TOM seem to have opened PO for MS RX-93 for $900 with a 25% cashback (if premium member; also note that you can only use the cashback on your succeeding orders): https://otakumode.com/shop/6508fe023b1895001dfbdc76/Kaitai-Shou-Ki-Mobile-Suit-Gundam-Char’s-Counterattack-RX-93-ν-Gundam. Obviously it's gone now, lol. Seems to be the best price among retailers so far.

23 minutes ago, Scyla said:

¥218000 is that the regular preorder price or have they inflated it?

It’s a market price and AE is releasing like in a week so I assume it’s in stock item. However, the sazabi they are selling is 298000 which is a good price close to US release price 2000USD

Edited by carlsylar

A novel and bold move by Bandai to initiate a new animation entry in the Metal Build line with a non-Gundam or non-hero mecha. I guess that means to also start saving money for the eventual MB Gundam NT-1 release (Chobham armour P-Bandai release :)).

Maybe someone can explain, but personally I have never understood this love affair for the Kämpfer. If my memory is not failing me, it featured briefly in one episode and didn't really do anything noteworthy, only to quickly get dispatched by the NT-1?

25 minutes ago, lechuck said:

A novel and bold move by Bandai to initiate a new animation entry in the Metal Build line with a non-Gundam or non-hero mecha. I guess that means to also start saving money for the eventual MB Gundam NT-1 release (Chobham armour P-Bandai release :)).

Maybe someone can explain, but personally I have never understood this love affair for the Kämpfer. If my memory is not failing me, it featured briefly in one episode and didn't really do anything noteworthy, only to quickly get dispatched by the NT-1?

Well, it does star in one of the best OAV series from the Gundam saga. It takes down an entire GM platoon by itself. Its pilot has more charisma than most of the pilots from the non UC universe. Despite the fact that it has to fight with a far superior MS it is almost able to beat him. So, definitely does not get much screen time but what it does with the time that is given to it well, it's really legendary.

2 hours ago, lechuck said:

The Kampfer is one of the few special force units.  Its a hit and run tactical mobile Suit.  For what it suppose to do, it excel at it.   It was on screen for only a short time, but it did more than its share of a** kicking.   Its also one of the few Zeon MS that is in a darker blue color,  which is similar to what SDU and Swat teams use to wear.  :lol:

1 hour ago, F360 said:

The Kampfer is one of the few special force units.  Its a hit and run tactical mobile Suit.  For what it suppose to do, it excel at it.   It was on screen for only a short time, but it did more than its share of a** kicking.   Its also one of the few Zeon MS that is in a darker blue color,  which is similar to what SDU and Swat teams use to wear.  :lol:

More than SWAT, it's more German with the name, helmet design, the launch grenades and the dark blue that is only a few shades off German grey. 

Still, $250 USD is pretty damn good, which I was planning for the evantual DX re-release Ozma, but might have to give way for this... 

8 hours ago, lechuck said:

It’s kinda like the love affair for Boba Fett back in the day, but better. At least this mobile suit had an absolutely awesome scene of handing the feddies their butts up until it got to the Gundam. And if it weren’t for all that added armor it might have actually won the battle.

The other thing this mobile suit gets attention for is its beauty. It has a great simple color scheme and looks so much cooler than the usual clown painted federation suits, especially the Goofy looking Gundams. It’s a perfect Antagonist mobile suit. 

Other people like it for the insane weapon load out with two of everything and a chainmine set for fun

12 hours ago, lechuck said:

12 hours ago, Robin-11 said:

Well, it does star in one of the best OAV series from the Gundam saga. It takes down an entire GM platoon by itself. Its pilot has more charisma than most of the pilots from the non UC universe. Despite the fact that it has to fight with a far superior MS it is almost able to beat him. So, definitely does not get much screen time but what it does with the time that is given to it well, it's really legendary.

Kampfer also made a few appearances in the Yu Gi Oh of the gundam franchise, Gundam Build Fighters. It even smokes Gundam Legend in the Build Arena . 

Ill probably pick one of these up as well 

GM Sniper vs Kampfer

3 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

Kampfer also made a few appearances in the Yu Gi Oh of the gundam franchise, Gundam Build Fighters. It even smokes Gundam Legend in the Build Arena . 

