Hasn't that preorder page been there forever? They also had the preorder up for Yellows Ride Armor for a long while. It seems silly to release it now though... the Alpha that goes with it is now very old by today's standards and desperately in need of a "renewal" version.

Hasn't that preorder page been there forever? They also had the preorder up for Yellows Ride Armor for a long while. It seems silly to release it now though... the Alpha that goes with it is now very old by today's standards and desperately in need of a "renewal" version.

I'm really not sure, but I don't remember seeing it on their main page before today. A retooled or redesigned Alpha in every color would be welcome as far as I'm concerned providing they can still combine with the current Betas.

The only improvements the Beta needs are an anime-accurate chest and integrated landing gear / connection bar.

It's too little, to late if you ask me. Especially if they want $170 for it. You can find alpha/beta combos on ebay for $120. HG just needs to sell the damn license already because they aren't taking advantage of it.

I'm really not sure, but I don't remember seeing it on their main page before today. A retooled or redesigned Alpha in every color would be welcome as far as I'm concerned providing they can still combine with the current Betas.

The only improvements the Beta needs are an anime-accurate chest and integrated landing gear / connection bar.

The Beta HIPS slide in and out FAR too easy as well, Ooooo - and add the top shoulder missile bays.

A chest cover would have been so easy for them to include too. They made a square cover where the connection-extender attaches - heaven's sake why not make the chest cover since all your prototype photos showed it that way anyway...

Looks for real - very surprised.

The included "Synchro Cannon" makes it slightly interesting.

The yellow "fried egg eyes" really stand out in soldier mode - chest cover please.

If I bite and get one it will be staying in bomber/fighter mode for sure...

TOYNAMI ROBOTECH BETA FIGHTER VOLUME 04

After a long wait, Toynami will finally be releasing the final Beta Fighter. This version is done in the dark scheme of the fourth Alpha Fighter and comes with a brand-new Synchro Cannon. it is limited to just 3000 pieces, comes with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity and is listed at $168.99, $31 below the MSRP.

Edited by DarrinG

Does firing the synchro cannon make the toy completely fall apart? :)

Well at least the toy will be anime accurate at that point, it warms up the cannon and then it falls to pieces.

Edited by Benson13

Looks for real - very surprised.

The included "Synchro Cannon" makes it slightly interesting.

The yellow "fried egg eyes" really stand out in soldier mode - chest cover please.

If I bite and get one it will be staying in bomber/fighter mode for sure...

After a long wait, Toynami will finally be releasing the final Beta Fighter. This version is done in the dark scheme of the fourth Alpha Fighter and comes with a brand-new Synchro Cannon. it is limited to just 3000 pieces, comes with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity and is listed at $168.99, $31 below the MSRP.

Guess that ship from China finally left. :lol:

(An inside joke from some unreliable people in another place)

Edited by Einherjar

I wouldn't mind a redesigned Alpha at all.

Honestly though, the chest never really bothered me with the Betas. But considering the huge gap between the cockpit and the rest of the Beta in bomber mode, I wonder how hard it would have been to engineering/design an anime-accurate chest that also doubles as a gap filler in bomber mode? :unsure:

It'd make the nosecone-to-chest transformation a lot more complicated (From bomber, slide forward the new gap filler onto the nosecone, twist nosecone 180 degrees, flip down nosecone, and viola, anime-accurate chest that hides the nosecone and its yellow windows). Again, it'd be a complex design, and could we trust Toynami to deliver on such a tricky design feature?

. . . . On second thought, maybe an anime accurate chest cover would have been the best way to go! :lol:

Regarding the integrated connection bar, giving the limited amount of space, I doubt they could make something that looks as clean and as seamless as the separate connection piece. A telescoping connection bar would look kinda whack.

Lastly, with the shoulder missiles, it would have been a tight fit (with the way the shoulders go up and down during the transformation), but there should have been enough room for them to add that feature.

Kinda sucks they never had that in the initial design.

we MOSPEADA fans are more than likely never gonna see another Beta in our lifetime....Might as well love what we got I'm afraid. At least it was a pretty solid release from Toynami. Glad it didn't suffer from Alpha-itus.... <_<

Mospeada's 30th anniversary is next year. I nominate Yamato to make a sick Legioss & Tread combo.

I heard for shucks and giggles a Japanese design firm took it upon themselves to design the ultimate Legioss toy... but they just work on it when they've got some down time and they have no expectation of ever seeing it made. Too bad too. I sent in a request that, since it's all a pipe dream anyway, they include some connection mechanisms for the never-to-be-made (or even designed) Tread as well.

About frakking time there releasing this! I love the Shadow Beta/Dark Tread. Someone needs to mold a proper Chest plate for these Beta's.

Is the Shadow Beta confirmed as being released? We've only seen a couple preorders being listed so far but no official news of the release from HG or Toynami. Preorders for this beauty were posted multiple times in the past so has anything really changed other than a new pic of a bonus Synchrocannon being included? Guess we'll find out in a few weeks at Comic-Con...

