I think it's highly unlikely Yamato would ever consider the Mospeada license. From what I understand, many of the people at Beagle had a Yamato affiliation of some sort. Having seen such an awesome toy crash and burn would no doubt make Yamato think twice before ever considering that license.

Is Yamato considering to get the MOSPEADA license, until now there is no proper Legioss toy, only the 1/48 Imai kit for me.

If Yamato did ever make a Legioss, I'd like it to be larger than their default 1/60 scale, as it's a damn small plane anyway. I don't really care about it being in scale with my Yamato Valks. I reckon a larger scale, say 1/35 scale Legioss from Yamato might sell, assuming it has their normal attention to detail, gimmicks and lineart accuracy (as far as possible) in all three modes.

I doubt a largeTread would sell well enough though if sold stand alone. We've seen that the stand alone Beta/Tread from Toynami/Aoshima didn't sell well and a combined Legioss and Tread set from Yamato would be too expensive in 1/35 scale, unless they shrunk it down and made it about the size of CM's.

So personally, I could live without a Yamato Tread, as long as they made a large-ish kick-ass Legioss.

But anyway, yeah, unlikely to happen :(

Graham

I don't know. There was a thread for the Wonderfest in the model forum. You can see if anyone writing there has gone. I'd love to get my hands on one of these. I especially like the metallic painting.

So if Toynami had done the GOSU in its vinyl line instead of 5 of the same Regult in a row that line might not be dead. And maybe some of our friends not been fired. What a shame.

Yes, in vinyl the Toynami GOSU might not looked as good as this Wonderfest resin kit, but I think fans would have ate it up - world wide - instead of losing interest altogether...

So if Toynami had done the GOSU in its vinyl line instead of 5 of the same Regult in a row that line might not be dead. And maybe some of our friends not been fired. What a shame.

Yes, in vinyl the Toynami GOSU might not looked as good as this Wonderfest resin kit, but I think fans would have ate it up - world wide - instead of losing interest altogether...

I think it would have died just as fast if not quicker.

So the demand for the mold-milked regult we've seen in model kit and toy form 20 times over the last 20 years is greater than that of a never before seen mech like the GOSU? You're kidding right?

I never saw anyone mention terms like "demand is so great" or "already sold out" about the Toynami Pods. Oh - here's a slightly green version of the Regult you already have - at double the price. No thanks.

My strong opinion is that they should have done the pod, then Glaug, then light missile, then if everything is going well do the GOSU to keep fans interested in following the line...

My strong opinion is that they should have done the pod, then Glaug, then light missile, then if everything is going well do the GOSU to keep fans interested in following the line...

see, that's the thing, there's a big difference between doing a relatively popular mecha design like the Glaug and something nobody cares about like any enemy mecha from Mospeada. Had they released the Glaug and maybe Q-rau or something in between all the Regults, maybe the line would have done a little better. Releasing just about anything from Mospeada would have gotten about a dozen very load people on the internet very excited and then shelf warmed at online retailers just as bad if not worse than the regults because really, how many peope ACTUALLY care enough about Mospeada to buy toys from it any more?

of course, releasing product in a timely manner, and not being a shitty company in general would have gone a lot further to make the line a success than any choice of subject matter

Still disagree. Why is WAVE about to release a Legioss? Because their is no market for Mospeada?

I realize Macross carries more weight than Mospeada. But head to head I feel a GOSU would outsell a Regult. Not a Glaug maybe but Regult.

And after the news of the slow boat from Toynami late with some Regult variation no one wants, and seeing what they SHOULD HAVE DONE about to be released at Wonderfest for $500 I'm sure. It just cheeses me off some.

Think a $45 GOSU vinyl toy would have done quite well for them, with 2 other variations to milk later on - that's just my opinion...

Edited by DarrinG

Wasn't Ignacio working on the Gosu? I think if I had a decent legioss I would made one by now but it seems that there's more and more people creating for Macrossworld so I'd just wait for the right person to come along and do it.

By the way I checked and a Ariel figure would cost about $125. That's not using the cheapest material but the ideal one for character figures. And it would still need sanding and painting. Not doable is what it would look like.

