PLAMAX 1/72 VF-1 Valkyrie

TMBounty_Hunter

It’s too bad they didn’t include the decals for Roy as well. And I feel bad for anyone that already purchased the standard version without waterslide decals. And then for people that just want to snap it together, this isn’t even molded white. 
basically this release is for anyone that was already gonna put in the work for paint and skipped the first release.

Hope they get smart and just release these with waterslide decals to begin with 

6 hours ago, Urashiman said:

Ah weird ... I haven't seen that. Thanks!

It’s ok, it just went up for preorder last night and I hadn’t heard anything before seeing the listing kinda by accident. At first I thought it was just a normal rerelease, but this is an odd special metallic color with both stickers and a water slide decal sheet. I almost completely passed it by

Battroid comes out March of 2024 for 3,800 yen and that's really not that bad of a price for it

https://www.goodsmile.info/ja/product/14346/PLAMAX+1+72+VF+1J+バトロイドバルキリー+一条輝機.html

https://twitter.com/MXF_official/status/1656494838421024769

Fv0LEwgaYAIm45f?format=jpg&name=orig
Fv0LJJvaYAAUjlV?format=jpg&name=orig

Fv0LJqlaMAAn4e9?format=jpg&name=orig

Edited by TMBounty_Hunter

2 hours ago, Bolt said:

I will say. The battroid looks good. Very dynamic and i like the tweaks they've done to it. I also like that it comes with a standing Hikaru.

I love when they’re a little dude with my bots, but the insta buy moment was when I saw that it includes water slide decals. That’s a smart move

I guess they at least have plans for the 1a and 1s as well as strike and super parts. The wing options are nice as well, couldn’t see if they had hard points, but since they showed missiles I’m assuming they’re there. They will also need a standing movie pilot suit and sitting tv pilots for future kits. Also gotta see if they do gerwalk kits. Looks like they also have square hands and options forge different 1a heads as well as 1d parts.

Max Factory seems to be a bit more completionist than Bandai sand might be able to get at least the majority of the on screen Valkyrie variants. They do pretty well with Dougram for example, so I’m fairly confident they’ll put out as much as possible. Maybe they’ll get ambitious and give us destroids as well or at least a Spartan to fill in the gap left by wave in this scale.

as far as 1/72 Hasegawa has some real competition and might do better to do the obscure variants rather than on screen stuff

8 hours ago, Big s said:

I guess they at least have plans for the 1a and 1s as well as strike and super parts. The wing options are nice as well, couldn’t see if they had hard points, but since they showed missiles I’m assuming they’re there. They will also need a standing movie pilot suit and sitting tv pilots for future kits. Also gotta see if they do gerwalk kits. Looks like they also have square hands and options forge different 1a heads as well as 1d parts.

Max Factory seems to be a bit more completionist than Bandai sand might be able to get at least the majority of the on screen Valkyrie variants. They do pretty well with Dougram for example, so I’m fairly confident they’ll put out as much as possible. Maybe they’ll get ambitious and give us destroids as well or at least a Spartan to fill in the gap left by wave in this scale.

as far as 1/72 Hasegawa has some real competition and might do better to do the obscure variants rather than on screen stuff

Maybe they would take a crack at the Macross itself? Perhaps even other ships in the later series?

I definitely want to check out this battroid in all its variants. I'm also still pretty loyal, when it comes to Hase's fighter mode though. And their offering of various Deculture is still quite diverse.  

Went ahead and pre ordered the battroid version. Don't really care about the fighter mode, unless they release a super strike set that looks better than the Hasegawa or Bandai version (doubtful). Long wait for the battroid, but i like the proportioned anime look a lot. 

On 5/11/2023 at 10:51 PM, no3Ljm said:

There's a part of me that has nostalgia for the old rounded hands (both in the show, and the old kits that had them), but a bigger part of adult me can't get past the fact that these rounded hands on this kit clearly wouldn't fit inside the arms. The 3d concept design work seems to indicate some mechanical style hands may be included as well? I'd probably opt for those.

On 5/18/2023 at 10:51 AM, KOG Water Dragon said:

There's a part of me that has nostalgia for the old rounded hands (both in the show, and the old kits that had them), but a bigger part of adult me can't get past the fact that these rounded hands on this kit clearly wouldn't fit inside the arms. The 3d concept design work seems to indicate some mechanical style hands may be included as well? I'd probably opt for those.

You could always switch with the Hasegawa hands.

On 5/18/2023 at 10:51 AM, KOG Water Dragon said:

I believe that they are planning more than just this 1j. They have plans shown for movie options for other models. If this isn’t the one you want a movie 1a or1s might be worth waiting for.

12 minutes ago, Big s said:

I believe that they are planning more than just this 1j. They have plans shown for movie options for other models. If this isn’t the one you want a movie 1a or1s might be worth waiting for.

I do like the J head and Hikaru's TV colors though. So either I can live with the round hands or swap em out.

On 5/18/2023 at 12:51 PM, KOG Water Dragon said:

a bigger part of adult me can't get past the fact that these rounded hands on this kit clearly wouldn't fit inside the arms.

I've always reasoned away the rounded hands as being cushioned and/or ballooning material for softer handling of materials/people, that shrinks down around a mechanical skeleton when stored away in the arms.

1 minute ago, kajnrig said:

I've always reasoned away the rounded hands as being cushioned and/or ballooning material for softer handling of materials/people, that shrinks down around a mechanical skeleton when stored away in the arms.

That's a creative idea but... would soft cushioned hands be good for precision handling of the gunpod? Good for lifting or moving heavy objects? For punching Zentran in the face?

53 minutes ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

That's a creative idea but... would soft cushioned hands be good for precision handling of the gunpod? Good for lifting or moving heavy objects? For punching Zentran in the face?

They were spectacular failures, hence why they swapped to mechanical hands in the movie. MY LOGIC IS INFALLIBLE. :lol:

2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

They were spectacular failures, hence why they swapped to mechanical hands in the movie. MY LOGIC IS INFALLIBLE. :lol:

They may have been a failure in Macross, but a secret win for gundam.

All joking aside, I’m surprised they still use round hands on a good amount of designs from that series 

32 minutes ago, Big s said:

They may have been a failure in Macross, but a secret win for gundam.

All joking aside, I’m surprised they still use round hands on a good amount of designs from that series 

In Gundam? I haven't seen rounded hands for a while... I think Witch from Mercury, Hathaway's Flash, Unicorn, etc use mechanical blocky hands.

4 hours ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

I can just imagine the radio chatter on that one...

Hikaru:"ROY!!! A battlepod shot me in my hands and they're deflating!!!!"

Roy Fokker: "Hmm.... sounds like a personal problem, Hikaru..."

Hikaru:"...."

17 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

I can just imagine the radio chatter on that one...

Hikaru:"ROY!!! A battlepod shot me in my hands and they're deflating!!!!"

Roy Fokker: "Hmm.... sounds like a personal problem, Hikaru..."

Hikaru:"...."

Now all I can think of when I see the old rounded hands is Baymax from Big Hero 6...