at least easily) afford the original.

Using the Bandai playbook, "Special Color Version" releases often are meant to simply satisfy the market who missed the first release anyhow, so this kinda fits that bill but for the slightly less-presentable (from a classic perspective) "mechanic" clear covers. 

In that sense, it almost seems cruel not to include standard covers as well at this point. I mean, as crazy as it may sound, I can actually imagine someone buying this and attempting to paint the the clear covers to match the original due to the cost differential alone. Yes, I do understand they feel a difference is needed to justify a reissue, but no one should be put in that position either.

Most likely just the clear transparent version, as the grey cover is not advertised in any promo. As of yet. 

5 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

From the product page description, it appears both covers are included:
"Two types of removable cover parts are included: a clear version and an in-play version." (ok whatever in-play means)

In the product specification, what is included in the set is 'strike packs set', which can be read as the set with the standard covers, and 'clear molded strike parts cover set'.

1 hour ago, MKT said:

From the product page description, it appears both covers are included:
"Two types of removable cover parts are included: a clear version and an in-play version." (ok whatever in-play means)

In the product specification, what is included in the set is 'strike packs set', which can be read as the set with the standard covers, and 'clear molded strike parts cover set'.

Well, that changes things.

I remain in, and now hope for the DYRL Kakizaki "Mechanic Edition". *hint*, *nudge* 😉

So, will we be getting a real shot at this, or will the "exclusive" status immediately tack on exorbitant fees?

I have to laugh at their assumption that they'll have any stock to sell, but I would be curious if they pull it off.  Anyone want to roll the dice with Luna Park? :p 

https://www.lunapark.store/product-page/dx-chogokin-vf-1s-strike-valkyrie-ichijyo-hikaru-movie-ver-mechanic-edition?utm_campaign=bc86ee0d-0427-4865-a327-de1136f1e473&utm_source=so&utm_medium=mail&cid=3cb4813b-ea08-46ac-a1f9-6603f5d43a6b

Hefty mark-up, but might still cheaper than getting a first-run version and strike packs.

2 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I have to laugh at their assumption that they'll have any stock to sell, but I would be curious if they pull it off.  Anyone want to roll the dice with Luna Park? :p 

https://www.lunapark.store/product-page/dx-chogokin-vf-1s-strike-valkyrie-ichijyo-hikaru-movie-ver-mechanic-edition?utm_campaign=bc86ee0d-0427-4865-a327-de1136f1e473&utm_source=so&utm_medium=mail&cid=3cb4813b-ea08-46ac-a1f9-6603f5d43a6b

Hefty mark-up, but might still cheaper than getting a first-run version and strike packs.

I saw the price and kinda left it there.... i'll wait and see what happens but that is too expensive for my budget

For comparison though.. the current conversion puts that at about $350.  Maybe my sense of value has inflated with the times, but that doesn't even seem that outrageous to me.

You won't find one for anything close to that on ebay, but a quick check on Mandarake shows one copy of the VF-1S for 38,000 yen, and a previously sold set of packs for 11,000, so that's almost even.

I'm not going to pay that much for a fixed tail marking and some clear plastic parts I would never use, but I have no idea how difficult these will be to get through any of the usual sources, if they're even available.  I have no idea how this lottery is going to work.

Just got the email. Only had the one experience with them, and it went well...unlike others' experiences, it would seem.

Hate to say it, but that price is too painful for me. If that's standard...I may have spoke too soon for being in on this. 😭

Just now, Chronocidal said:

For comparison though.. the current conversion puts that at about $350.  Maybe my sense of value has inflated with the times, but that doesn't even seem that outrageous to me.

You won't find one for anything close to that on ebay, but a quick check on Mandarake shows one copy of the VF-1S for 38,000 yen, and a previously sold set of packs for 11,000, so that's almost even.

I'm not going to pay that much for a fixed tail marking and some clear plastic parts I would never use, but I have no idea how difficult these will be to get through any of the usual sources, if they're even available.  I have no idea how this lottery is going to work.

At the star of the year I was lucky to get a hand on a pre-owned one at mandarake. Thanks to the yen-peso exchange rate I almost paid the same amount that I paid for a Roy VF-1S (that lucky showed up at HLJ afert the first orders sold out).

46 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Not to mention, it's also pure luck if you receive the box undamaged from them. So, who want's to roll the dice? :spiteful:

Edited by no3Ljm

still early days?....didnt the TN site mention something abt sales being spread out several days in august? 

this is what i read...