Ill probably pick one of these up as well 

GM Sniper vs Kampfer

But that is a big problem it is not the Kämpfer Amazing piloted by Tatsuya Yuuki I mean Meijin Kawaguchi from the best Gundam show ever. It is just boring old Kämpfer in blue. :cray:

Edited by Scyla

18 hours ago, Robin-11 said:

You know I'm reading this and I'm seeing scenes of 08th MS Team and Gouf Custom flash up before me – not Kämpfer. You sure you are not mistaking the OVA here? 😛😄

15 hours ago, F360 said:

The special forces/SWAT team connection has never occurred to me, but I can see how that would make the Kämpfer somewhat special amongst other Zeon MS.

13 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

More than SWAT, it's more German with the name, helmet design, the launch grenades and the dark blue that is only a few shades off German grey. 

Still, $250 USD is pretty damn good, which I was planning for the evantual DX re-release Ozma, but might have to give way for this... 

Hmm... interesting, the Geara Doga has always been the more "German MS" for me, especially for the head design. And I'm not really a colour guru, but to me it's a long way between the Kämpfer blue and German grey.

10 hours ago, Big s said:

It’s kinda like the love affair for Boba Fett back in the day, but better. At least this mobile suit had an absolutely awesome scene of handing the feddies their butts up until it got to the Gundam. And if it weren’t for all that added armor it might have actually won the battle.

The other thing this mobile suit gets attention for is its beauty. It has a great simple color scheme and looks so much cooler than the usual clown painted federation suits, especially the Goofy looking Gundams. It’s a perfect Antagonist mobile suit. 

Other people like it for the insane weapon load out with two of everything and a chainmine set for fun

I guess it boils down to the MS design not really being in line with my aesthetic preferences, that very bulbous and somewhat squat main body in combination with the wider looking hips throws me off.

Thank you all for your input on the Kämpfer. I'm torn, on the one hand I want to give it pass, but on the other hand with a possible Gundam NT-1 (however long that might take) it would be a great companion to have in the collection. As it is P-Bandai, it will be well over 40k Yen to get a pre-order in – I need to contemplate.

1 hour ago, lechuck said:

You know I'm reading this and I'm seeing scenes of 08th MS Team and Gouf Custom flash up before me – not Kämpfer. You sure you are not mistaking the OVA here? 😛😄

You are not wrong, that's another really great scene from a beautiful Gundam series. Probably my second favorite. But...how can you forget the poor Scarlet team?😔

3 hours ago, lechuck said:

Hmm... interesting, the Geara Doga has always been the more "German MS" for me, especially for the head design. And I'm not really a colour guru, but to me it's a long way between the Kämpfer blue and German grey.

Not the blue from the anime, but from various artwork with all the other aspects I mentioned.... the colour almost connects to this shade of german ww2 helmets... image.png.5a69961a7d5a2afbfac69ecf043b8886.png

image.png.c409187e746da05b9c04895d8b6e96ef.png

Also...

image.png.6ce9884b6888cddbe1f2e0d0bf5e3065.png

image.png.38e2f2fbb7facc273d3d7f2bd0e26a1e.png

Edited by Raikkonen

For my part, I just think it's a great-looking design. I don't have much attachment to the OVA it's from, or even the scenes it's featured in, but I love the way it looks. It manages to exude both bulk and speed, such that you readily accept when it's said in-universe to be designed for hit-and-run tactics. Additionally, I forget who said it in the past, but someone here made the good point that it manages to be a more elegant execution of the "all dakka all day" look that the Full Armor Unicorn Gundam would also attempt 20 years later. Where the Unicorn's FA form looks unwieldy and cumbersome, the Kampfer's "Full Armor" form... doesn't.

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

For my part, I just think it's a great-looking design. I don't have much attachment to the OVA it's from, or even the scenes it's featured in, but I love the way it looks. It manages to exude both bulk and speed, such that you readily accept when it's said in-universe to be designed for hit-and-run tactics. Additionally, I forget who said it in the past, but someone here made the good point that it manages to be a more elegant execution of the "all dakka all day" look that the Full Armor Unicorn Gundam would also attempt 20 years later. Where the Unicorn's FA form looks unwieldy and cumbersome, the Kampfer's "Full Armor" form... doesn't.

I always felt that unicorn got confused between full armor and fully armed