I remember enjoying Invasion. Standard FPS fare with a transforming motorcycle. What's not to like?

I wanted to like it, but the game was full of bugs. There were places you could go into walls that you weren't supposed to, the characters walked funny due to not using motion capture, and the online play was just incredibly lame. As I was heavy into online FPS and SOCOM games then, I was asked by Tommy what they could do to make the game a success (he asked a few core people in their community back then). He preceeded to tell us all that they wanted to emulate Halo, and that was when my suggestion was to not do that. They were going to fall short if they didn't have the budget big enough, and it'd come off as a cheap copy of it. Along that, there were mentions that piloting the Legioss and Tread would be a huge bonus, and if the were going to do online, make sides of Invid vs. REF, not REF vs. REF. Needless to say, they didn't do anything I, nor anyone else suggested, and while he did let us play mid develop versions of it (early enough to where things could've been fixed), they did nothing. I played it for two days, and it's been in storage ever since.

I remember enjoying Invasion. Standard FPS fare with a transforming motorcycle. What's not to like?

If it had been done as they did with Battlecry.

But improving the gameplay a bit more.

After all, guess I complained not only caught half of the controls, especially in sniper mode.

It would have been good.

But they tried to do something different.

And unfortunately the end result was not up to snuff.

It would be nice, pick up the engine and redo it, if ever release another game in the franchise, or permit to insert the series at some Robot Taisen, or A.C.E.

All the merchandising (i.e. videogame rights) have been given to WB, in case their movie actually does see the light of day. That said, I wouldn't hold my breath for a Robotech game for a good long time.

• 2 weeks later...

C,mon....If the content fo this thread didn't include Robotech posts, it (this thread) would more than likely fade away. If we Mospeada fans want to continue to see Mospeada content, we're going to have to suck it up when it comes to Robotech.

C,mon....If the content fo this thread didn't include Robotech posts, it (this thread) would more than likely fade away. If we Mospeada fans want to continue to see Mospeada content, we're going to have to suck it up when it comes to Robotech.

I was being sarcastic, but I rather the thread faded away than to have looked at that poster.

Mospeada thread... what that suppose to be?

Where the legacy of Mospeada is going outside of Japan, maybe with Southern Cross in tow.

But look at it another way; the official end of the series will finally have to go to the licensed pile on fansub sites, whenever "Coming Soon" actually is. Also, closure.

Is Mospeada,s anniversary nxt yr?

Anything gonna happen other than a few model kits?

(ride armor , please,please,please!!)I,m probably asking too much, but I,ve gotta have a dream that gets me outta bed very morning.

do you want to see that guy's website? he's done fanart for dozens of old robot shows

http://www5e.biglobe.../rakugaki_.html

even has Galvion

Seriously great styling while combining the look of the classic robots with a fresh perspective.

The Orguss looks amazing. I seriously think Yamato should revisit this mecha as well as Dunbine (damn you Bandai :p ).

Edit:

Just looked at the Macross work...WTF, man??

Edited by nightmareB4macross

First, let me start by saying whoever did that art is a much more accomplished artist than I'll ever be.

Having said that, that guy's style does not appeal to me. (speaking specifically about the Legioss above, some of his character stuff and other figures I might find more appealing. The Macross stuff looked... off.)

Edited by jenius

Hi guys, I have been lurking in MW for a few years...an avid mospeada fan since the 80s.

If you like the opening and ending songs of Mospeada, I'm sure you have always wondered who were the singers, right?

Information was really scarce then and from the credits, we knew that the singer for the OP 'In search of lost legends' was someone called 'Andy' while the ED 'Blue Rain' were a duet between Andy and Mine Matsuki.

Well, recently I found this youtube video which finally reveals to us the singing voice for mospeada soundtrack - Andy Koyama:

<p><object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="

First, let me start by saying whoever did that art is a much more accomplished artist than I'll ever be.

Having said that, that guy's style does not appeal to me. (speaking specifically about the Legioss above, some of his character stuff and other figures I might find more appealing. The Macross stuff looked... off.)

I agree that its very stylized representation of the Legioss, I much prefer this line-art accurate look from the Mospeada 'Art Works' book. But I surely would rather see him doing his style and doing much more of it than not at all...

post-8486-0-09892900-1342619860_thumb.jpg

Edited by DarrinG

Hi guys, I have been lurking in MW for a few years...an avid mospeada fan since the 80s.

If you like the opening and ending songs of Mospeada, I'm sure you have always wondered who were the singers, right?

Information was really scarce then and from the credits, we knew that the singer for the OP 'In search of lost legends' was someone called 'Andy' while the ED 'Blue Rain' were a duet between Andy and Mine Matsuki.

Well, recently I found this youtube video which finally reveals to us the singing voice for mospeada soundtrack - Andy Koyama:

Did he do this video 25 years after the original recording? Absolutely love this song. This is what I think of when I see Mospeada, not Robotech's orchestra opening.