That piston in the front of the shin area is bugging me. Why would you need such a large piston in that spot? It's  not visible in the artwork, which I think looks better ( in that area at least).

Screenshot_20230805-204918_Firefox.jpg.81dca27fc2dd8e3222bc31a631c74041.jpgScreenshot_20230805-205014_Firefox.jpg.c551acc7294579d2483c92b161361ef9.jpgScreenshot_20230805-204840_Firefox.jpg.2c7dbe4b36e6812731ab2c67aaae2687.jpgScreenshot_20230805-204852_Firefox.jpg.f60508f03e55dd10e13252d8eaf1bc4d.jpgScreenshot_20230805-204904_Firefox.jpg.2ae20d2e8c1f873274e56eebeab578b9.jpg

Edited by Chas

Ah so the recent Cyclone at SDCC is actually MoShow's. Somehow conflated it with Pose+ earlier.

But what huge difference from the earlier art renderings! The art has that odd rabbit ears and gundam-ised feet, but I do prefer its lines now than the current grey prototype that looks really overdesigned. Plus the wheels have shrunken substantially, such that it now looks more like a mini-bike. 

Dear MoShow, HG/Toynami... was this to much to ask for? Seriously, can we just get a complete set of 80's Anime accurate Ride-Armors in 1/12 or 1/10. 

Genesis Climber Mospeada 機甲創世記モスピーダ | Here In Duckburg

I get what Sentinel is doing with their line but that "Thing" is no Ride-Armor/Cyclone, it's a kit-bash gone terribly wrong.

19 hours ago, sjoebarry said:

Not gonna lie, I really like it. Don’t know why I’ve liked these reinterpretations so much but I do. 

agreed!  i am so hyped over these updates.  pains me to say, thank you HG/robotech/toynami for pursuing this.   Let's get this produced and in collector hands asap!

17 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Seriously, can we just get a complete set of 80's Anime accurate Ride-Armors in 1/12 or 1/10.

Yeah, with all these ugly (and unnecessary) design changes from Sentinel, MoShow, and now Pose+, it's beginning to seem like they're deliberately avoiding copyright infringement or something... 😒

12 hours ago, jenius said:

If we were taking about unlicensed products, sure. Not sure how it would make sense to do a radical alteration to avoid copyright issues then still get the license.

Do they still have the license for Mospeada? Maybe they sense some trouble 

You mean Harmony Gold? From everything we know, they have a solid relationship with Tatsunoko and the license was renewed not too long ago.

If you mean Moshow, I think they must since toynami is showing off the product.

Edited by jenius

I don't think it's a Harmony Gold & Tatsunoko situation as much as it is getting around the Sentinel Genesis Breakers designs. 

However, let's say for just a moment that Sentinel did give HG/MoShow/Toynami the thumbs up to use their designs, if that's what they came up with... I mean why even bother then. 

YARN | I'm Kent Brockman and that was ''My Two Cents.'' | The Simpsons  (1989) - S03E05 Comedy | Video clips by quotes | 6b44efe0 | 紗

16 minutes ago, Mog said:

It just feels like the bike mode is an afterthought.  From various angles, it doesn’t look like a convincing motorcycle.

+1 on this. Bike mode look mangled almost beyond recognition.

I am not a fan of the redesign by Mosho or Pose+ as of now, and I feel surprised saying that.

When Sentinel first posted their pics, a lot of people were commenting on how they preferred the OG design, but I was (and still am) vocal about liking the redesigns and updates.

These ones, however, just aren't doing it for me. Rabbit ear... seriously oversized gauntlet armor... 

The bike mode for the Mosho looks like they based it on the B-King that a guy in Japan modified, with input from Aramaki, to look like a "proto cyclone". Everything else, however, in bike and armor modes, just looks like they're slapping on more bulk to make it look like some sort of thing... but without a real design intent.

It also bugs me a bit that they simply seem to have lifted the mud guard from Sentinel.

I'm still going to try to keep an open mind, but neither one of these is doing it for me as of right now, today. I'm more excited to Breakers than for these, sadly.

4 hours ago, jenius said:

You mean Harmony Gold? From everything we know, they have a solid relationship with Tatsunoko and the license was renewed not too long ago.

If you mean Moshow, I think they must since toynami is showing off the product.

I meant moshow, since they are kinda known for doing the third party not always licensed products 

Tatsunoko Production holds the copyright designs to Genesis Breaker, not Sentinel. If anyone's trying to quietly infringe on Tatsunoko's designs, working with Tatsunoko's longtime partner, Harmony Gold, is the wrong way to go about it.

More than likely, the reason MoShow Toys redesiged the Ride Armors is that they've done their homework. The last time someone (Beagle) masterfully turned Ride Armors into toys, they flopped so hard that they killed Beagle. The lesson learned is that you either make cheap Ride Armor toys or you update them into premium toys, like Sentinel did.

Edited by TheLoneWolf

On 8/7/2023 at 8:24 PM, TheLoneWolf said:

Tatsunoko Production holds the copyright designs to Genesis Breaker, not Sentinel. If anyone's trying to quietly infringe on Tatsunoko's designs, working with Tatsunoko's longtime partner, Harmony Gold, is the wrong way to go about it.

