I had no idea Maia didn't have a slot to put her gun into. That's just stupid. Weapons connect to Valks and Alphas, that's the rule. I hate your face Toynami.

Edited by Benson13

Be sure to let us know your detailed thoughts on the Beagle/Toynami. I'd like to know how you think it compares to Yamato's mecha efforts.

It is an absolutely incredible piece in my estimation. I cannot think of any other single toy that equals it in complexity or execution.

Being that those designers design the toys for Yamato, it's on par with what they do.

A question, is the MPC Ray Cyclone supposed to come with both the rifle and pistol version of the Mars Gallant?

I just took the inner plastic tray out of the book-box to fit it my bag for the journey home as the whole book is too big (and I hate those Toynami books) and I can only see the rifle version of the Gallant in the tray.

From the pics I've seen online, I thought it came with both the pistol and rifle Gallant.

Graham

Yup both the Scott and rand come with the pistol and rifle version. It probably slipped thru the packaging. Look around the trays when you get home.

Nope, no sign of it. I searched inside the book-box, in my bag, around my office desk, which is where I took the plastic tray out of the box and put it in my bag and no sign of the H90 pistol :(

Stupidly, it seems that the cutout for the H90 pistol is on the outside of the plastic tray and not covered at all, making it easy for this part to fall out. Or really it was never there, as I don't remember seeing it when I first opened the flip cover of the book box :(

Probably not much use to complain to the seller, as it was sealed and obviously mint and packed very well. Likely a factory packing error.

Anyone wanna sell me a Toyname/Beagle H90 pistol?

Graham

Nope, no sign of it. I searched inside the book-box, in my bag, around my office desk, which is where I took the plastic tray out of the box and put it in my bag and no sign of the H90 pistol :( Stupidly, it seems that the cutout for the H90 pistol is on the outside of the plastic tray and not covered at all, making it easy for this part to fall out. Or really it was never there, as I don't remember seeing it when I first opened the flip cover of the book box :( Probably not much use to complain to the seller, as it was sealed and obviously mint and packed very well. Likely a factory packing error. Anyone wanna sell me a Toyname/Beagle H90 pistol? Graham

I'd complain Graham, I've gotten quite a few Toynami's and some can pass for never opened but they have been. My Cyclone came in mint packaging but I know it had been open before. Everyone I know that has a MPC Cyclone treats it better than their wives.

I hate to be a picture spammer (well, not really) but Graham:

MPC-Cyclone-Box-1.jpg

Are you talking about the two guns next to the Rand figure in this pic? They look like they should be in the same tray as Rand... doesn't seem like it should be too easy to just pop out in normal transit.

Yep, the bottom gallant pistol is the one that's missing.

The figure, bike, Gallant rifle are all sealed under the top clear plastic tray. But not the Gallant pistol. For some weird reason the cut out for the Gallant pistol is on the external part of the clear top plastic tray with nothing covering it or holding it in.

Graham

Graham,

I had a similar situation when I ordered Ray's MPC Cyclone from E-Bay.

The seller (banthatrader) assured me it was case fresh. But low and behold it was missing the Gallant pistol AND rifle.

After a few e-mails to their customer service they were able to send me replacements free of charge.

I'd also check to see if the targeting sight is there too.

Toynami made 4 different SD Legioss figures - designed by Maiden Japan (a member of this forum).

I remember those, they were definitely Toynami's most underrated toys. I had the Rook version and it had a nice sculpt, transformed easily, was very sturdy, and was sold at a low MSRP. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think these were ever reissued or given a v2 revision, which probably means that it didn't sell well.

I remember those, they were definitely Toynami's most underrated toys. I had the Rook version and it had a nice sculpt, transformed easily, was very sturdy, and was sold at a low MSRP. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think these were ever reissued or given a v2 revision, which probably means that it didn't sell well.

Yeah, they were unfortunately too closely associated with the VF-1 Morphers, MPC and every other poorly-recieved toy Toynami was making at the time, so they got largely overlooked and didn't sell well at all. Never reissued, never redone. You could get them for just a few bucks each several years after their release.

Oddly it's my favorite Legioss toy.

Posted in the 'Wanted' forum, but thought I'd post here as well.

Would like to buy just the Mars Gallant Pistol that comes with the Toynami MPC Cyclone / Beagle Mospeada toy (see attached picture).

Just looking for the pistol only, as mine was missing from my MPC Rand Cyclone, recently purchased from ebay :(

Willing to pay US$25 + shipping for the pistol.

If anybody wants to part with their Mars Gallant, please PM me.

Easy 25 bucks :D

Graham

post-11-0-47724200-1329882063.jpg

Check Fuke's knee joints for cracks and also check where the plastic front forks of the bike connect to the red plastic of the frame, as I've found cracking there on mine.

Graham

She checks out OK. Been treating this figure with kid gloves. I can't help but notice how strange her joints are. Do the rest of the CMs figures have diagonal joints?

She checks out OK. Been treating this figure with kid gloves. I can't help but notice how strange her joints are. Do the rest of the CMs figures have diagonal joints?

At work now, so can't check, but IIRC, the male figures don't have diagonal joints.

Graham

No reply so far from either Toynami, Robotech.com or the ebay seller :(

Graham

I don't want to discourage you, but I've sent Toynami three seperate emails in the past about items that were missing/broken (1/100 VF1, MP Alpha, a Futurama figure) and never got any kind of response.

No reply so far from either Toynami, Robotech.com or the ebay seller :(

Graham

Grahah, like others have stated, you probably won't get a response from Toynami or robotech.com. I tried to contact them in the past about my broken MP Alpha and didn't get a response. If the ebay seller isn't responding, maybe you could contact eBay or Paypal (assuming, of course, that you used that form of payment) as ebay/Paypal often sides with the buyer whenever there's a problem.