PLAMAX 1/72 VF-1 Valkyrie

TMBounty_Hunter

14 hours ago, Bolt said:

Can't wait to see the dioramas with this one.

I’ve always wanted to build a diorama with a couple brown VF-1As defending a city street with a group of Regults rounding the corner at the other end of the block. I envision having one Battroid crouching in a huge bomb crater in the street with another taking cover at the corner of a building. I never thought the Hasegawa Battroid would have the flexibility to do those poses, but the Plamax model definitely looks like it could. Can’t wait to see them release the -1A.

2 hours ago, VF-1A Grunt said:

I’ve always wanted to build a diorama with a couple brown VF-1As defending a city street with a group of Regults rounding the corner at the other end of the block. I envision having one Battroid crouching in a huge bomb crater in the street with another taking cover at the corner of a building. I never thought the Hasegawa Battroid would have the flexibility to do those poses, but the Plamax model definitely looks like it could. Can’t wait to see them release the -1A.

I’m still waiting to see how much movement the knees and feet get, but I’m hopeful after seeing the shoulder and torso movement.

On 4/1/2024 at 1:41 PM, VF-1A Grunt said:

I'd love to see that done!!!

On 4/1/2024 at 10:32 PM, Big s said:

I’m still waiting to see how much movement the knees and feet get, but I’m hopeful after seeing the shoulder and torso movement.

I love the articulation Max Factory is giving to this kit so far, the one I'd like confirmation on is if it can pivot it shoulders forward for natural two hand Gunpod holding, because I hope we finally get to do this:

macross-movie-3.webp.fb80de5b3a5b30d75b0e73193dc23b0a.webp

1 hour ago, lechuck said:

I love the articulation Max Factory is giving to this kit so far, the one I'd like confirmation on is if it can pivot it shoulders forward for natural two hand Gunpod holding, because I hope we finally get to do this:

macross-movie-3.webp.fb80de5b3a5b30d75b0e73193dc23b0a.webp

IMG_2555.jpeg.34039156fbaebbd48bbd80699924913a.jpegJust swing the arm forward and it shouldn’t be a problem with that extra joint there

^ Coverage of Plamax Battroid starts at 22:55. Some things of note that I'm not sure have been covered:

- includes waterslides

- VF-1D battroid in the works, with parts to build a collapsed gunpod (parts not included with the J release)

- 31:20 perhaps someone more learned can translate for me, they're talking something about the arms having points you can drill out...? They put up reference art of the VF-1 featuring bullet damage, so maybe they've added those points to easily recreate that artwork? They also showed a bullet marks decal sheet, Maybe a first-run bonus or something???

- They finish off with a quick discussion about the VF-19 Fire Valkyrie model development, plus an audience poll on favorite VF-19 variant...?

Watched with Subs enabled and from my run, it seems like the decals with the bullet holes are coming with the vf-1d, which would be awesome.

They also said  the VF-1D would have 23 'secret' changes from the VF-1J on display, so that us super interesting (if youtube translate is working)

thanks for the video link!! :)

34 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

perhaps someone more learned can translate for me, they're talking something about the arms having points you can drill out...?

Yes, to mount the gunpod to the arm.

36 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

They also showed a bullet marks decal sheet

They specifically said it wouldn't be appropriate for the model to be designed with battle damage, so the decals will be included for those who want to display it like that.

They also mentioned two different sets of decals will be included, one with only markings accurate to the anime, and the other with more realistic aircraft detailing as typically depicted on the box art. 

58 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Watched with Subs enabled and from my run, it seems like the decals with the bullet holes are coming with the vf-1d, which would be awesome.

They also said  the VF-1D would have 23 'secret' changes from the VF-1J on display, so that us super interesting (if youtube translate is working)

thanks for the video link!! :)

There were some teaser pictures of the 1D a couple weeks ago that showed it with the bullet holes in the chest plate. I’ll see if I can find those later.

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

- includes waterslides

That was mentioned in the product specifications back when the preorders opened up. I would’ve skipped the preorder if it wasn’t mentioned. I think only the first version of the fighter just had the stickers and I think they learned a lesson and started including them on all the Macross stuff since then.

I never bought that first fighter due to the lack of waterslides and really glad that I did

Maybe I missed it, but I don’t think they showed the knee bend. All the other articulation looks great and are massive improvements over the hasegawa kits. But I still was hoping someone would show that off before the kit gets to my door in a couple months 

Thanks for the clarifications, all. Is there a particular for the battle damage? Like is there a particularly iconic scene/art of the VF-1D looking like that? Oof, my memory of SDFM is so faded now...

