'Not sure how we got into Disney's social & economic choices but tread carefully.

My comment was in reference to the fact that even though an article title is a possible Gargoyles movie, it's debunked in the same article and yet we got comments like:
"It’s Disney, so I’ll keep my expectations low, really low, really really low"
"loved those cartoons as a kid! Hope they do good by it."

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/masters-of-the-universe-movie-dead-netflix-1235673281/

They tried to produce a film with a budget of 30-60 million. There was no way it could work.
Since Knights of the Zodiac was on that budget and ended up becoming that drug that didn't even pay for itself.
Netflix should do what Iron Sky producers did: propose the project with a base budget and create a Kickstarter for fans to help finance the film.

4 hours ago, troyness said:

Nobody is excited about the next Disney movie, except the bots in comment sections & the bots in critic/audience scores.

Disney makes a "profit" off every movie that bombs. That's why they don't care what the audience thinks & explains why they're happy to attack the fanbase. 

It's called an ESG (Environmental Social Governance) score.

It's basically a financial bailout corporations receive if they adhere to the ESG policy. Most corporations are captured by this policy. If a corporation refuses to comply with this ESG policy they go broke by not being eligible for:

*loans

*Transacting with other ESG compliant companies.

Next time you ask yourself the question " Is this company crazy. Willingly destroying their own brand?"

No. They know exactly what they're doing. They're destroying their own brand to remain financially solvent. That's why boycotting them doesn't work.

You are overstating the importance of ESG by a broad margin. A company like Disney can get financing regardless of their score. Some companies drink the Kool-aid though and convince themselves that metrics that show higher ESGs are tied to companies with more satisfied employees and better results are fact. There are very similar things for environmental footprint. At the end of the day, the company must show that the ESG bias leads to value for investors and being a loss generating machine in preference of ESG doesn't do that. They might be over focused on it right now, but it's not like they or other companies HAVE to be.

The problem with ESG is that it is entirely, nefariously, political... and politics will derail and have this thread locked faster than anything I can think of, other than religion.  So, lets just say that companies bow to the scheme at their own peril, and leave it at that.

Back to upcoming movies discussions B))

9 hours ago, azrael said:

'Not sure how we got into Disney's social & economic choices but tread carefully.

My comment was in reference to the fact that even though an article title is a possible Gargoyles movie, it's debunked in the same article and yet we got comments like:

To be fair (to me) I did not read the article.😁

16 hours ago, azrael said:

"It’s Disney, so I’ll keep my expectations low, really low, really really low"

I'll tread carefully.

Sorry for the derailment. :good:

14 hours ago, jenius said:

You are overstating the importance of ESG by a broad margin. A company like Disney can get financing regardless of their score. Some companies drink the Kool-aid though and convince themselves that metrics that show higher ESGs are tied to companies with more satisfied employees and better results are fact. There are very similar things for environmental footprint. At the end of the day, the company must show that the ESG bias leads to value for investors and being a loss generating machine in preference of ESG doesn't do that. They might be over focused on it right now, but it's not like they or other companies HAVE to be.

Thanks for your reply jenius! I've always enjoyed your point of view over the years :) I respect our differences in opinion. 

.... I am looking forward to Napoleon. And The Last Voyage of the Demeter!!!

12 hours ago, Old_Nash_II said:

New teasr of the last work of Jason David Frank

Looks awesome! RIP JDF, dude was a legend, I met him a few times and he was always super nice and humble, great guy, he loved his fans and was truly MMPRs Tony Stark, the heart of the whole franchise. 

• 2 weeks later...