12 hours ago, Duymon said:

The Exchange rate is so good you can now buy Metal Robot Hazels for cheaper , after shipping, from Japan than it costed to order locally from P-Bandai USA O_o

dayam.png

It's a returned item with a used-good rating. If price is so low, it could be one returned more than once, thus should be cheaper. 

This is not the price for a new, sealed, never opened one. 

Again I must ask: What is up with that backpack thing? Is that going to be where its mine weapon is stored? Also can't say I'm a fan of the sub-arms, Have there been any product pics besides that magazine scan? Seems crazy they'll be opening up preorders in a week with only the barest promotion.

On 9/23/2023 at 10:50 PM, kajnrig said:

For my part, I just think it's a great-looking design. I don't have much attachment to the OVA it's from, or even the scenes it's featured in, but I love the way it looks. It manages to exude both bulk and speed, such that you readily accept when it's said in-universe to be designed for hit-and-run tactics. Additionally, I forget who said it in the past, but someone here made the good point that it manages to be a more elegant execution of the "all dakka all day" look that the Full Armor Unicorn Gundam would also attempt 20 years later. Where the Unicorn's FA form looks unwieldy and cumbersome, the Kampfer's "Full Armor" form... doesn't.

0080 is one of the best UC timeline OVAs and IMO ranks up there with 0080MST and 0083 Stardust Memory.

But I'm a huge fan of 70s, 80 and 90s UC era anime.

On 9/25/2023 at 6:07 PM, kajnrig said:

Again I must ask: What is up with that backpack thing? Is that going to be where its mine weapon is stored? Also can't say I'm a fan of the sub-arms, Have there been any product pics besides that magazine scan? Seems crazy they'll be opening up preorders in a week with only the barest promotion.

On 9/25/2023 at 7:01 PM, anime52k8 said:

it's the chain mine. you can see the handle with a cable sticking out of it.

From what I remember in the OVA, the chain mine is not an original Kampfer weapon, was it not? He just got it from a truck/convoy that transport weapons, right? Unless, it's a truck originally from Zeon that was planted in the factory?

I haven't seen the OVA for years so I'm just trying to remember about the chain mine.

With this being a hijack /destroy  operations , I’m pretty sure the Zeon SpOP team staged the parked truck with the mines there so they can use it .    It’s like staging ammo or weapons along a route since the mobile suit could only carry so much at a time .

1 hour ago, F360 said:

With this being a hijack /destroy  operations , I’m pretty sure the Zeon SpOP team staged the parked truck with the mines there so they can use it .    It’s like staging ammo or weapons along a route since the mobile suit could only carry so much at a time .

If I remember correctly they only assembled the mobile suit in the wear house and the weapons were in cache spots throughout the city. The chain mine was the last pickup on the way to the gundam. I may be mistaken, but I think that the suit only had the internal weapons like the Vulcans and beam sabers to start and picked up everything else along the way and the feddies didn’t counterattack until after it was pretty much fully loaded other than the chain mine that was in the truck. I’d imagine they either planned to use it to demolish the walls to where the Alex was stored in case they captured it or to destroy the Alex in case that mission failed. Mikhail unfortunately was probably so drunk that his reaction time was too slow after using the chain mine to see that it didn’t work. 

Scans from Figure Oh.

CCS_CYBASTER-CG-05JP.jpg.f580ad4419023b78bd3cc6d30efb8699.jpg

463685-991E3040-EF88-47EA-96DF-8464634AD32D.jpg.55c7e76cdc0651c49e73edc546bfbb27.jpg

From TamashiiWeb Metal Build Kampfer Banner:

METAL BUILD ケンプファー
10月2日詳細公開
10月3日受注開始予定
2024年2月発送!

METAL BUILD Kampfer
Details to be released on October 2.
Orders will start accepting on October 3.
Shipping in February 2024!

Edited by no3Ljm

13 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

you're right, it was just sort of there in a parked truck. which is weird because he goes right for it like he was expecting it to be there.

12 hours ago, F360 said:

10 hours ago, Big s said:

If I remember correctly they only assembled the mobile suit in the wear house and the weapons were in cache spots throughout the city. 

Strategic caches would make sense, but the Kampfer rises up out of the warehouse already fully decked out. That in mind, it really is sort of goofy that it confidently reaches into a random-ass truck and just happens to pull out the exact armed and ready weapon it needs. Imagine if it did so with such bravado and in its hand was like two industrial bags of sugar. POCKET SAND!

There are some other goofy bits in the OVA now that I'm rewatching it, like how each of its weapons seems to only have a single shot loaded. Like seriously, it takes out a presumably fresh rocket launcher, blows a hole in the roof of the Alex storage warehouse, then in the next shot it has a shotgun in hand. At least it gets TWO shots out of that one before tossing it aside. :lol:

Anyway, I'm in agreement about the color choice. They could have easily overdone it, too saturated or too dull, too bright or too dark, etc. That said, I do prefer the darker of the two tones used here, and I think it would have been better if they had just stuck with that one tone, or very subtle variations on it. But good color choice regardless... at least so far. Bandai are well known to digitally manipulate promo pics, so it wouldn't surprise me if the final product was noticeably different from the promo photos and/or prototype.

an online shop already opened PO for the Kampfer for 43000 yen (retail seems to be 39600 yen with tax so I think price is decent) and currently with 7 available slots. Same shop also has the metal robot Hazel Titan colors for 20k yen (apologies for not mentioning the name of the shop for obvious reasons :). You can always do google-fu though, they're not hidden or anything. Shop looks reliable so far as I got some of my metal builds there this year including GN-arms and Deathscythe at decent prices).

