The only "new" Legioss/Tread that I'm interested in is that rough sketch from a few years ago in that hobby mag. I really dug that...but it was just a sketch. That ugly little thing on the right in this new illustration is a pretty big step down from the original if you ask me.

I see the word "TOY" repeated there a couple of times, which has me more excited than I probably should be.

Haha, it provokes the complete opposite reaction from me! I wonder if anyone can do a summary.

From GearsOnline:

Tread Re-Imagined

In a 2007 issue of Hobby Japan Magazine Kakinuma Hideki discussed the mecha designs of Genesis Climber Mospeada and shared an illustration where he imagined a re-design of the Tread. His words follow.

P-51 Mustang (Revell 1:32 Mustang)

When I was in sixth grade, I had a 1:32 P-51 that I’d built and then ignored. One day, I painted "invasion stripes" on it, and it came back to life as something else! Since then, I’ve always painted black and white bands on American and British fighters. No matter what unheard of SF mecha it was, just adding these "invasion stripes" magically made it a military unit! This became the marking concept for Mospeada’s mecha.

Dread 1

The "Dread" name for this Tread prototype is from Dreadnought. A block of propellant and engines to carry a Legioss from Mars to the Earth sphere... is what I was going for. Below is the first sketch drawn around 1983. I designed it in the style of the Nostromo from Alien but the director said it "doesn’t look like a flying mecha without wings!" so it was rejected. An unmanned mecha. It even transforms!

Dread 2

The producer said "Can we have all the fighters transform?", so this is the 2nd version of the Dread I thought up. The first plan was for an "unmanned fighter", so there’s no cockpit! And of course, it transforms into a robot! Combining the Dread 1 and Dread 2 resulted in the final "Tread" design we all(?) know...

post-8486-0-29359700-1336737889_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

saw this during a random google search...

mospeada_robotech_ride_armor_by_ltla9000311-d30d512.png

What kind of environs would such a camo scheme be suitable for? Doesn't make much sense for a flat, mostly barren backdrop of a desert theatre, to me...

Edited by reddsun1

saw this during a random google search...

mospeada_robotech_ride_armor_by_ltla9000311-d30d512.png

What kind of environs would such a camo scheme be suitable for? Doesn't make much sense for a flat, mostly barren backdrop of a desert theatre, to me...

Maybe a planet we haven't seen yet.

Hi all,

Has anyone made better quality decals for the Beagle/Toynami Ride Armors yet? Just curious. I was watching a video review over at CollectionDX and it was stated that the provided decals were already curling off. It'd be cool if we could get better decals for those beautiful toys. :)

The blue and red version boxes were much better than that IMO.

This makes the greenie all fat and stumpy, and the thumbs up is total cheese - which can be amusing in say an avatar, but not in the middle of a massive space dogfight...

Edited by DarrinG

Maybe a planet we haven't seen yet.

Hmm; a more reddish hue would make good sense for a unit coming from (the largely unseen environs) Mars...

The blue and red version boxes were much better than that IMO.

This makes the greenie all fat and stumpy, and the thumbs up is total cheese - which can be amusing in say an avatar, but not in the middle of a massive space dogfight...

1:50, 2:00 - actually, a thumbs up--or something similar--makes perfect sense in the middle of a huge fight.... :p

Edited by reddsun1

I would prefer 1/48 Wham Full Action Model - completed. I will not have time for kits for a long while.

They could do all legioss and treads in soldier, then the GOSU etc etc.

Wave does their completed kits with amazing, albeit expensive, quality and detail...

Just one, but here ya go. I wonder if this is a Hidetaka Tenjin artwork. Does anyone know?

Thanks Connor99 for this pic.

Love to see Tread behind :)

I really love to see these 3 artboxes illustration in a bigger scale, if it's possible of course^^

The Box Art is orgasmic!! They all look awesome but the Green Legioss is the best!

It would've been perfect if the green was in the blue's pose using the red's background.

It would've been perfect if the green was in the blue's pose using the red's background.

haha. if they would have put the camera in front of the green legioss behind the red, you would have gotten your wish.

that's some awesome art. May have to pick these up sooner or later..just wish they were bigger.

I agree with that. 1/48 scale would have been perfect, but these releases from WAVE are still awesome.