Not sure what video some of you are watching...at no point did Cyrus say anyone, including those that had already PO, are getting any bonus parts....what he said was that those who PO will get the future light and heavy missile releases at a discount...It seems the parts will not be made available separately...however, based on their past sales...this could change (for example how they eventually sold the "tuna heads" separately...

Honestly, this really means nothing after practically all of their stuff eventually being sold at "shocking" prices anyways...most will probably just wait....especially if the reviews are bad for the standard pod release....

Couple of updates on Heavy Armour & Artillery Battle Pod:

Heavy Armour

Updated PO page: https://www.kitzconcept.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=61&product_id=79

BCF9C137-5E77-4F4F-931B-D14187A2F44D.jpeg.9009296828c9f829b125df80236f5f4b.jpeg

Artillery Battle Pod

PO link: https://www.kitzconcept.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=61&product_id=129

66B55E25-9E88-45CC-B852-24B21A2D0893.jpeg.abdcb02815fae8252cf4a6bf3bdcfe77.jpeg

06DAEEF0-1F11-4750-9B62-E7D80C64C7B2.jpeg.e7ea8957f79d27c92e9832e8cdc7ae45.jpeg

59B8737C-ED4F-4343-B272-04FD0902AAB2.jpeg.acbb49a4f718c8cc6185b8c7b0459510.jpeg

BECA23B6-A1E4-4992-B7FA-F506A93F8D00.jpeg.5b142420bc8e11135f580e12a5b6fa45.jpeg

New video of Artillery Pods:

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/YkLjENyUpoeR85Gr/?mibextid=w8EBqM

The video also mentions yet another additional offer for the Battlepod, that hasn’t been updated anywhere on their website yet. Those who already PO’ed the non-artillery Battlepod will get both artillery missile add-ons as bonuses.

@Pontus It is unknown if KC will extend more slots for this PO bonus from this point onwards, like what they just did for the Heavy Armour VF-1J bonus (50 slots), but hopefully they do!

Edited by MKT

On 2/25/2024 at 1:58 PM, MKT said:

Thanks for that!  ...Aaaaand, nope.  I paid $70 for the first one, but now they want $140 for "two for the price of a single product" which is supposedly now double the price. (edit, $70 was the deposit, it's actually $133) Still seemed like a good deal until I went to check out and the express shipping was $100 - despite it being only $35 for my original preorder - or standard shipping which they say takes 4mo.  If they ever actually release the darn thing and have some extras on sale later, I'll consider it, but otherwise, they can keep their 💩!

Edited by Pontus

4 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

What's the consensus here? Does anyone know what the actual postage ought to be from HK?

IS KC padding it?

Great question..  on a plus side when KC ships something I get it very quickly.. like DHL quickly. 

Is the price from HK that much higher then say Japan?  I order from Amiami and use DHL and its not this expensive and bigger items..

14 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Great question..  on a plus side when KC ships something I get it very quickly.. like DHL quickly.

Even their surface rate gives me a double take. I'm even wondering about that.

The heavy and light missile regults and the standard and scout versions all have different markings....I doubt that KC will do 4 separate tampo applications depending on the regult type....but I can see it happening...a possible second production batch being made with correct markings...;)

Think I will ask them about it anyways

Edited by jvmacross

large.Screenshot_20240226-153648_Chrome.

Their VF-1 V 2.X, unlike their V 1.0, is mostly made of plastic with the exception of the feet and hip joint...

The regult has more plastic and if the legs are more diecast than plastic...it will definitely be heavier than their VF-1..

Plus the "special" bundle may also include at least 2 articulated pilot figs plus their swappable missile packs...I assume they are trying to make the packaging for the Battle Pod as small as possible....

100 usd may actually be correct...they are using HK Express so not sure if DHL, FedEx, or UPS would be any cheaper for them to use...I think that would be like using EMS....which is always the most expensive option for me when shipping from Japan...

