MacrossWorld's PO Thread - NEXT PO of 2024 will be APRIL 5TH at 4PM JST...HI-METAL R VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie...a WWM Release...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

2 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

I was even more shocked because I didn't even have to refresh once, it went straight to my cart, shipping & payment... AmiAmi has truly been my go-to lately. 

And yes, that lovely lady in my avatar is Eunha. B)) (Gfriend & VIVIZ) 

I thought that was her.  VIVIZ's most recent comeback with "Maniac" and "Untie" might be their strongest (post Gfriend). Those are on my workout playlist, along with several Gfriend songs. 

1 minute ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Got cartjacked, but my good friend Germán (Darotower MW member) got one at AmiAmi,  and he told me he does not want it so I can have it 🤪

That happened to me too!  My longtime buddy, Ignacio Ocamica, said he was gifting me his YF-21 along with his YF-19 preorder!   MW members are incredibly generous!  :)

1 minute ago, 26662 said:

That happened to me too!  My longtime buddy, Ignacio Ocamica, said he was gifting me his YF-21 along with his YF-19 preorder!   MW members are incredibly generous!  :)

Congrats!!! And yes, MW members are very generous!!!

Macross toys tend to be a little cheaper at Crunchyroll's store compared to BBTS, though I am not sure about how much Crunchyroll's shipping cost is. 

The YF-21 is not showing up yet at Crunchyroll, but will probably appear within the next few days.

I would say keep checking there, as well as Amazon.com, for when the YF-21 eventually gets listed.

2 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I thought that was her.  VIVIZ's most recent comeback with "Maniac" and "Untie" might be their strongest (post Gfriend). Those are on my workout playlist, along with several Gfriend songs. 

Awesome! I didn't really like Maniac at first but it's a favorite now, they weren't messing around with that album, and it's really paid off for them. Despite what happened to Gfriend, I'm happy for Eunha & the others to be having successful careers.  

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Btw, @tekering. Out of curiosity. Do you participate on these preorders online over there or wait on the release day and get it from the store directly? Thanks!

Curious about this as well. I may have an opportunity to have someone preorder for me in person, but unsure if local shops in Tokyo/JP are still accepting preorders.

4 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Just now, 505thAirborne said:

Awesome! I didn't really like Maniac at first but it's a favorite now, they weren't messing around with that album, and it's really paid off for them. Despite what happened to Gfriend, I'm happy for Eunha & the others to be having successful careers.  

Did someone say maniac?

Spoiler

all good. hehe...enjoy your own maniacs!🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I'd keep refreshing AmiAmi, many times preorders have reopened later.

That’s my strategy at the moment.  I tend to get up in the middle of the night to work a bit.  I’ll play the refresh game and see if I get lucky. 

Phhtt.. That’s 3rd party scalping prices @scand. You really have to be totally high off ‘shrooms and be trippy at the same time to order that valk.

Edit: My link says ¥50k and that doesn’t include shipping. 

Edited by borgified

18 minutes ago, borgified said:

Phhtt.. That’s 3rd party scalping prices @scand. You really have to be totally high off ‘shrooms and be trippy at the same time to order that valk.

Edit: My link says ¥50k and that doesn’t include shipping. 

For what it's worth, I just ordered one for ¥43,927, not including shipping. I think they remove the tax when they realize you're shipping to a foreign address.

Untitled1.png.5ade4cf128b48e8d26750bb3d9cf90f1.png

Edited by Actar

3 minutes ago, borgified said:

This is my end up here to send it up to Canada. 
24258C28-7C95-44E7-95B0-12694AAF72D3.png.82ce99c12bbedbfdcb9a72675c6852e5.png

There’s zero chance that I’m going to pay that amount. 

Again, try adding it to your cart. I think the price should drop.

At that price might as well just nab it from BBTS if you're a US-based collector.

I see no reason to pay over MSRP when this is going to be a world wide release so if you can get it locally might as well

19 minutes ago, borgified said:

I’m going to wait a bit longer before I finally cave in at the last moment due to FOMO. 

Remember guys, there's always another chance on release day. The mark up prices will still be there after release.

will had to wait this time around for the other US retailers  to see which offers the better price, like Amazon, Eknightmedia or entertainment-earth and lastly BBTS, for example the DX YF 19 in Amazon right now the PO is in a discount, at 218 bucks while currently the higher price is at BBTS at 254 dollars, not to mention add CA taxes, I mean is not that bad getting it in the US, for example 37,700 converting into dlls is around 260 dlls, now add the probably 6000 to 7000 yen of shipping , like DHL I always use that method, is like 48 dlls more, so in the end you will end up paying approximately like more than 300 bucks in total, also who knows how volatile the currency will be when this Valk releases it could be less or even higher, so who knows :unknw:

For those of you who are more experienced with recent shipping costs... is there still no insured surface shipment method?  Is the cheapest insured option still generally DHL for a valk?  I'm guessing that's a no on the "small parcel?"