Edited by pafy6285

4 hours ago, pafy6285 said:

an online shop already opened PO for the Kampfer for 43000 yen (retail seems to be 39600 yen with tax so I think price is decent) and currently with 7 available slots. Same shop also has the metal robot Hazel Titan colors for 20k yen (apologies for not mentioning the name of the shop for obvious reasons :). You can always do google-fu though, they're not hidden or anything. Shop looks reliable so far as I got some of my metal builds there this year including GN-arms and Deathscythe at decent prices).

If it's reliable then why not tell us what's the online shop is? :unknw:

Metal Robot Damashii TR-1 Hazel & Hrududu are now up for preorder. 

Gundam TR-1 Hazel Custom (Combat Deployment Color) & Option Parts Set
https://anime-export.com/index.php?product=73131
https://hobby-genki.com/en/gundam/23562-metal-robot-spirits-side-ms-g-parts-hrududu-combat-deployment-colors-advanced-parts-set.html
https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/robot-spirits-damashii/104371-robot-spirits-side-ms-advance-of-z-flag-of-titans-rx-121-1-gundam-tr-1-hazel-custom-option-parts-set-bandai-spirits-.html
https://www.biginjap.com/en/completed-models/29573-advance-of-zeta-metal-robot-damashii-side-ms-gundam-tr-1-hazel-custom-combat-deployment-colors-options-parts-set.html
https://kuramatoys.com/metal-robot-spirits-side-ms-gundam-tr-1-hazel-custom-combat-deployment-colors-optional-parts-set/

mrs_gundamtr1_MjTRRa8Y_lp.jpg.c17fff4d22ee085088db3afd0ca92641.jpg

G-Parts [Hrududu] (Combat Deployment Color) & Advanced Parts Set
https://anime-export.com/index.php?product=73128
https://hobby-genki.com/en/gundam/23559-metal-robot-spirits-side-ms-g-parts-hrududu-combat-deployment-colors-advanced-parts-set.html
https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/robot-spirits-damashii/104372-robot-spirits-side-ms-advance-of-z-flag-of-titans-g-parts-hrududu-advanced-parts-set-bandai-spirits-.html
https://www.biginjap.com/en/completed-models/29574-advance-of-zeta-metal-robot-damashii-side-ms-g-parts-hrududu-combat-deployment-colors-advanced-parts-set.html
https://kuramatoys.com/metal-robot-spirits-side-ms-g-parts-hrududu-combat-deployment-colors-advanced-parts-set/

mrs_gparts_9NxaNnI9_lp.jpg.a0096023b1047c47bef37ba298d971dc.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

I just nabbed the last set of Hazel + Hrududu parts on AE. $240 ain't bad for the entire set. Just have to pay shipping in April.

It'll by my 4th metal robot Hazel but can you really have too much Hazel? I think even with shipping the exchange rate makes it cheaper to buy from Japan since Bamco still tries to charge ~ 1usd = 100 yen in P-bandai US

Edited by Duymon

4 minutes ago, Duymon said:

I just nabbed the last set of Hazel + parts on AE. $240 ain't bad for the entire set. Just have to pay shipping in April.

It'll by my 4th metal robot Hazel but can you really have too much Hazel? :p

Not bad, same price as P-Bandai US before tax. 

2 hours ago, Duymon said:

I just nabbed the last set of Hazel + Hrududu parts on AE. $240 ain't bad for the entire set. Just have to pay shipping in April.

It'll by my 4th metal robot Hazel but can you really have too much Hazel? I think even with shipping the exchange rate makes it cheaper to buy from Japan since Bamco still tries to charge ~ 1usd = 100 yen in P-bandai US

AE always limits 1 per customer and it shows sold out for that customer if they place an order. Both are still showing available for me.

8 hours ago, Duymon said:

5 hours ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

AE always limits 1 per customer and it shows sold out for that customer if they place an order. Both are still showing available for me.

Yup. This is true with AE for items that is limit to 1 per customer. Once you put the item in your cart, it will automatically shows Sold Out. Which I got worried first because I haven't done thru the payment process so I thought I won't be able to nab the item since it's already showing 'Sold Out'. Thought I got cartjacked or something. :lol:

8 hours ago, Duymon said:

I envy you. I love the AoZ mechas. Would love to have all the Hazel variants in MRD form. :wub:

But in order to do that I have to buy multiples which at this point I can't bring myself of doing it. Lack of space and budget. :unsure:

2 hours ago, bleecher said:

Got a notice from my proxy service that the Metal Build XL-3 booster arrived. This isn't even supposed to be out yet is it?

Booster Option Set will be released in November. Laevatein Arbalest figure on the other hand is this September.

On 9/28/2023 at 4:12 AM, no3Ljm said:

I'd much prefer if they kept doing TR-6 variants instead of TR-1s. I want a Haze'n-thley II damn it. heck I'd buy a metal robot Inle if they were so crazy as to do that.