37 minutes ago, Mog said:

Sentinel’s rendition looks pretty airworthy:

I would only say sort of.  Sentinel got the design accurate, but it absolutely lives by the rule of anything flying with enough thrust.  Those wings and tails aren't what are keeping it in the air, and the design is mostly a giant bucket of drag.

I've just always thought it would be interesting to make something with the same essential transformation, but expand it out into something closer to a Hornet in size, and actually streamline the rear of the cockpit.

Thrust from the feet AND arms. ;)

Considering the way Stick launches missiles and RPG's like they're going out of style, relying on thrust over aerodynamics kinda fits Mospeada's "screw being subtle" aesthetic. :lol:

5 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I would only say sort of.  Sentinel got the design accurate, but it absolutely lives by the rule of anything flying with enough thrust.  Those wings and tails aren't what are keeping it in the air, and the design is mostly a giant bucket of drag.

I've just always thought it would be interesting to make something with the same essential transformation, but expand it out into something closer to a Hornet in size, and actually streamline the rear of the cockpit.

I don't think this is ever possible if priority is the batroid lineart . 

2 hours ago, DewPoint said:

So I'm guessing that they have no intention of developing a Beta fighter at that scale. That thing would be HUGE! And probably stupid expensive. :vava:  I'd love to see it though.

You are not wrong but considering the size of some of the Pose+ releases especially the ones from Gaogaigar i think there's hope for a Beta fighter.

40 minutes ago, sjoebarry said:

The Legioss is a bit like a MiG-29 or the X-2 shinshin. 

😳

mig-29-18108-01.jpg

For all the flaws of the Mig-29, it remains an absolutely gorgeous fighter... something the Legioss well far from IMO. 

DAYUM!  That Alpha is :wub::wub::wub:  I absolutely LOVE the battloid proportions!  While the VF-1 is kinda sleeker and more slender, the Alpha is a linebacker at heart and this one looks it.

I like the idea of what they're doing with the Cyclone, and while the lower half in Battloid mode looks good, the rest.... :unknw:  It's my fav mecha, but I don't like what I'm seeing here.

14 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Looks like Toynami is at it again with Mospeada toys... they seem to be taking notes from Sentinel.

Pics from TOYARK at SDCC.

SDCC-23-Toynami-031.jpg

SDCC-23-Toynami-035.jpg

SDCC-23-Toynami-022.jpg

SDCC-23-Toynami-032.jpg

https://youtu.be/kXH04n-C-0A

I was surprised to see the Harmony Gold Robotech/Toynami booth at SDCC 2023.

Nothing says Robotech other than to have most of your fixtures dedicated to Macross. Harmony Gold can peddle ALL the Robotech merchandise they want, I won't buy any of it out of respect for the source material.  If you respect the foundation of the IP you love, put your money and time supporting that IP and don't support companies leaching off the source material.

Edited by shazam

What the heck is going on with the head unit on that Legioss/Alpha?

15 minutes ago, Mog said:

It’s as if Optimus Prime and a VF-1S had a love child.

That's  almost exactly what I thought. There's definitely a Transformers feel to it.

4 hours ago, Shawn said:

I think it looks pretty good (Wave Left/New Interpretation right)
Looks a little more Gundam-ish style to me

image.png.a10c8939c49a12ad9f1e658a9c74e80e.png

I never knew it had eyes till this post pointed it out. I always assumed the big white square dome was it's optical sensor. 

I just noticed they actually split the secondary missile box on the Legioss in half so each shoulder gets a piece.  I'm not sure if that makes sense exactly, but I like that it doesn't just hang off of one shoulder that way.

It's actually looking pretty good, I think the pilot looks a little less cramped in that cockpit than on the Sentinel version, like the beefed up the overall scale a little.  I don't know if I would pre-order, but I might try and get one if the price turns out reasonable.  It looks a lot like the Sentinel version, with the legs tucked underneath nicely, so I'll have to keep an eye on it.

That illustrated three-quarter view of the head looks a lot better. On the shots of the prototype the raised chest piece blocks the bottom of head, which creates a very Optimus Prime looking mask effect.

SDCC-23-Toynami-032.jpg.573720d035d551b7d03e396d917e7ae6.jpgimage.png.a10c8939c49a12ad9f1e658a9c74e80e.png.ca5df0746daac60330cce03c8ac9a9e5.png

5 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

I never knew it had eyes till this post pointed it out. I always assumed the big white square dome was it's optical sensor. 

There is a sensor on top of the box. I just like to make that joke. I guess those would be side view sensors, but they always looked like the main eyes to me

10 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Also, pass for me. Not digging the new aesthetics. I'm just waiting for Sentinel's TLEAD. ;)

Aren’t we all?

Haven’t really studied the lineart, but are those circles on either side of the Eta’s face supposed to be missiles or RPG’s?

14 minutes ago, Mog said:

Aren’t we all?

Haven’t really studied the lineart, but are those circles on either side of the Eta’s face supposed to be missiles or RPG’s?

I'm not 100% sure. I'm thinking maybe it's like a last minute emergency missile? :pardon:

legios-internals-02.jpg.1aa8b42ea1b3671307d43a96b1b20e5f.jpg

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm not 100% sure. I'm thinking maybe it's like a last minute emergency missile? :pardon:

legios-internals-02.jpg.1aa8b42ea1b3671307d43a96b1b20e5f.jpg

Chat trust that image.  I don't see landing gears in the legs.  They must materialize when they are deployed.  :crazy:

Could be, but that gray puck doesn't seem to me to be in the correct location to be a landing gear wheel. It looks more like a pivot point for the heel position wise. At least to me anyway. I'm not picking over things that are totally not important. :bigshok:

Agreed that's it's not important but I would interpret it the blue puck as the tire/wheel and the gray puck as the pivot point for the whole mechanism. Tough to say though, maybe the gray puck would be part of the heel and the landing gear pivots out from an internal mechanism. 

It still bugs me that all new toy manufacturers use the Gakken solution of having the sensor array sit on a door rather than having the sensor come out and sit next to the head without a big door under it. 

If I made a Legioss, I would also have the shoulders be much farther toward the front of the chest than most toy manufacturers do (or leave a slot there so the shoulders could be slid forward when a pose required it). Everyone loves to put them toward the back (like this line art) but then the arms can't reach in front of the toy because fo the huge barrel chest.