MacrossWorld's PO Thread - NEXT PO of 2024 will be APRIL 5TH at 4PM JST...HI-METAL R VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie...a WWM Release...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

22 minutes ago, dur said:

I am seriously considering waiting the long game for the WWM releases to go on sale later

On sale? 😟

That seems highly unlikely. 🤨

30 minutes ago, tekering said:

On sale? 😟

Yup. Prices on some of these Macross WWM stuff was on sale during the Holidays and it's still on sale today. Amazon, for example, the listing for DX YF-19 was $250. And now it's $219. Also while browsing last night on YF-21 preorder, I noticed that KappaHobby has some selected Macross DX that are also on sale. Or discounted if that's the best term to use. But like @dur said it's a long waiting game for these to go on sale stateside. I have a feeling that it went on sale recently probably due to the Holidays(?) But who knows, maybe YF-21 will be put on sale down the line.

Unless, he's actually referring to wait for US preorders to go up later.

41 minutes ago, tekering said:

On sale? 😟

Btw, @tekering. Out of curiosity. Do you participate on these preorders online over there or wait on the release day and get it from the store directly? Thanks!

I reckon we're just waiting on the bots to empty out AmiAmi and any bits that might appear elsewhere... Then watch the same happen to those sold on the US side as resellers snatch up inventory to maintain their investment value. Looking at Amazon.jp, you can snag one... at 50K+ Yen now.

9 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Yup. Prices on some of these Macross WWM stuff was on sale during the Holidays and it's still on sale today. Amazon, for example, the listing for DX YF-19 was $250. And now it's $219. Also while browsing last night on YF-21 preorder, I noticed that KappaHobby has some selected Macross DX that are also on sale. Or discounted if that's the best term to use. But like @dur said it's a long waiting game for these to go on sale stateside. I have a feeling that it went on sale recently probably due to the Holidays(?) But who knows, maybe YF-21 will be put on sale down the line.

I know the wwm stuff definitely isn’t as big a deal in the U.S. stores compared to how fast things sell out in Japan. But I wonder if the stuff from plus will be more popular. Most of the other items seemed to stick around and were very easy to find on sale later at several stores, but most of the American fan base hadn’t seen Frontier or delta. I’d be really curious to see what would happen if they were allowed to sell the vf-1’s

30 minutes ago, Big s said:

I know the wwm stuff definitely isn’t as big a deal in the U.S. stores compared to how fast things sell out in Japan. But I wonder if the stuff from plus will be more popular. Most of the other items seemed to stick around and were very easy to find on sale later at several stores, but most of the American fan base hadn’t seen Frontier or delta. I’d be really curious to see what would happen if they were allowed to sell the vf-1’s

A good indicator is the dx yf-19 wwm sales and availability at us sites. 

the 19 would be more popular than the 21. 

48 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

This is what I meant, sorry for any confusion.  I am tempted to just wait it out like a clearance hawk... I guess the downside is if it's very popular I'll end up needing to sell a kidney to get this valk.

8 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

The only difference is that some of us already own both the YF-19 full set and VF-19 Advance and weren't looking to add another one.  In this case, it's a "brand new" release, but who knows if that will change anything.

1 minute ago, dur said:

The only difference is that some of us already own both the YF-19 full set and VF-19 Advance and weren't looking to add another one.  In this case, it's a "brand new" release, but who knows if that will change anything.

I would say that those who got the full set release before Bigwest and Harmony gold reconciled were hardcore dedicated fans that imported valks. 

But to the common fan who watched plus in the US probably did not stay up 3am EST to pre order a valk that lasts 1 min. 

the Wwm releases were not for the hardcore base that most likely stay up for pre orders at import stores but for the casual fan that may have watch macross plus. 

im going to guess that the 21 is going to be the same as the wwm 19 release. 

and it’ll be just the diehard base that missed import pre orders that take the majority of the sale. 

domestically, at this price point with sales tax, this is going to be a hard sell. 

Unless bandai ships low numbers for domestic retailers, i project it’ll be the same as the current 19 

I know Big Bad Toy Store is going to be more expensive but that's looking like my option right now.

Last night's PO wasn't light speed but ludicrous speed at selling out. 

Edited by 505thAirborne

55 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

THIS!!! This is what I'm hoping for since the YF-19 is still available even now (and even at a discount too! - at least on Amazon.com)  I'm to chicksh$t 🤣 to wait for a discount, but I'm hoping to order it once its available there.  Doesn't look like the scalpers bought up all the YF-19 when they went on sale.  I just have to wait till they list it which is killing me already!

1 hour ago, wm cheng said:

THIS!!! This is what I'm hoping for since the YF-19 is still available even now (and even at a discount too! - at least on Amazon.com)  I'm to chicksh$t 🤣 to wait for a discount, but I'm hoping to order it once its available there.  Doesn't look like the scalpers bought up all the YF-19 when they went on sale.  I just have to wait till they list it which is killing me already!

I'm thinking the YF-19 re-release is getting lower attention just due to Bandai stripping out all of the extras it originally came with.

21 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm thinking the YF-19 re-release is getting lower attention just due to Bandai stripping out all of the extras it originally came with.

You just can't let me have this to calm my nerves can you?!?! 😜

1 hour ago, wm cheng said:

Don’t stress. Just take it easy. There’s no rush at this point just shop well and you may find a great price some place. 

1 hour ago, MacrossJunkie said:

I was all ready to do the preorder last night

...but the power to my house went out an hour before the preorders would start. 

What timing... ☹️

That's awful timing...I can't remember the last time I placed a PO that wasn't done via my cell phone

It is a lot more to start, but you have to consider you get it shipped for $4, which really does cut down on the difference, assuming you're shipping it on its own.

Pre order from AE was about $280, but if you wind up paying $70 in shipping, you're right back at that price.

The Canuckle head pricing for this will be possibly around $480 Beaver Bucks if the stores do get stock in. 

@wm cheng, @Angesdad and my other fellow Canadian Macross collectors , you know that we’re going to get hosed anyways. Avoid Navito World as they’re going to jack up the price to maybe $700 CDN if they get a few units in. 

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Yeah, I was looking and didn't see a reason to pick one up.  I have most of the others 😕

I find it odd that the YF-19 is on sale on Amazon.com but it's not there at all on Amazon.ca. Did it sell out faster in Canada or did Amazon Canada not list it at all? I already have a YF-19 but I'm planning to buy the YF-21 so I'm curious what happened there. Obviously I would have preferred getting the YF-21 from Japan to save money but I gave up on preorder madness.

I just bought a VF-25F from Anmazon.ca because it's on sale and the price isn't too terrible. I checked on Mandarake and the shipping was so high that it would have cost more buying an unopened copy from there.

I’d say to still wait and see the other offers. The base 10% off at USA gundam store may knock a good chunk off the price and there are other sales that may be going on with the holiday coming up. And don’t forget about places that you may have accumulated points at. Not everyone has cheap shipping though and things definitely need a bit of research.