More than likely, the reason MoShow Toys redesiged the Ride Armors is that they've done their homework. The last time someone (Beagle) masterfully turned Ride Armors into toys, they flopped so hard that they killed Beagle. The lesson learned is that you either make cheap Ride Armor toys or you update them into premium toys, like Sentinel did.

I could be remembering wrong but from my recollection, Beagle's ride armors didn't sell because the world was caught in an historic recession. Personally, I think if somebody put out a high quality classic ride armor today, it'd sell just fine.  

54 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

I could be remembering wrong but from my recollection, Beagle's ride armors didn't sell because the world was caught in an historic recession. Personally, I think if somebody put out a high quality classic ride armor today, it'd sell just fine.  

Sigh... that's true. They were so close to releasing Houquet also. What's more frustrating, someone got the molds and probably just tossed them. 

Got it.  Thanks for the clarification.

I get that there’s some things about the Sentinel redesigns that don’t mesh with the original designs.  But the HUD lines on the visors are relatively :db: easy to paint over and hide for a more OG look.

The mudguard can be popped off if one is so inclined.  

The different headlights on the Mospeada bikes are not that big of an issue.

And yes, there’s some additional armor on the redesign’s torsos and upper arms.

But they are pretty damn close to looking like the original designs.

. . . Except for that hot pink on Houquet and the Bartley. :5: Should have went with red for our girl.

8 hours ago, mantisfists said:

You're absolutely right, the Great Recession was a factor in Beagle's demise. There's probably a dozen other legitimate factors that played a role in Beagle's collapse.

But toy companies probably don't care about that. All they saw was a company released the most accurate toy representation of the vintage Ride Armor ever, and they died right afterwards. They're not going to risk their money on that.

So, is there a rule that Stick and Rey always have to be made first for the Ride Armors?  And that the Eta Legioss (the blue one) has to be made first?

I’m mean I get “why” (heroes/main characters), but we’re already dealing with a niche market.

Going first with Yellow or Houquet would be one way for a toy company to stand out from the crowd.

I think it has more to do with Stick and Rey, aside from being the main characters, having the same basic height and sharing the exact same armor and bike, differentiated solely by head sculpt, some colors, and a few accessories; next closest being Yellow with a small amount of unique components and a taller figure, and Houquet/Shinobu requiring a lot more changes than exist between all the boys... which makes me curious as to why Sentinel hasn't announced a Shinobu yet, to amortize their tooling, since they already engineered Houquet's components and all.

Yeah, I get it.  But being forced to ALWAYS get Stick and Rey to start can be a barrier for someone on the fence about getting another set of Ride Armors.

Regarding Sentinel, I figure they were itching to get to their Breakers’ designs instead of risking it with Shinobu.

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

We're so close. :unsure:

48a0274c2a3e5bec7e74cbe1361ee4f2.jpg.f7c03d2e07b006db8cede3deb5c819aa.jpg

3c29f7546c5cb8402485c7f972d0e26d.jpg.f6952f933dedc9deb42ef3d1273f65aa.jpg

49ba949cdf5d78b88b8b1cd2882ef75c.jpg.1ace181d067c9f08d2381833f8989905.jpg

1d324b0ebb5ebad7464071d990211fc1.jpg.daa0a0c42e26878a9c7f6dac42dbcef5.jpg

d49d4093a392dbf80e12c4881c09b740.jpg.4cabb1fe237ed150681b50c7bca2c081.jpg

Seeing these images still hurts my heart.  Think they even had a color prototype that they showed at some show.

Yup….found it.

image.jpeg.6e9fb4b39f5a71cab5fe8de4c7bc9c8d.jpeg

…along with the Fuke figure

image.jpeg.92c3070735892c99b5346fa7003c0f1c.jpeg

Such a shame. For years, I closet lurked on this thread, hoping for some shred of a chance that this particular line rose from the dead. The Sentinel was a good consolation prize as a fan, but there's still a hole in my heart from Beagle dying just before Fuke's release.  Would have been amazing to see what they did with Yellow's ride armor, which was my personal favorite.

@Alex actually pulled off some nice customs of Yellow and Houquet using the Beagle, almost a decade ago :blink::

On 10/12/2013 at 10:17 PM, Alex said:

Still a few things to be done. The bell bottoms are wrong so i'll redo those. Need the headlights installed. Fuke's bfg is still under construction.

I'm fairly happy.

post-3271-0-86533100-1381641272.jpg

post-3271-0-53665700-1381641302_thumb.jpg

post-3271-0-69386500-1381641357_thumb.jpg

On 8/6/2023 at 4:40 AM, Chas said:

That piston in the front of the shin area is bugging me. Why would you need such a large piston in that spot? It's  not visible in the artwork, which I think looks better ( in that area at least).

I agree about the piston. But... the whole sculpt is different from the artwork. 

39 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

I agree about the piston. But... the whole sculpt is different from the artwork. 

Yeah, kinda makes you wonder, if the design changed so much from the art work to the artifact why they would bother to show them together.