Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

27 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

The stabilizers both have 001 printed on them. Does that mean Bandai screwed up this release? Since according to Bandai 100 is the correct modex printing?

Will we ever really know!?

7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

The stabilizers both have 001 printed on them. Does that mean Bandai screwed up this release? Since according to Bandai 100 is the correct modex printing?

I thought they included a second tail fin with 100 on it. The product description mentions an interchangeable tailfin for the right side. Bandai really can't let go of that mistake and call it mistake, can they?

3 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

I thought they included a second tail fin with 100 on it. The product description mentions an interchangeable tailfin for the right side. Bandai really can't let go of that mistake and call it mistake, can they?

No, because if they admit it wasn't on purpose, they're going to have the entire community who purchased the original release demanding spare tailfins to fix it like they did this one.  That's why it's called "optional."  Calling it a "fix" would be admitting they were wrong.

8 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

No, because if they admit it wasn't on purpose, they're going to have the entire community who purchased the original release demanding spare tailfins to fix it like they did this one.  That's why it's called "optional."  Calling it a "fix" would be admitting they were wrong.

And because the impacted VF-1s didn't have this new removable tailfin gimmick, it would have been a major headache for them to fix the problem. The most they did was include decals with the Hayao DX so you could fix it yourself. Having to purchase an expensive TWE VF-1 to get a DIY fix for a different VF-1 isn't really a fix, which is why I ended up creating that small $5 decal set for MW members who needed it.

21 minutes ago, grogall said:

So who wants to bet, that shortly after the release of the VT-1 Super Ostrich in July they will hit us with the VE-1 Elintseeker for release in Nov/Dec?

image.png.ab84bf5b5342d62ba294808981e323af.png

If so, it's a sign of the end times. Might as well max out the AmEx and buy a case if it happens.

1 minute ago, Radioguy said:

If so, it's a sign of the end times. Might as well max out the AmEx and buy a case if it happens.

Not necessarily, the High Metal R line is still going strong and the released both the VT-1/VE-1 in 2018. I'm sure they planed this for the 40th Anniversary of D.Y.R.L.!

7 minutes ago, grogall said:

Not necessarily, the High Metal R line is still going strong and the released both the VT-1/VE-1 in 2018. I'm sure they planed this for the 40th Anniversary of D.Y.R.L.!

Then it's still the end times for my wallet.

2 hours ago, grogall said:

So who wants to bet, that shortly after the release of the VT-1 Super Ostrich in July they will hit us with the VE-1 Elintseeker for release in Nov/Dec?

I hope they do, although my wallet needs a break. Most of the tooling is already done.

3 hours ago, grogall said:

I really hope no.

Bandai better announce something I'm really not interested in.

Had to pull the trigger very badly on this one since I only have the Yamato V1 one.

Past year was quite crazy in terms of collecting, my Macross collection grew up a bit more than I expected.

For the first half of the year I'm down to only functioning organs to pay for collecting toys.

34 minutes ago, Froy said:

I really hope no.

Bandai better announce something I'm really not interested in.

Had to pull the trigger very badly on this one since I only have the Yamato V1 one.

Past year was quite crazy in terms of collecting, my Macross collection grew up a bit more than I expected.

For the first half of the year I'm down to only functioning organs to pay for collecting toys.

Yes, I know what you mean! I went from 0 in the DX series to a complete collection in 2 month, also nicking my bank account just a little 😱

6 hours ago, Radioguy said:

Then it's still the end times for my wallet.

Don't forget....it's also the 30th Anniversary for Macross Plus and Macross 7...

We already PO'd a YF-21 for M+...and now a VT-1 for DYRL....perhaps a DX VF-19 Kai may be up next?...

5 hours ago, Froy said:

Should we ask which organs are still functioning? Or, do you mean ones you still get use out of?

15 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I'd be ok if all future DX VF-1 releases were TWE.  They are so much easier to order and knowing that some stores list the item earlier helps.

Nah, I'd love to see them on shelves in US shops one day. I still think that's a worthwhile hope.

On 1/26/2024 at 1:50 AM, grogall said:

*snip*

I'll pass. 8)

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'll pass. 8)

I hear you...bandai's got to pull out some more magic for the VE-1 since arcadia has the premium version VE-1...

What if bandai came up with a rainbow canopy for the DX?

18 minutes ago, seti88 said:

bandai's got to pull out some more magic for the VE-1 since arcadia has the premium version VE-1...

What if Bandai came up with a larger scale than the Arcadia?

Say, 1:48? 😝

57 minutes ago, borgified said:

How about either a 1/12 or a 1/18 scale carbon copy if the real thing @tekering? Guaranteed that someone has room in their home plot. ;)

1/12 would be large your going to need a big coffee table to display it and several friends to help transform it.

kidslogic-vf1j-cockpit-statue-4.jpg

Honestly, the VF-1 isn't that big a plane, about the size of an F-16 I think.  Anything up to about 1/18 would probably be manageable, and would put it in scale with all of those 1/18 planes some companies released years back.

And at that scale, it would work pretty well with 3.75" figures of any style. ^_^ 

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Honestly, the VF-1 isn't that big a plane, about the size of an F-16 I think.  Anything up to about 1/18 would probably be manageable, and would put it in scale with all of those 1/18 planes some companies released years back.

And at that scale, it would work pretty well with 3.75" figures of any style. ^_^ 

You're talking Matchbox Veritech Fighter size, aren't you? An accurate VF-1S that could accommodate the same figures has always been a subconscious desire. Yeah, I think I would go for that.

I mean, the old Matchbox one was hilariously mis-proportioned, just like all old GI Joe scaled aircraft.

I'm thinking something like this.

There were several companies that made these big 1/18 scale aircraft for a while, mostly WWII era, because those were slightly more manageable sizes.  I managed to pick up one of the F-104 releases, but I always regretted not grabbing the F-86 and MiG-15 ones when they went on clearance at a local Walmart.

7 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I mean, the old Matchbox one was hilariously mis-proportioned, just like all old GI Joe scaled aircraft.

I'm thinking something like this.

There were several companies that made these big 1/18 scale aircraft for a while, mostly WWII era, because those were slightly more manageable sizes.  I managed to pick up one of the F-104 releases, but I always regretted not grabbing the F-86 and MiG-15 ones when they went on clearance at a local Walmart.

That scales to the Matchbox figures though, yeah? That's what I meant. Yeah, a DX valk that size would cost a a couple grand and weigh as much as a toddler.

Yes, I'd want one.

11 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

That scales to the Matchbox figures though, yeah? That's what I meant. Yeah, a DX valk that size would cost a a couple grand and weigh as much as a toddler.

Yes, I'd want one.

The toddler or the DX in 1/18? I have a 1/8 Le Mans Racing car collection! So size does matter....🤪

5 hours ago, tekering said:

What if Bandai came up with a larger scale than the Arcadia?

Say, 1:48? 😝

😂😂 oops pop goes the arcadia hype!

or hold the arcadia closer so that it looks bigger..  🤪 

no sicko jokes pls..🤣😂