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

Thanks for the clarifications, all. Is there a particular for the battle damage? Like is there a particularly iconic scene/art of the VF-1D looking like that? Oof, my memory of SDFM is so faded now...

I couldn’t find the picture, but it had the prototype of the VF-1D with the decals on the chest and in the background it had pictures from the show with the battle damage. I think it was the scene right before he crashed , but it could also have been while he was fumbling around with his new lady friend. It’s been a while for me as well 

It’s at the end of Episode 1, when Hikaru comes under fire while flying with Roy, loses control, and starts falling towards the city.  He changes to Gerwalk, and that’s the first time you see bullet (laser?) holes on the top of his VF-1D. After he crashes through the buildings and stands up in Battroid mode, the bullet holes are on the chest plate.

1 hour ago, VF-1A Grunt said:

It’s at the end of Episode 1, when Hikaru comes under fire while flying with Roy, loses control, and starts falling towards the city.  He changes to Gerwalk, and that’s the first time you see bullet (laser?) holes on the top of his VF-1D. After he crashes through the buildings and stands up in Battroid mode, the bullet holes are on the chest plate.

I kinda figured that’s when it happened, but it’s been a while. Thanks for the clarification 

When he gets hit:

Screenshot_20240407-162639_Firefox.jpg.1c18e136b92bb97e4b5dcb08f0686d83.jpg

Visible in transformation as he falls from the sky:

Screenshot_20240407-162558_Firefox.jpg.9b055c21ae93a92f325f29141dc132c9.jpg

And when he comes to a stop ( after destroying the Studio Nue building) in battroid mode amongst the rubble:

Screenshot_20240407-162808_Firefox.jpg.60c878b9c7d1f06a3a58aad96109284d.jpg

And after he gets back on his feet:

Screenshot_20240407-163800_Firefox.jpg.3c78b7f60aad86beb702559ea84e6263.jpg

And in episode two:

Screenshot_20240407-164201_Firefox.jpg.1b79b10880c7d13bd333aedf8d8936c5.jpg

Edited by Chas

1 hour ago, VF-1A Grunt said:

It’s funny how the bullet hole locations kept shifting around from one scene to the next!

Nah, those are different 1-D’s. You can tell by the head coloring

47 minutes ago, Big s said:

Nah, those are different 1-D’s. You can tell by the head coloring

You're kidding, right?

Screenshot_20240407-221131_Firefox.jpg.8f762e2d46c38be0bc89690c95220020.jpg

As for the changes in position or the holes. This was hand drawn animation remember.

Edited by Chas

1 hour ago, Chas said:

You're kidding, right?

Screenshot_20240407-221131_Firefox.jpg.8f762e2d46c38be0bc89690c95220020.jpg

As for the changes in position or the holes. This was hand drawn animation remember.

Yeah, I was just kiddin. It’s just funny that in all three above pictures of it above in battroid mode, there’s odd differences. The first two have an orange head and the last one is only tan. The first is missing a thin black stripe at the top of the chest plate and the bullet holes are all over the place. It makes it look like a team of newbies all got shot down within seconds 

20 hours ago, Big s said:

Yeah, I was just kiddin. It’s just funny that in all three above pictures of it above in battroid mode, there’s odd differences. The first two have an orange head and the last one is only tan. The first is missing a thin black stripe at the top of the chest plate and the bullet holes are all over the place. It makes it look like a team of newbies all got shot down within seconds 

Many newbies died that day...😢

16 minutes ago, Urashiman said:

Got this one here now:

IMG_7400.jpeg.ec46e9c7cdd4cc14862d17653305afc5.jpeg

Just a rebox of the first one, but this time with water slide decals. :)

Yeah, but that’s kinda to be expected. The markings are also a different set for those that wanted someone other than Roy or Hikaru, but that’s just recolored decals. Now people can do the Kakizaki vs Queadluun Rau diorama 😞

7 hours ago, Big s said:

Yeah, but that’s kinda to be expected. The markings are also a different set for those that wanted someone other than Roy or Hikaru, but that’s just recolored decals. Now people can do the Kakizaki vs Queadluun Rau diorama 😞

That is dark man…

but, yeah. I expected that as well. I have a kakizaki Hasegawa VF-1 already. Was thinking of a simple DYRL Max theme this time.

• 2 weeks later...