I don't ship anything from HK or China these days...other than the KC stuff....so not sure if anyone else has recent shipping cost examples from HK

50 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

robotech_tactics_pic__macross_saga__mech

Some people really underestimate Max’s skills. He’s great at piloting, great at video games, great with the ladies and great at alterations. To be able to make a jacket that fits such a tiny dude go over his 1-A in only a few minutes is an amazing task.

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

large.Screenshot_20240226-153648_Chrome.

Their VF-1 V 2.X, unlike their V 1.0, is mostly made of plastic with the exception of the feet and hip joint...

The regult has more plastic and if the legs are more diecast than plastic...it will definitely be heavier than their VF-1..

Plus the "special" bundle may also include at least 2 articulated pilot figs plus their swappable missile packs...I assume they are trying to make the packaging for the Battle Pod as small as possible....

100 usd may actually be correct...they are using HK Express so not sure if DHL, FedEx, or UPS would be any cheaper for them to use...I think that would be like using EMS....which is always the most expensive option for me when shipping from Japan...

I don't ship anything from HK or China these days...other than the KC stuff....so not sure if anyone else has recent shipping cost examples from HK

Not saying it's wrong, but when I can (still) get EMS in the sub-$40 range from Japan, I really have to wonder why their shipping is more than 2x as expensive, from a similarly distant region.

I don't suppose there's anyone in the south-bay who wants to combine orders to cut the shipping costs down a bit?

The nearly $60 surface shipping for the two artillery battle pods made me put the brakes on too. Definitely not paying $100 shipping for the standard shipping option. 

I thought maybe there was some better deal than the preorder on the website for the pair, but that's it. I emailed them with my pre-order for the first battle pod (two years ago) but they just told me to go ahead and order them. There was no special link to a sale or anything. 

2 hours ago, Big s said:

To be able to make a jacket that fits such a tiny dude go over his 1-A in only a few minutes is an amazing task.

There is no "one size fits all" Zentradi...never has been...the only size that matters is the one that moves the plot along...oh and I'm good with what is shown on that scale illustration too...among others

17 hours ago, jvmacross said:

You may want to check that...$70-ish was just a "deposit"

Yup, you're right, my bad.  And $100 for shipping 2 large toys doesn't seem that bad.

For all the promo & bonuses KC is doing for the Battlepods, the biggest gap is that the Artillery Battlepods have no soldier figure.

At least, it is not mentioned in their listing and hopefully it is an oversight. Otherwise, it sucks that a key feature of the Battlepod remain incomplete for the Artillery ones.

Meanwhile, here’s the HK Post rate calculator:

https://webapp.hongkongpost.hk/en/postage_calculator/index.html#

Let's try to stay focused on the toys themselves...  also...no need to spread misinformation on any of these releases until we know the facts from KC themselves...unlike other Macross vendors, they are pretty good at answering questions via email or their Facebook page...so no need to post wrong or unknown info on this thread...

15 minutes ago, jenius said:

My order is in, looking forward to them!

I'd love it if you could really go into the quality of the plastic when you do your review. I mean, not just that it's like the previous valk quality (if it even is), but how fragile or durable it is, and how far above model kit quality (if it is).

We live vicariously through you, you know. ;)

4 hours ago, Radioguy said:

I'd love it if you could really go into the quality of the plastic when you do your review. I mean, not just that it's like the previous valk quality (if it even is), but how fragile or durable it is, and how far above model kit quality (if it is).

We live vicariously through you, you know. ;)

I with there was a more objective way to judge that... feel can be so misleading. I thought my threezero scopedogs felt good but all of them had breaks.  Sadly, time these days is super limited so anyone living vicariously through me is going to have to be very patient!

That Roy 1S armor is actually quite appealing. Although non-canon, I think these kinda schemes makes KC valks more attractive. Don’t really need another normal 1J Armored when already have them in all the other scales..

yes and they have to make the molds profitable 😉

However, it's Macross over and over again... As a Robotech toy maker, I wish they explored the concepts of Southern Cross and Mospeada more...