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Frack that. Cheaper to order from Mandarake.

Yes! As soon as the YF-21 is released be sure to check Mandarake before the prices go through the roof. Also be prepared to be cart jacked while making your hot purchase by someone that wants it just as much as you. 

Edited by shazam

$40 USD off with a deposit of $50 USD and that doesn’t include S&H from Oz? So in theory $10 USD off in total which makes  maybe 3 Venti coffees from Starbucks. 

Isn’t Sugo mainly a 1/6 figure store as well? 

If the scalper-ish price from JP is almost the same as local, might as well go local as after-sales support should be better, something that was inconceivable not too long ago. The longer wait times for local stores having items in stock can actually be an advantage, as after release in JP we have a bit of time to decide which way the prices are trending. If it goes down, as some of the WWM items do, then cancel local and pick up import. Again, something also very inconceivable for Macross toys not too long ago as well lol.  

47 minutes ago, borgified said:

$40 USD off with a deposit of $50 USD and that doesn’t include S&H from Oz? So in theory $10 USD off in total which makes  maybe 3 Venti coffees from Starbucks. 

Isn’t Sugo mainly a 1/6 figure store as well? 

https://sugotoys.com.au/product/band24111158/

Sugo Toys sell lots of anime related items. If you buy a new product for example from AmiAmi or HLJ you could be charged 10% GST for importing to Australia. Plus with the postage being either EMS or DHL could cost between 7500 yen to 12000 yen in postage. 

At least you can put down a small deposit as well as pay off your item through Sugo Toys. $539 AU is not too bad considering other cost for importing.  I can't say that it is a good buy for overseas buyers.  Sugo Toys is an avenue to purchase this figure before the prices blow out which is always a consideration.

Sugo Toys cost

sugocost.jpg.5b514c9d52cc544a1a06def81b662ee3.jpg

AmiAmi cost
amicost.jpg.d9c137f099002a5ba86362568cc4fd9e.jpg

HLJ cost

hljcost.jpg.6318ff6a29a41bbca3d51fa68aafe82c.jpg

Edited by shazam

Being local, I did email Sugotoys about this a few days back enquiring as to whether they'd stock this but they never replied. 

The takeaway for me is that it's still cheaper to secure a preorder from a Japanese supplier directly. 

Mine from Nin nin is about $480 aud landed so I'm already $60 aud ahead.

Edited by Arakure Knight
Maths

In the end i pulled the trigger on the amazon.jp deal. € 350 shipped to Italy including custom fee. Probably the best possible deal for this toy, at least for me. Just one question,  does amazon.jp have a pre-order price guranteed policy? 

9 hours ago, Pontus said:

Clearly, BBTS takes preorders and then tells Bandai how many they sold/need.  Simple, confident and easy for the customer, and maxes profits.  WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD ANY STORE ONLY OFFER A LIMITED NUMBER OF POs ON AN UNLIMITED RELEASE?!!!  This crap makes me not want to use Amiami anymore, but it sounds like ALL the Japanese stores do this.  WHY?  This makes zero sense.

To the best of my knowledge, we, as a community, have never been able to determine how Bandai manages their general Macross releases. Most signs point to them being limited, not unlimited, though. That tracks with broader "artificial scarcity" trend in the Japanese collectibles industry, and it probably reduces risk for the company. Bandai likely decides to make a certain number of them, based on how much production capacity they want to or can set aside, and distribute allocations to retailers (and now overseas distributors). Their factories make lots of things and they probably can't afford to wait and see how many orders show up from around the world before they start planning a production run. The one exception seems to be Tamashii Web Exclusive (TWE) items, like the Hayao VF-1A DX. Bandai will generally leave the PO page open on their site until a specific date, then produce the number of units that were ordered. They must have an upper limit, though, because we have seen TWE items sell out quickly and then sometimes Bandai will offer a second run at a later date. That happened with the first run of DX Super/Strike Packs.

However, we're talking about Macross right now. Gundam and the other significantly more popular and more lucrative franchises might operate under different rules. Unlimited releases might make a lot more sense for them, or at the very least the production capacity set aside for them is probably much higher. 

8 minutes ago, Robin-11 said:

In the end i pulled the trigger on the amazon.jp deal. € 350 shipped to Italy including custom fee. Probably the best possible deal for this toy, at least for me. Just one question,  does amazon.jp have a pre-order price guranteed policy? 

If you preordered directly from Amazon JP itself, and not a third party seller on Amazon JP, the preorder price could be adjusted. I've seen that with some POs. If you went with a third party, I think you might be stuck with what you paid. At that point Amazon is just a platform provider.

12 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

If you preordered directly from Amazon JP itself, and not a third party seller on Amazon JP, the preorder price could be adjusted. I've seen that with some POs. If you went with a third party, I think you might be stuck with what you paid. At that point Amazon is just a platform provider.

Thank you, so this means that the price can go down(depending on the exchange rate yen/euro i guess) but it can't go up, right? I am pretty sure i ordered it directly from Amazon.