I wouldn't mind a redesigned Alpha at all.

Honestly though, the chest never really bothered me with the Betas. But considering the huge gap between the cockpit and the rest of the Beta in bomber mode, I wonder how hard it would have been to engineering/design an anime-accurate chest that also doubles as a gap filler in bomber mode? :unsure:

It'd make the nosecone-to-chest transformation a lot more complicated (From bomber, slide forward the new gap filler onto the nosecone, twist nosecone 180 degrees, flip down nosecone, and viola, anime-accurate chest that hides the nosecone and its yellow windows). Again, it'd be a complex design, and could we trust Toynami to deliver on such a tricky design feature?

. . . . On second thought, maybe an anime accurate chest cover would have been the best way to go! :lol:

Regarding the integrated connection bar, giving the limited amount of space, I doubt they could make something that looks as clean and as seamless as the separate connection piece. A telescoping connection bar would look kinda whack.

Lastly, with the shoulder missiles, it would have been a tight fit (with the way the shoulders go up and down during the transformation), but there should have been enough room for them to add that feature.

Kinda sucks they never had that in the initial design.

A chest-cover that doubles as a bomber gap-filler? VERY COOL. There is certainly the talent on these boards to pull this off, they just need to the time and fans willing to buy a few. I'm in...

My green legioss was quite good actually.

I say WAS because it was good last time I put it back in the package. When I take it back out the hands will likely crumble for no reason just like my blue.

Checked Robotech.com and there is no mention of the Shadow Beta being green lighted at last...

I bought the Green Legioss from Toynami. It was garbage. Based on that I did not touch the Tread. Is it better? Not a junkpile?

The Toynami Betas were vast improvements over the Alphas. The Beta sculpts are beautifully engineered and their construction (I can only confirm the blue one) is on par with the Cyclones.

AWESOME! Can't wait to get to mine! It's next on my build list!

And YES, in responce to the Beta question. All 3 are solid toys. Vast impovements over the Alpha's. The two together are an impressive sight on a shelf!

Edited by derex3592

Is the Shadow Beta confirmed as being released? We've only seen a couple preorders being listed so far but no official news of the release from HG or Toynami. Preorders for this beauty were posted multiple times in the past so has anything really changed other than a new pic of a bonus Synchrocannon being included? Guess we'll find out in a few weeks at Comic-Con...

Well lets hope this is not another tease then. I agree that this toy was shown over a year ago at least. I guess i saw preorder this time and assumed..... when will I learn?

I'm in a difficult spot on this one. Do I buy the Shadow Beta because I only own the Shadow Alpha. But I don't want to spend $168, that's waaaaaay to much for Toynami's substandard product.

Auction sites have made it so you can simply wait 2 years and almost be certain to get it new, at half price.

Although -- when a great number of fans decide to go this route, companies often decide to not come out with anything else for that group of fans...

I'm in a difficult spot on this one. Do I buy the Shadow Beta because I only own the Shadow Alpha. But I don't want to spend $168, that's waaaaaay to much for Toynami's substandard product.

Actually of anything Toynami has ever made their Beta fighter is one very solid & balanced toy. I'd never buy one of their Alpha's again unless they were dirt cheap but the Beta I would easily own. $168.00 is a bit high though.

the Beta is super solid... the engineering is from the 80s though... no A stance, no added gimmicks or any modern feature that warrants $168. It's substandard considering what you can get for that, BUT if you have the alpha, it makes the displaying of it tons more impressive. I mean the Alpha looks like POS on its own. Especially since fighter is the only decent mode. Arms are too heavy to pose in other modes.

WTF??? $31 below the MSRP? I wonder if they realize that with the archaic design features of this toy, it's not even worth the $160 price tag. We were buying the other versions for $120 right after they came out, so if anything, $10 more for a gimmick synchro cannon would suffice. It's a good design, but like EXO said, the design is sculpted, not done in CAD, and uses old school materials, i.e. die cast, in some very poor places, which adds cost for no reason. I'm a pass on this.

I think a lot of the heft of the Beta is as much for making it balance with the overly metal Alpha. These toys needed a renewal. All plastic versions with better designs and at the same price point or less. Heck, make 'em 1/72 if they can pull it off. It's a shame.

The Beta (again, referring to my blue one) is not substandard. Original retail on them was $150. It was steep, but once I saw how enormous and solid the Beta is, I didn't regret the purchase.

WTF??? $31 below the MSRP? I wonder if they realize that with the archaic design features of this toy, it's not even worth the $160 price tag. We were buying the other versions for $120 right after they came out, so if anything, $10 more for a gimmick synchro cannon would suffice. It's a good design, but like EXO said, the design is sculpted, not done in CAD, and uses old school materials, i.e. die cast, in some very poor places, which adds cost for no reason. I'm a pass on this.

Actually, the Beta was rebuilt in CAD in Japan. That's why it's solid.