<CLUB TAMASHII MEMBERS Pre-sale (Ocean Stage and higher)>
August 21 (Monday) 18:00 - August 23 (Wednesday) 23:00

<CLUB TAMASHII MEMBERS Advance Lottery Sales (Sky Stage and above)>
August 25 (Friday) 12:00 - August 28 (Monday) 23:00

<Advance Lottery Sales>
September 1 (Fri) 12:00 - September 5 (Tue) 23:00

------------------------------

<After Event Sales>
Scheduled from 10:00 on Friday, November 17 *The shipping month will be announced at a later date.

Edited by seti88

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

<After Event Sales>
Scheduled from 10:00 on Friday, November 17 *The shipping month will be announced at a later date.

Even with that After Event Sales, there is no guarantee that any of us here will get a copy anyways.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • jvmacross changed the title to MacrossWorld's PO Thread - UPCOMING/CURRENT POs: ....NEXT PO will be September 1st 4PM JST....VF-171EX Armored Nightmare Plus EX (Alto Saotome Machine) Revival Ver....WWM Retail Release......POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE
On 8/24/2023 at 2:09 AM, Scyla said:

@jvmacross Next preorder 08/01/23: VF-171EX Nightmare Plus EX (Alto Saotome machine). From @enphily.

https://tamashiiweb.com/item/14559/?wovn=en

item_0000014559_CXlWLpJT_01.jpg

Sweet Jesus, get in my collection!  I have the blue version.  I picked it up from Mandarake during a stretch where I bought every single Chogokin they had for about a month straight.  My wallet still hasn't recovered.  I don't know what it is about this design but it just speaks to me.  And I haven't even seen the animation!  I have zero storyline context but I love the design.

49 minutes ago, 26662 said:

...I don't know what it is about this design but it just speaks to me.  And I haven't even seen the animation!  I have zero storyline context but I love the design.

I think alot of Macross "fans" are still devotees of the franchise based solely on the evolving mecha designs from Mr. Kawamori and the continued world building and tech that each series brings with it....I personally have more or less stopped caring about the "plot/storylines" and just continue to enjoy the mecha and the mentioned world-building (evolving pilot uniforms, VFs, enemy mecha, etc) since M7...lol

12 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I think alot of Macross "fans" are still devotees of the franchise based solely on the evolving mecha designs from Mr. Kawamori and the continued world building and tech that each series brings with it....I personally have more or less stopped caring about the "plot/storylines" and just continue to enjoy the mecha and the mentioned world-building (evolving pilot uniforms, VFs, enemy mecha, etc) since M7...lol

You said the quiet part out loud.  Apart from Macross Plus, I honestly haven’t enjoyed the source material since the original series as a 10-ish year old.  I’ve tried rewatching the original trilogy since then many, many times but couldn’t stomach it beyond 2-3 episodes.  Macross Plus pulled me back in during undergraduate but there wasn’t an accompanying toy line (that I was aware of) so I fueled my passion for mecha by buying 1/55s and Transformers.  A big part of me would like the Macross franchise to mature(?) and ditch the songs/sirens angle.  

Edited by 26662

On 8/26/2023 at 1:18 AM, MKT said:

I think the best standalone Macross that can be enjoyed today without spending a lot of time is still DYRL. 

To be fair, it's the only film that isn't A: slightly rushed to compile all the main plot points of a series, or B: a sequel that requires homework to make sense.

So that's an invitation to join the raffle rather than a guaranteed toy. If you don't win the raffle, they'll cancel your order. I just checked, cheapest air shipping is 9,200 Yen for me in California. Fortunately, it's a pay later situation.

Luna Park is about the same price. They don't tell you it's for a raffle item but I imagine they're going to be cancelling orders if they don't get the stock, same as Moehime. 

Edited by jenius

6 hours ago, betocc said:

Lottery sales DX Chogokin Movie version VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Ichijo Hikaru machine) mechanic edition
¥49,800

Release on November 30, 2023

https://moehime-japantoys.com/shop/plastic-model/chogokin-series/lottery-sales-dx-chogokin-movie-version-vf-1s-strike-valkyrie-ichijo-hikaru-machine-mechanic-edition/

Thanks for the alert!  I put myself down for one.  Because I'm all about supporting the MW community, if I win, I'll make him available for conjugal visits. 

On 8/26/2023 at 2:16 AM, jenius said:

I thoroughly enjoyed Macross Frontier but the VF-171 toys much less so. Still, I'm curious... the VF-25 Revival had some very minor upgrades, maybe this will too.

I wish this is something we could know before we're asked to drop $200 to $300 on it.

I've gone back and forth on selling my 171EX, so I may just retrobrite my current copy rather than shelling out for this.