By the way I checked and a Ariel figure would cost about $125. That's not using the cheapest material but the ideal one for character figures. And it would still need sanding and painting. Not doable is what it would look like.

CMs should have just done Ariel. I mean, you need her for the good ol' Mospeada camp fire diorama.

The Yellow in a dress fig sort of creeps me out and I have no desire to pick that one up (pun?)...

Wasn't Ignacio working on the Gosu? I think if I had a decent legioss I would made one by now but it seems that there's more and more people creating for Macrossworld so I'd just wait for the right person to come along and do it.

I am, but first I'm doing the Iigaa. Got pushed back. I'm finishing the HDP Regult and then I'll resume the Iigaa scratchbuild.

Still disagree. Why is WAVE about to release a Legioss? Because their is no market for Mospeada?

I realize Macross carries more weight than Mospeada. But head to head I feel a GOSU would outsell a Regult. Not a Glaug maybe but Regult.

And after the news of the slow boat from Toynami late with some Regult variation no one wants, and seeing what they SHOULD HAVE DONE about to be released at Wonderfest for $500 I'm sure. It just cheeses me off some.

Think a $45 GOSU vinyl toy would have done quite well for them, with 2 other variations to milk later on - that's just my opinion...

Gotta agree here... I'm hot for more Mospeada items from all makers, especially if they're made to a decent level of quality. It makes sense moreso to get behind toys than what some other co's are marketing today like CDs, luggage tags, etc. The Regults were good, but they got played out quick. It was vinyl, time for a new design. Not the same ol'.

What? Checking back in hours later - still crickets chirping!

I'm surprised the reaction to this isn't greater - its a 1/48th GOSU for gosh sakes!

Now where's my Mospeada peeps?! ...

I would have been a lot more interested if they looked good... :unsure:

JASONC - do we have anyone on these boards that actually goes?

There's a couple of members that go but you have to keep in mind they're in a hurried state to get their own stuff. The models that are in demand disappear so quick and there's a limit per buyer, if someone goes then your items are definitely on the back burner list. Unless you pay someone to go specifically to hunt your items down. That would get really costly. It's cheaper to wait for things like this to hit Yahoo! Japan auctions or have a toy/model hunter track one down after.

and stop calling me JasonC! :p

I get your logic but I really doubt it's true. The Invid items are in hot demand because there are only like 20 of them being sold and they're being sold to resin model-makers... it's a different cup of tea from toy fiends. The incremental costs of releasing more Regults for Toynami were next to nothing after the first version. Putting out a whole new mold is expensive. Other companies sniffed at the Gosu, and considered doing it in vinyl, all have concluded the market just isn't big enough.

That Gosu looks too wide for me. And while I like the Gomu more, the brow on it needs to come down to a point to where it covers the eye about a fourth from the top. I love Iiga and the smaller figures though.

Check out Cyclone's page for reference:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~cyc01/mecha.htm

What about the bottle behind it for scale. Isn't that a 1.25 bottle? Not terribly large just a retirement close up pic.

Yes. Picked it up relatively cheap a few years ago. It's missing a wing.

Were you able to get it before or after the new Treads/Betas started getting released?

If it was before, I'm almost scared to ask what "relatively cheap" means! :lol:

Here's a better scale reference

post-151-0-22284500-1329189816_thumb.jpg

http://dougram.cocolog-nifty.com/taco/

It does look a lot better there. But 15000jpy* + proxy + shipping and then having to commission a customiser to detail it (or risk screwing it up myself)... It's a pass. The falling cost and increasing accuracy of 3D prototyping will see superior kits being produced at a more affordable cost point.

*Assuming that's correct.

It does look a lot better there. But 15000jpy* + proxy + shipping and then having to commission a customiser to detail it (or risk screwing it up myself)... It's a pass. The falling cost and increasing accuracy of 3D prototyping will see superior kits being produced at a more affordable cost point.

*Assuming that's correct.

True dat! That's exactly what I'm saying...

Speaking of Wonderfest kits!

Graham is currently photobombing the front page!

So much droolage.

Thanks Graham and thanks to BlackAces!!!!

Everyone go check it out!!!!

In case you guys don't know the link to the front page is http://www.macrossworld.com/ :lol: